Movie Suicide Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a read of the production section on wikipedia over my lunch break. Made my head spin - surely would be up there as the messiest production of a film ever? :confused:

According to the wiki, it also got 87% approval on metacritic which makes it an impressive feat given the list of challenges they faced.
Watching the doco's on the DVDs is fascinating. Spengler and Salkind desperately trying to justify their * ups, contrasted starkly by Donner's incredible passion.

Also hilarious watching the original Superman II now and seeing the obvious voice/body double for Gene Hackman, given he told the Salkind's to * off once they sacked Donner.

The world engine stuff is the only part where I think they got carried away. It didn't need that transformers style lifting everything up then throwing it back down again rubbish and superman vs giant tentacles, but the fight vs Zod is probably some of the best looking fight scenes I've ever seen and a couple of buildings getting hit doesn't ruin it for me.

Soooooo anyway this thread has been derailed something shocking. Do we need a DC universe thread as well?

The world engine stuff is the only part where I think they got carried away. It didn't need that transformers style lifting everything up then throwing it back down again rubbish and superman vs giant tentacles, but the fight vs Zod is probably some of the best looking fight scenes I've ever seen and a couple of buildings getting hit doesn't ruin it for me.

Soooooo anyway this thread has been derailed something shocking. Do we need a DC universe thread as well?
Might be a bit premature, there's not that much going on in it yet.

All this talk might be better off in the Dawn of Justice thread though.

Some conflict between Lex and Bruce would be an interesting undertone to the larger scheme at play.

That would be awesome especially if they had cast Bale as Luthor (as Rosenbaum suggested).

Wayne goes into partnership with Lex to have a closer look at what he is doing. Like he did to Lau.

Wayne then screws him over or at least thats how Lex sees it.

That would be awesome especially if they had cast Bale as Luthor (as Rosenbaum suggested).

Wayne goes into partnership with Lex to have a closer look at what he is doing. Like he did to Lau.
Christian Bale?

Never would've happened.

The early parts on Krypton is where they went over the top. I always skip the Avatar bullshit. So unnecessary. How about showing the people of Krypton facing their end would have given the whole thing more impact.

I still wish Bryan Cranston had been cast as Luthor but I have a feeling Eisenberg might do a surprisingly good job for some reason.

Isn't there a rumour Luthor could be appearing in Suicide Squad floating around (probably more of a cameo than anything - think I read somewhere Affleck could make a brief appearance also).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg:large

Yep, it seemed The Long Halloween was the inspiration for Ledger's adaptation.

I wonder if this will be an origin take on The Joker, which is essentially what The Killing Joke was.

Yep, it seemed The Long Halloween was the inspiration for Ledger's adaptation.

I wonder if this will be an origin take on The Joker, which is essentially what The Killing Joke was.
I hope not. The Joker has no origin.

I hope not. The Joker has no origin.

I think that's why The Killing Joke was so popular. Showed the 'tragic' side to his life failings and how he turned into the psychopath we know him to be.

It was also brilliant and demonstrating how intrinsically linked he and Batman are - one truly cannot exist without the other.

I think that's why The Killing Joke was so popular. Showed the 'tragic' side to his life failings and how he turned into the psychopath we know him to be.

It was also brilliant and demonstrating how intrinsically linked he and Batman are - one truly cannot exist without the other.
Even in that though, he said "I like my stories to be multiple choice". So we have no idea if it was true at all.

Even in that though, he said "I like my stories to be multiple choice". So we have no idea if it was true at all.

The more I think about it, the more likely I believe there will be an origin tale in this depiction.

Even the photo tweeted a week or two back of Leto holding the camera - again, straight from The Killing Joke.

The more I think about it, the more likely I believe there will be an origin tale in this depiction.

Even the photo tweeted a week or two back of Leto holding the camera - again, straight from The Killing Joke.

I think I read some comments that the metal teeth Joker has is a result from a previous run in with Batman (where they all got knocked out).

Given this universe's Batman will already be a battle hardened hero, it's perhaps also might suggest that the Joker has been around for a while too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back