XBX1 Sunset Overdrive

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got it and installed the update and played for about three minutes until my daughter came in from outside and I elected to turn it off being a good parent. In that time with the game I have learnt.... nothing.

Just got it and installed the update and played for about three minutes until my daughter came in from outside and I elected to turn it off being a good parent. In that time with the game I have learnt.... nothing.

The suspend feature on XB1 is a godsend with kids/missus

Getting it tomorrow my pay was late :(

The suspend feature on XB1 is a godsend with kids/missus

Getting it tomorrow my pay was late :(
Indeed it is.

Spent an hourish on it now and you can tell it's going to be good fun. The controls are tricky and will require practice but the game is chock full of charm and character and the art style is absolutely stunning. It's way too much of a full on assault to be playing when you're half asleep though so calling it a night.

Indeed it is.

Spent an hourish on it now and you can tell it's going to be good fun. The controls are tricky and will require practice but the game is chock full of charm and character and the art style is absolutely stunning. It's way too much of a full on assault to be playing when you're half asleep though so calling it a night.

Similar thoughts, will give a crack over the weekend to test it out.

Was considering grabbing this by trading in at JB with their 2 for 1 deal (have about 6 games on their inclusion list :D)

I dunno, I'm watching videos and reviews and it's just not grabbing me as a must play or something I'll still be enjoying after a week or 2. Trying to talk myself into getting it just because it's something new isn't helping either. Will wait for a price drop or keep an eye out for someone selling it for around $40 on gumtree.

I think Forza Horizon 2 and Halo MCC will be more than enough for a few months anyway.

Just tried this out at PAX, by far the most fun I've had playing a game in quite a while, multi-player seems pretty fun in the limited go I got at it (came 1st, won $10 XBL credit!) Single player mode feels like some kind of glorious lovechild of Jet Set Radio, Ratchet and Clank and Dead Rising.

Played it for about an hour or so last night, it's deserving of it's praise.
The controls are a bit confusing at first but once everything flows together and you are grinding & bouncing around the city it's so fun.
The graphics are gorgeous and I love the style Insomniac has incorporated here.

How is this thread not getting more traffic? Amazing game. It's outdone Shadow of Mordor as GOTY for mine.

NBA 2k has its hooks in me, so I haven't had a chance to play it just yet. It's sitting in the corner of the room staring at me.

IMG_20141105_143753_zpsb2cdd5e6.jpg

On the weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is indeed a fantastic game. Suffering a bit being an exclusive I reckon. Only problem is I only usually get a chance to play at night and it can sometimes be too bloody hectic for me to handle. Got a good few hours into it today though and made some progress. All amps equipped, traps are in action etc.

I don't reckon I've played a game as funny as this since ToeJam & Earl on Mega Drive. Props to insomniac for breaking the mold of the standard FPS and creating something original and unique. This sort of game is the reason I loved Sega in their peak. Reminds me of Jet Set Radio.

Just finished the main story, what an awesome game well done to insomniac :)

Ending was so funny
lol at the neogaf reference

Still got heaps of side missions and collectibles to get.

Just picked it up after refunding CoD. Was keen all along but with everything else coming out was honestly just waiting for a few weeks off at Christmas to catch up, but after watching Pewdiepie play it for 15mins it looks like a bag of laughs and I just had to get it even if I don't play it right away. No it's officially in the backlog :D

anyone on xbox feel free to add me. Of course I don't switch my xb1 on anywhere near as much as my PS4 but wouldn't mind starting to populate my friends list so it doesn't feel so lonely and can compare scores and stuff. #foreveralone

Last edited:
So finally had a crack for about an hour. Got up to unlocking multiplayer, I assume I should have waited longer because I had the second lowest score and apparently only 7 kills lol. Still only have starting weapons which are only level 2 so that could be why :D really impressed with the art design. So bright and just feels like big playground. Writing seems entertaining enough and got a chuckle from a couple Breaking Bad references. The map seems massive too. Need to get through as much as I can this week because unfortunately after then it will go back in the pile for a little while.

Put 2 hours in so far, wasn't really feeling it at the start but as I started unlocking more weapons and mastering the traversal controls its really grown on me.

Just a lot of dumb fun to be had, something the industry lacks nowadays.

Last edited:
Funny as s**t dialogue, I laughed at the GameFaqs reference.
Yeah, that one got me too. There's craploads of laugh out loud moments. This sort of game really needs to be encouraged in the industry I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back