Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fuss absolute legend bloke and amazing underrated player. Just continues to get better and better. Will be a 300 game Sun.
Seems very durable too. He's played 99 of a possible 117 games to date and didn't debut until round 7 of his first season so really he's only missed 12 games over the last five seasons. Reaching 100 games at 23 years of age puts him on track to reach 300 games in his early 30s so I think you might be right about that and don't forget he would have more games to his name if it hadn't been for the shortened COVID season. I think it's fair to say Ballard is the first hidden gem that Dew has been able to draft with a later pick (42) and mould into a star of the competition. Very impressive.

No fuss absolute legend bloke and amazing underrated player. Just continues to get better and better. Will be a 300 game Sun.
Whose closest to achieving this milestone? I know Swallow's on 200+ and Day will go to 150 before seasons end but neither are a chance realistically.
Obviously a long way to go but who will be our first 300 gamer?

You need a bit of luck with injuries to get to 300 but I reckon touk miller goes close with a bit of luck.

Obviously a long way to go but who will be our first 300 gamer?
You'd have to say Touk Miller. Turned 27 a few months ago and already has 166 games under his belt. His seasons so far:

2015 - 22/22
2016 - 18/22
2017 - 20/22
2018 - 22/22
2019 - 18/22
2020 - 17/17
2021 - 21/22
2022 - 22/22
2023 - 6/12
Total - 166/183

Prior to this year's injury he'd only missed 11 games over 9 seasons. That's extreme durability and has set him up nicely to hit 200 before the age of 30. Obviously there are so many unknowns in the future but if we can add a few finals campaigns to his total over the next few years then that should give Touk a realistic shot at hitting 300. FWIW Touk was 24 when he played his 101st AFL game so Ballard might have a realistic shot at 300 as well.

Darcy Macpherson’s switch to defensive set to prolong his AFL career with Gold Coast Suns​

Darcy Macpherson’s defensive shift has put him in the box seat to extend his contract with Suns powerbrokers detailing their desire to retain him beyond his current deal.

Dono how I feel about this… still got budders and Weller coming back…

Rogers coming in next year
What’s the big rush to sign him up long term

This is a bit unconvential, but bare with me -- Swoop Luke had a chat with David King about the pies, and all sorts of stuff. But he also talks about the suns. Talks about Dew, how the players are clearly playing for him. How you can't judge the suns on last year and the WL, as they are playing differently now. Talks about how much BK makes a difference. And a bunch of other stuff.
Give it a watch

Starts @ 22:50

He has been our best small defender this year. Gives us opportunities to play Weller or Powell up the ground. He would be dirt cheap, worth signing up.

All con

It all comes down to whether “ make it rain” Cameron decides to pay an appropriate wage rather than overpay as he has done in the past. I’m sure somewhere a stripper from Cameron’s local has a house on Hedges avenue

Basically I’m saying if we can sign up Darcy on the minimum then keep him, if not bye bye

All con

It all comes down to whether “ make it rain” Cameron decides to pay an appropriate wage rather than overpay as he has done in the past. I’m sure somewhere a stripper from Cameron’s local has a house on Hedges avenue

Basically I’m saying if we can sign up Darcy on the minimum then keep him, if not bye bye
Nah.
He deserves more than minimum wage. Been one of our most consistent players this year
Definitely wouldn't be forking over the big bucks.. but I don't think anyone else would be either. A fair offer for another 2 years is fair. We'll know where Buderick and co are at by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a clean out for the swelling around the joint?
Yeah, I believe Dew mentioned little clean up. I have to re-listen the interview. Also mentioned that any other player would probably keep playing. It does not sound like ACL minor tear what people were reporting.

Anyway, happy for Weller to be back.

Yeah, I believe Dew mentioned little clean up. I have to re-listen the interview. Also mentioned that any other player would probably keep playing. It does not sound like ACL minor tear what people were reporting.

Anyway, happy for Weller to be back.
Lachie himself said it was a minor tear.
Told SUNS that.
Little clean up surgery could be for anything.

Am I reading this correctly? Is Dew expecting Touk to return for the Port Adelaide game or potentially even the Collingwood game next week!?!?

As much as I would love Touk back, if we lose on the weekend we may as well sit Touk out for the rest of the year.

The last thing I want is for Touk to rush back and hurt himself again, but then again, watching our midfield against Carlton last week was the first time I thought we really missed Touk.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as I would love Touk back, if we lose on the weekend we may as well sit Touk out for the rest of the year.

The last thing I want is for Touk to rush back and hurt himself again, but then again, watching our midfield against Carlton last week was the first time I thought we really missed Touk.

Fook that, we need our best 22 on the park and wins on the board. Only way we can move forward as a club.

Never give in, best should always play together and will benefit from team cohesion regardless of the ladder.
Do you think Touk would want to hang up the boots for the year? It's against someone's mental makeup who shows that he is a driven and competitive animal.

What's the point of living if you're just going to inevitably die.

Winning has to be part of the culture

We will wither and die if we keep waiting for "next year"
Next year it might be Ando or Witts or Ballard that goes down
Last year it was King and the year before Rowell
He plays the last 8 matches and he has all Summer to recover

Never give in, best should always play together and will benefit from team cohesion regardless of the ladder.
Do you think Touk would want to hang up the boots for the year? It's against someone's mental makeup who shows that he is a driven and competitive animal.

What's the point of living if you're just going to inevitably die.

Winning has to be part of the culture
Of course he would want to play.

My point is that if we can't make finals why risk rushing him back?
If the medical staff feel as if he's fit, fine play him and pray he's okay.

There is a reason why a lot of team at the bottom of the ladder put players on ice as this time of year.

This is such a weird take. The guy is ready to play and you want him to take the rest of the year off?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course he would want to play.

My point is that if we can't make finals why risk rushing him back?
If the medical staff feel as if he's fit, fine play him and pray he's okay.

There is a reason why a lot of team at the bottom of the ladder put players on ice as this time of year.

Name one team that has put its best player (that is fit to play btw) on ice for 8-10 games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back