Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's because we are the slowest team in the comp
The only way you can overcome lack of speed is exquisite ball use- so-ummmmm-I'll just leave that here
yeah agree here.
We are a very average transition/skill team from D50
I lose my marbles when we have Collins trying to deliver into the middle/aggressive kick that skillfully needs to come off.
Very glaring when Weller is not around, and Luko cant get up the wings, Powell out. We're missing a winger, and half back flanker/ball user.
I have liked Ainsworth further up the field which I think is working.

Ok I had my 1 post this week play on...

According to Champion Data we got 2 elite (can you guess who) and 10 above average players in 2023 season.
Add 9 average, 10 below average, 8 N/A.

Elite - Ainsworth, Powell
Above average - Ellis, Lukosius, Miller, Witts, Flanders, Weller, Anderson, Rowell, Collins
Poor - Sexton, Berry, Day, Tsitas, Burgess, Uwland, Johnston, Moyle, Farrar

Last edited:
Two in the top 5 is bad, definitely need to fix up the backline and the way the midfield let's the ball in.

I reckon showing stats that way doesn't hold much weight unless it shows TOG and number of games played.....

Ballard and Collins both played 22 games with 95.7 and 97.1 TOG respectively.....virtually a full game for both, and both more TOG than the other 3, and both under 3 goals per game...............not too bad I would have thought, seeing as we only won 9 games, but definitely not brilliant....

As you stated, maybe we need to look further up the ground...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point in not rookie listing Rance as a break glass option.
I think it's a great opportunity to get him around Andrew Brock and Crab
Can only be good for Collins and The Interceptor heir apparent Chucky B

No point in not rookie listing Rance as a break glass option.
I think it's a great opportunity to get him around Andrew Brock and Crab
Can only be good for Collins and The Interceptor heir apparent Chucky B

Another reason? If he is rookie listed he is paid out of the salary cap and not the soft cap. Suspect the soft cap got a lot tighter with Dimma replacing Dew and Grigg also coming on.

Of course, we would have been under the soft cap last year 'cause the AFL is cheap on some things but just absolutely hoses away money on other stuff.

Do AFL.com writers do a shred of research before writing anything?
From the around the grounds article today.

Mabior Chol did his chances of extending his AFL career no harm, playing a huge part in Gold Coast's 15-point preliminary final win over Box Hill on Saturday as it advanced to the VFL Grand Final for the first time.

The out-of-contract forward kicked five goals from 11 marks and 16 disposals in a performance that will certainly catch the eye of recruiting staff elsewhere, if not that of new Suns coach Damien Hardwick.

Chol with 2 years left on his deal 🤨🤨

Mabior Chol did his chances of extending his AFL career no harm, playing a huge part in Gold Coast's 15-point preliminary final win over Box Hill on Saturday as it advanced to the VFL Grand Final for the first time.

The out-of-contract forward kicked five goals from 11 marks and 16 disposals in a performance that will certainly catch the eye of recruiting staff elsewhere, if not that of new Suns coach Damien Hardwick.

Literally one Google search would reveal that Chol signed a four year contract with us back in the 2021 off season. Just feels like these Vic journos are so lazy when it comes to anyone that doesn't currently reside in their state.

Did the article have a name for the writer? Or was it just more churned out trash

Did the article have a name for the writer? Or was it just more churned out trash

Says it all.......

Around the state leagues: Hawks, Lions fall short, history for Suns​

Check out all the best players from this weekend's VFL, WAFL and SANFL action
By Staff writers
4 hrs ago

He plays like Charlie and could match Harley, so why haven’t you heard about Jed Walter?​

“Dimma [former Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick] is in there now,” he enthused.

“Just look at his resume. Three-time premiership coach, it’s pretty crazy. If I play under him, that would be unreal.
“I think it’s really exciting times for the Goldie. I think they’re a good chance to have a crack at it in September [next year].”
“I love Curnow … I try to pick things out of his game and put them into mine,” he said.

“I mean, just love the way he goes about it. And same height as well. And I think we play pretty similar. So yeah, he’s definitely one that I’ve taken a close eye on.”
Walter said the academy program had allowed him to see first-hand how the Suns AFL players trained and conducted themselves, and the close attention he’d paid to key-position players Ben King, Jack Lukosius and Levi Casboult had enhanced his development.

“All the boys are really good and give us good feedback,” he said.
“And I’m lucky enough to spend some time in the team meetings as well. So, we know what it’s like and what the AFL consists of once you get into the right system.”

Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on your way out mate.

What a flop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Let's be chill about this everyone.

At the end of the day, Footy is just a game and Eli Hollands is still a young man that clearly needs some help.

I hope he finds it back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back