Swann's Song: The Rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

I took a bit of hope from that radio interview that something will be discussed with regards to the center wicket area. My take was some form of leverage for a better deal if the pitch has to be roped off all winter.

I took a bit of hope from that radio interview that something will be discussed with regards to the center wicket area. My take was some form of leverage for a better deal if the pitch has to be roped off all winter.
Swanny may need to get the lie of the land first. Logically to an afl man it doesn't make sense, but he's been at clubs that don't have flannelled fools on them anymore - to say this is different is an understatement.

The Northern Alliance is having a meeting http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...os-to-discuss-challenges-20140804-100fgm.html

Swans chief Andrew Ireland has convened a Tuesday night meeting of the four northern AFL clubs to thrash out challenges exclusive to Australian football in Sydney and southern Queensland on the eve of Wednesday’s two-day meeting of the 18 club bosses.

While Ireland’s chairman, Andrew Pridham, has been engaged in a war of words with Collingwood’s Eddie McGuire over the northern academies, the clubs involved insisted their meeting was not a breakaway move. On the agenda for the talks between the Swans, GWS, Gold Coast and Brisbane are their battle against rugby league, promoting the game in developing markets and their push for an early start to the season.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...challenges-20140804-100fgm.html#ixzz39TLLMKy1

I can't see this meeting being organised by Sharpless. Prob by the Syd Chairmen.

Sydney CEO, as explained in the first sentence of the article.

I'm glad it'll be Swann. Much as he's in our camp now, I think it would be good to consolidate in his mind that at least some of the issues we face are systematic and not just legacy issues of us screwing up in the past.

It makes sense that Sydney is leading this. They are the powerhouse northern club at the moment, although a little on the nose with Victoria. I think we actually bring the sympathy vote as well as the case study for when things go bad. The two expansion clubs are like faithful terrier puppies running around our feet.
It would be nice (though unexpected) to get some support from the SA and WA clubs if only because they would like nothing more to stick it to the establishment. The Eagles may feel especially tender after the fiasco with being forced to wear their away strip for a home game.

Harden up then.

It is generally assumed that people commenting on articles will have at least given them a cursory glance.

If you don't, and comment as though you have, you might expect to have inaccuracies corrected.

These are the sorts of posts that make new posters feel unwelcome on the lions forum. Disappointing as you are a moderator of the site.

Actually the issue here is, if you are posting, you should consider your post before smashing one on the site.

There is a standard that's accepted by most posters and readers, and in this case by not even reading a post prior, you're actually not really contributing to this discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the issue here is, if you are posting, you should consider your post before smashing one on the site.

There is a standard that's accepted by most posters and readers, and in this case by not even reading a post prior, you're actually not really contributing to this discussion.
It is fairly obvious that l made a mistake when l must have missed that bit of information but to then degrade that poster because of a mistake someone did is very disappointing from a moderator especially. The amount of sh*t l see here being posted by off-topic conversation by some known posters on here, not naming them, could also not be contributing to the actual thread.

It is fairly obvious that l made a mistake when l must have missed that bit of information but to then degrade that poster because of a mistake someone did is very disappointing from a moderator especially.

How were you "degraded" exactly? Which part of the post degraded you?

It is fairly obvious that l made a mistake when l must have missed that bit of information but to then degrade that poster because of a mistake someone did is very disappointing from a moderator especially. The amount of sh*t l see here being posted by off-topic conversation by some known posters on here, not naming them, could also not be contributing to the actual thread.

What TBD said to you was simply that the information you sought was in the first line of an article in a post a couple above yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back