XBX1 Sunset Overdrive

Remove this Banner Ad

Gametime.co.uk said:
Its hard not to see the things that have influenced this game, whether it be the over riding Tony Hawks Pro Skater feel or the Scott Pilgrim style text pops. There is even a little Infamous and Jet Set Radio thrown in there for good measure but overall, I haven’t played a game that is this much fun for a long time and I can’t see me rating a game higher than this for a long time either. Sunset Overdrive delivers a superbly fun experience and a nostalgic thrown back to how games used to be. Just great fun. This will surely be a console seller for Microsoft and the developers should be proud of what is one of the best games I have ever played.

They gave it a 9.4

Yep, can't wait to play it.
I think some people were expecting it to be a flop.
I think people didn't know what way it would go, the videos didn't really do a lot for a few so fence sitting was the go for most.
Review scores seem to be good but i have read a couple of them and they seem to read like they will score it in the average league but put an 8-9 on there which is a little weird.
Looks like if you want a break from the every day shooter then this is a sure thing.

I think people didn't know what way it would go, the videos didn't really do a lot for a few so fence sitting was the go for most.
Review scores seem to be good but i have read a couple of them and they seem to read like they will score it in the average league but put an 8-9 on there which is a little weird.
Looks like if you want a break from the every day shooter then this is a sure thing.

Yeah it seems like a game you have to see in motion/play yourself.
The youtube videos probably don't paint a picture of how it feels to play it.

It got a 5/5 on Joystiq and Polygon gave it a 9
Here's a summary of what they said

''As a collection of mechanics and ideas, Sunset Overdrive is an impressive evolution of things Insomniac has been doing for a long time. Every part of Sunset Overdrive hooks into every other part somehow, and often in multiple ways, and it makes the whole shooting, grinding, wall-running package better for it. But the best thing about Sunset Overdrive is how it's unabashedly enthusiastic about what it is, in just about every way. That enthusiasm, and the freedom behind it, is contagious.''

EDIT - Anyone know the best price?

EDIT - Anyone know the best price?

Dick Smith are selling it for $70 I think.

They actually have it listed for $60 on their site but I'm not sure if that's only if you pre-order it.

If this was on the PS4 the fanboys would be creaming their pants right about now. Looking forward to it.
If this was on PS4 I'd still have no interest.

I might buy it if DSE did it at a ridiculous price.

If this was on the PS4 the fanboys would be creaming their pants right about now. Looking forward to it.

And Titanfall would be the best FPS of all time yada yada yada.

I'm just thankful the game has turned out to be very good, it certainly looked like it could be a bit of a drag.
I'm all for supporting a developer for trying something a bit different and taking a risk.

Would they? that's an odd fanboy assumption to make and a completely random one at that. Not sure which PS4 fanboys are in here bashing the game but I can't see any on this page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sort of games do you actually like, you seem incredibly picky?
Que?

I'm anything but picky. My gaming collection is massive.

I was just wondering why you wouldn't be into Sunset Overdrive if It was on PS4?
Especially since it's getting great reviews across the board.
Not my cup of tea.

Looks like something that'll get old quickly.

Not my cup of tea.

Looks like something that'll get old quickly.

Hmm fair enough, I'll post some impressions once I buy it.
Some of the reviews mentioned a 25hr story not including extra stuff.

Last insomniac game I played IIRC was the first Jak & Daxter.
Didn't really get into the Ratchet & Clank series.

8tWK5Rc.gif

Would they? that's an odd fanboy assumption to make and a completely random one at that. Not sure which PS4 fanboys are in here bashing the game but I can't see any on this page.
Not necessarily on this forum, but many Sony exclusives to me tend to be overhyped probably by their fanbase and under deliver (Driveclub for example). This title I'm sure would have alot more buzz around it if it were a PS4 exclusive. It's looking like it will probably be the most solid exclusive title this gen so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back