Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay $1m a win’: Why Suns must ‘milk’ new advantage and play away on purpose

Can’t imagine the AFL would let us sell Metricon game to a Vic club after marking money off two Darwin games.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we played 2 games there moving forward, at least for a couple of years. The idea of playing middle table teams is a good concept though. Not sure how that works in practice, as some clubs just won’t be sent to Darwin due to the money they bring in elsewhere…

Watching us play the last couple of years in Darwin on the TV, it actually looks much more slippery during night games at HBS. Didn’t notice much fumbling at all up in the NT. We’re always fumbling around at home.

Can’t imagine the AFL would let us sell Metricon game to a Vic club after marking money off two Darwin games.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we played 2 games there moving forward, at least for a couple of years. The idea of playing middle table teams is a good concept though. Not sure how that works in practice, as some clubs just won’t be sent to Darwin due to the money they bring in elsewhere…
Mark Evans told Jon Ralph that the Suns are addament of playing 9 games on the Gold Coast and would like to continue playing 2 games in Darwin.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I fully agree with buckleys proposal. To play teams around or slightly above our mark in Darwin for an ‘8 point game’

Maybe I’m missing something but the suns don’t get to pick their opponents do they?

Maybe Collingwood has more say, but isn’t it the AFL that does the scheduling?

I doubt the afl would care.

Collingwood are looking at selling a home game but depending on $$ they would get for it although the article says perth I would think they’d look at Sydney or brisbane

IMG_9551.JPG

Maybe we could play our 1 game in Darwin next year and buy the Pies game and play them in Darwin the next week.
That's two games in Darwin and only loose 1 home game.
Can you imagine the whinges from Pies fans about having to travel to Darwin🤣

Mark Evans told Jon Ralph that the Suns are addament of playing 9 games on the Gold Coast and would like to continue playing 2 games in Darwin.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haaaaaaaate this.
Our membership hasn't come down in cost considering we used to get 11 home games at HBS

I could stomach 10 games and the club keep's the price, but surely, we can negotiate better and have another club sell their home game? This $hits me.

Even GWS playing in Homebush/Canberra is a little easier to get too if you're a local in Sydney for a 3hr drive down to Canberra.

I haaaaaaaate this.
Our membership hasn't come down in cost considering we used to get 11 home games at HBS

I could stomach 10 games and the club keep's the price, but surely, we can negotiate better and have another club sell their home game? This $hits me.

Even GWS playing in Homebush/Canberra is a little easier to get too if you're a local in Sydney for a 3hr drive down to Canberra.

This year was only 9 games and no guest passes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haaaaaaaate this.

Yeah but the team is better so you are getting a better product. Pay the piper ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Macpherson’s switch to defensive set to prolong his AFL career with Gold Coast Suns​

Darcy Macpherson’s defensive shift has put him in the box seat to extend his contract with Suns powerbrokers detailing their desire to retain him beyond his current deal.

The impact of the 25-year-old, who has spent years bouncing in and out of the team, has been so vast that Suns football manager Wayne Campbell says the club would look to keep him well beyond his current deal that runs out at the end of 2024.

“Definitely. He takes care of his body really well and as long as his form stands up I can’t see why not,” Campbell said. “He has a few years left in him I would have thought and we would love to have him.”
“He took on that shift down back and played tremendous footy,” Campbell said.
“He wins one-on-ones and can get high possessions. He has learnt to use the ball better too and is the ultimate competitor. We are just wrapped with his year.”

Campbell said it was an easy conversation to have in the pre-season despite the significance of the move for Macpherson.
“He is such a good person. He has really high integrity and wants the best for the club and he always understood that,” Campbell said.

“He just got to work on what the coaches wanted him to work on and came in with really open eyes and optimism.”

Darcy Macpherson’s switch to defensive set to prolong his AFL career with Gold Coast Suns​

Darcy Macpherson’s defensive shift has put him in the box seat to extend his contract with Suns powerbrokers detailing their desire to retain him beyond his current deal.

Imagine 12 months ago saying we made the right call shipping off Will Brodie over Macpherson.

Incredible turnaround. Has his limitations, but he has really stood up in an area we needed some players to.

The Captain's Run
Charlie Ballard joined us to discuss his 100th games, his stellar season, the Suns resurgence, Stuart Dew, and more.

The Captain's Run
Charlie Ballard joined us to discuss his 100th games, his stellar season, the Suns resurgence, Stuart Dew, and more.

I've got a feeling the boys will be really keen to get up for Ballard's 100th. He's the first of the fab five (Luko, King, Rowell, Anderson) to reach 100 games and I'm very confident in saying that if those five players all play well tomorrow then we're going to win. Arguably the five most important players in the team and they all seem like a tight unit that would want to play well in each other's milestone games.

It's been an incredible journey for Ballard after being drafted with pick 42. We drafted him as a tall winger and he's become one of the best key defenders in the league. Truly remarkable and never forget that pick 42 was sent to us in the Weller trade for our pick 2. There's no doubt now that we won that trade.

I've got a feeling the boys will be really keen to get up for Ballard's 100th. He's the first of the fab five (Luko, King, Rowell, Anderson) to reach 100 games and I'm very confident in saying that if those five players all play well tomorrow then we're going to win. Arguably the five most important players in the team and they all seem like a tight unit that would want to play well in each other's milestone games.

It's been an incredible journey for Ballard after being drafted with pick 42. We drafted him as a tall winger and he's become one of the best key defenders in the league. Truly remarkable and never forget that pick 42 was sent to us in the Weller trade for our pick 2. There's no doubt now that we won that trade.

No fuss absolute legend bloke and amazing underrated player. Just continues to get better and better. Will be a 300 game Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back