superstitions!

Remove this Banner Ad

steve4445

All Australian
Jul 18, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey guys, they had this thread on the Hawks board that is me all over!

It sounds crazy but I am extremely superstitious when it comes to watching the football even though realistically i know that my actions have no bearing on the game, what are some of your superstitions?

Mine can change game to game but one that sticks every game is my teal jocks that i have, ill always wear them on game day.

Other ones on game day can vary from the way i sit if we have a good run and i change spots and momentum shift i have to go back to the way i was, just recently against freo in round 23 my fiance started sweeping the floor in the last quarter where we started our comeback and she stopped sweeping and i got annoyed because she wouldn't continue sleeping (she thought i was mad), I made coffee in the recent final at half time and we played a good 3rd quarter, so i had another at the start of the 4th.

Used to have a pre game ritual of Gloria jeans at Aami before the game until we went to a Gloria jeans in Melbourne before the 07 gf - couldn't go back after that.

what are some of the things you do or am i just a nut?

Never wash my guernsey after a win, only a loss. (This is my main one and is adhered to without fail)

Got a pair of black and teal socks on Fathers Day... Wore them against Richmond... Wore them again on Saturday night (without washing them)... Will have them ready to go again this week (again without washing them) (ew, 3 wears)

Listen to the same songs on my way home from work after a big win every day for the entire week.

Haven't thrown my Richmond final tickets out yet.

every time we kick a goal I get up high 5 my wife smack the kitchen chair tell my daughters who kicked the goal then slap the couch in my bedroom then kiss the 04 Guernsey our away Guernsey and the signed 2004 premier t-shirt its chaotic but it works :)
if we make it to the grand final do you think the mcg staff will let you bring the kitchen chair and the couch in the bedroom? lol

I like to have a single plum floating in perfume and served in a mans hat.
Here's yours for the Hawks game :)
tumblr_lr46dz9tMt1qzs3xio1_500.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Girlfriend and I attended every home game together up until round 14.
She then left on a holiday to visit friends and came back just after the Collingwood game at the G.

She'll be unchained and free to roam again in just under 2 weeks.

... what are some of the things you do or am i just a nut?
I watched the Freo game at Alberton wearing exactly the same clothes I'd worn to the Richmond final. I even had my game ticket lanyard on early on, but then felt a bit too much of a duck and put it in my pocket hoping the footy gods would understand.
When we had the mid year run of losses my mate walked up to me at a game and said "I've had to burn an awful lot of clothes these last few weeks." No explanation needed of course.

Just as I was about to leave to attend the EF against Richmond, I sat and watched the 03' PF for the first time in years (no idea what the inclication for that was for). The same disappointment I felt that day could still be felt all these years later, but made me realise how our current group of players may not be as powerhouse as that 03' team just yet, but that we're just more confident, determined, and have a youthful optimism to attack the contest with every chance we get.

So not sure if what you as a supporter do before a game has any bearing on the end result if what I did is anything to go by lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back