Suspended past and present Essendon players may need AFL approval to play NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be right, I'm simply stating what is in the AFL anti-doping code (which may or may not align with normal practice).

Mind you, if they did appeal and the appeals court allowed them to play, there would be no basis for backdating any penalty.

Think WADA changed the code to allow players to return to training 3 months early - Hence why Saad resumed training at StKilda on the 7th of January.

Players are suspended - That means they can't play - End of story - But if players appeal and win, then they have served a suspension for no reason - This is where it could be tricky.

Players are suspended - That means they can't play - End of story - But if players appeal and win, then they have served a suspension for no reason - This is where it could be tricky.

Same rules for everyone, in every sport. Mick Rogers (cyclist) was suspended - and couldn't even train with the team - for nearly 6 months before his case was thrown out.

Think WADA changed the code to allow players to return to training 3 months early ...

Rather than just "think", why not check? The information is readily available:

"As an exception to Article 10.9.1, an Athlete may return to train with a Team or to use the facilities of a club or other member organisation of a Signatory’s member organisation during the shorter of: (1) the last two months of the Athlete’s period of Ineligibility, or (2) one-quarter of the period of Ineligibility imposed."

Think WADA changed the code to allow players to return to training 3 months early - Hence why Saad resumed training at StKilda on the 7th of January.

Well if players are playing and they get found guilty it's not fair on the guys who are playing clean, I agree with the provisional suspensions.

Actually it's as un-complicated as stink on s**t. If you're found guilty you have no presumption of innocence.

So essendon are now asking for approval to allow their players to play NAB challenge. Apparently they don't want to compromise their season. o_O I'm all for them playing until the tribunal hands down its findings, as long as any penalty given is not backdated to when infraction notices were issued.

So essendon are now asking for approval to allow their players to play NAB challenge. Apparently they don't want to compromise their season. o_O I'm all for them playing until the tribunal hands down its findings, as long as any penalty given is not backdated to when infraction notices were issued.
Absolutely. If they allow them to play when they shouldn't, they should be banned if found guilty with no backdating.

AFL will turn around a let them because of the "confidentiality".

What an absolute joke this has been, players haven't even been hit with a wet lettuce leaf.

Wouldn't be surprised if people start to drift from watching the AFL if they are allowed. Soft as anything

Absolutely. If they allow them to play when they shouldn't, they should be banned if found guilty with no backdating.

AFL will turn around a let them because of the "confidentiality".

What an absolute joke this has been, players haven't even been hit with a wet lettuce leaf.

Wouldn't be surprised if people start to drift from watching the AFL if they are allowed. Soft as anything

That's correct, the players have not been hit with a lettuce leaf, they have just had 2 years of slander, innuendo and found guilty already by many of every one gets a fair go Australians on this board.

That's correct, the players have not been hit with a lettuce leaf, they have just had 2 years of slander, innuendo and found guilty already by many of every one gets a fair go Australians on this board.
They have been inside a bubble the whole time, and have done nothing to try and make matters any better. The players done wrong, some of the players knew more than others.

Pitty they weren't as tough as when they were SMSing about "thymo"

They have been inside a bubble the whole time, and have done nothing to try and make matters any better. The players done wrong, some of the players knew more than others.

Pitty they weren't as tough as when they were SMSing about "thymo"

please provide links to all that

Yep, innocent until found guilty...Except, by the standards that apply for most sports, the have already been found guilty.

There is no tribunal usually, so an ADRVP ruling, such as has already been passed down, uncontested, is a guilty verdict. What is going on now is effectively an appeal.

Yep, innocent until found guilty...Except, by the standards that apply for most sports, the have already been found guilty.

There is no tribunal usually, so an ADRVP ruling, such as has already been passed down, uncontested, is a guilty verdict. What is going on now is effectively an appeal.

Keep telling yourself that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those links state they were living in a bubble the whole time and have done nothing to make matters better ?. :rolleyes:

How is it not true?

it is your truth, you are entitled to it, we got to this stage because the players wanted to speed up a process, nothing more nothing less, not because they are guilty or this is primarily an appeal.

If the AFL are pathetic enough to allow players on a provisional suspension to play every game (including exhibition matches like the IR game), then the Essendon players have not missed a single thing.

How is that a provisional suspension, and why should any player be allowed to backdate on that basis?

Those links state they were living in a bubble the whole time and have done nothing to make matters better ?. :rolleyes:
Won't attend tribunal because of their names (sooks)
Was a party on taking ASADA to court (how does that help?)

They need to grow a set, take responsibility and face the heat.

it is your truth, you are entitled to it, we got to this stage because the players wanted to speed up a process, nothing more nothing less, not because they are guilty or this is primarily an appeal.

Name me another sport in Australia (under ASADA/WADA) where the players wouldn't be considered guilty by this stage.

Won't attend tribunal because of their names (sooks)
Was a party on taking ASADA to court (how does that help?)

They need to grow a set, take responsibility and face the heat.

I don't think they are sooks and AFAIK they were not party to taking ASADA to court and your last sentence is a big statement from someone over the internet.

Wrong on all 3 accounts IMO

Name me another sport in Australia (under ASADA/WADA) where the players wouldn't be considered guilty by this stage.

How about you name me another sport where the unrelenting hype has been like this, where the baying mob has been screaming for all and sunder to be tossed into the river with a stone around their neck.

How about you name me another sport where players, coaches and officials have been harangued, harrassed, slurred by the media etc etc over a 2 year period.

How about you name me another sport where the unrelenting hype has been like this, where the baying mob has been screaming for all and sunder to be tossed into the river with a stone around their neck.

How about you name me another sport where players, coaches and officials have been harangued, harrassed, slurred by the media etc etc over a 2 year period.

There are pros and cons of being in a high profile sport. Do good and you're lauded widely, do bad and you're damned just as widely.

BTW. In any other sport, they'd have been named, publicly, by now.

Do you know its bad English to answer a question with a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back