Review Suns v Hawks.

you don't lose by 100pts because of umpiring. We lost to the reigning GF champions who just destroyed the runners up, who in turn beat us pretty good.

We need to beat the teams we are closer to talent wise. And idk who said it, and im too lazy to go back, but if you think Jack Martin and his 1 quarter of football was the difference here you are way out in space.
FFS FS, even Sandra Bullock had a piece of space junk to cling onto for some hope, let us grasp onto something please!! ;)

You're right though from what I've seen this year, I don't think anyone is close to Hawthorn. They are playing as close to perfect football as I can remember seeing in over 35 years. Their ball movement is frightening, make a mistake and they'll cut you up 100% guaranteed. That was part of our problem tonight, too many fumbles. I thought they bamboozled Fremantle worse with their running patterns early last week, but our fumbling, poor tackling, and inability to move the ball forward especially in the second half let them destroy us on the scoreboard. I feel so deflated. Do we have to play them again?

I think we are going ok, 2-2 after 4 rounds, it's to be expected after playing both of the grand finalists of last year. :thumbsu:
I guess it's not the loss itself, it's just the way we lost.

But yeah, 2-2 is as expected (if not better). Still a percentage of ~80. The next run of games will really define our season. I just hope the confidence now isn't shot after such a loss and we revert back to 2012 form.

I am deeply depressed after lastnight's game. What has happened to Luke Russell? :(

you don't lose by 100pts because of umpiring. We lost to the reigning GF champions who just destroyed the runners up, who in turn beat us pretty good.

We need to beat the teams we are closer to talent wise. And idk who said it, and im too lazy to go back, but if you think Jack Martin and his 1 quarter of football was the difference here you are way out in space.

Agree with this 100% we do not miss Jack Martin whatsoever. Was a weird comment.

Shattered last night, our confidence has taken a massive hit no doubt about it. You could see it in the game. Our midfield got demolished, our skills were atrocious. We missed so many targets.

What the hell was Warnock doing in that side? He is not a forward pocket and turns like a truck. Its as if we are that injured we resorted to that. Was he playing a defensive forward role?! It seemed really dumb and failed miserably.

We ran out of legs, because we couldn't get our hands on the ball! I'm not concerned with our fitness at all to be honest. We were chasing for about 60-70mins because we couldn't win the clearances, or barely any contests.

What a horrible game last night. We looked like we have gone backwards. Selfish play, tunnel vision for goals from others. Hall has to be dropped.. Almost every possession went straight to the opposition as did a lot of Prestia's his disposal by foot and hand at times is very suspect.
Warnock up forward WTF.... Lynch could not get the ball to save himself last night. Why do we keep kicking to him when he is heavy manned? The boys need to look for a better option and think outside the square instead of bombing it in and hoping for the best.
Tommy tried all night with no help. Stanley tried his heart out. Jaegar was great again as was Swallow and Gaz. Not too impressed with Risa only 16 possessions for a Midfield he should be getting high 20's. Who is our tagger this year in the Middle.?
Let's hope for a better game next week against the Demons.
I know Hawks are the real deal but we looked pitiful.

Think I said at 1 stage after seeing a comment (along the lines of jack Martin being missed)
That he only lasted maybe half a qtr, so we never really had him in our first grade team to begin with therefore he can't really be missed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluey is a very good game day coach. You cant say he's not just because we got anal raped by the two grand finalists from last year.

Back