Opinion Swans Talk in the Football Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLachlan said the AFL will continue to support the NSW academies, despite the outspoken Collingwood president declaring it created an unfair advantage for Victorian teams.

“I support the academy system and they’re there for a specific reason, we need more talented athletes coming out of New South Wales and Queensland,” McLachlan said today.

“The academies are starting to be successful.”

Well, I'm sure the VFL dinner was a success

Roos (Melbourne) and Thompson (Essendon) were unable to attend the dinner due to their Fox Footy television commitment on Monday, while interstate coaches Ross Lyon (Fremantle), Adam Simpson (West Coast), Ken Hinkley (Port Adelaide), Justin Leppitsch (Brisbane Lions) and John Longmire (Sydney) were unable to make the trip.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-congestion-20140716-ztsbe.html#ixzz37gVcwukG

Well, I'm sure the VFL dinner was a success

Roos (Melbourne) and Thompson (Essendon) were unable to attend the dinner due to their Fox Footy television commitment on Monday, while interstate coaches Ross Lyon (Fremantle), Adam Simpson (West Coast), Ken Hinkley (Port Adelaide), Justin Leppitsch (Brisbane Lions) and John Longmire (Sydney) were unable to make the trip.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-congestion-20140716-ztsbe.html#ixzz37gVcwukG

Sounds like it was a cosy affair.

8862_view.jpg
godfather-quotes-15.jpg
godfather+end.jpg

upload_2014-7-17_12-38-49.png

:p

It's been pleasing to see some positive articles. Their writers deserve credit. Silence has been the standard response in recent years whenever the narrative becomes venomous and anti-Sydney. Normally the blowhards just have their say and it goes unchallenged.

The silence is ending. Which is good because offering no alternative view is just aquiescence.

What a surprise to find Bosk posting on anything Sydney related.

Bosk actually posted something positive in our Buddy thread once, we were all shocked!

lol Tippo getting a lot of flak for his first tweet in 2 years.

Kurt TippettVerified account ‏@KurtTippett8 Love the sight of my fridge stocked up with Meko 100% Pure Coconut Water. Thanks Meko Australia

Paul ‏@Best_Human_Ever 37m
. @KurtTippett8 surprised you're not promoting some kind of Cola.
Gotta expect that I suppose. That Crows fan would have been sitting online clicking refresh on his Tippett search for the past few years just hoping to get in with a quick "witty" remark. To be fair, if I was a Crows supporter, that would be pretty funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...992776972?sv=d016da43760b6030790a7cdcb7fc6396

Sigh...Now Patrick Smith is sayinh Heeney is the number 1 draft pick. Rest of the article is fair and if he didn't inflate Heeney to number 1 it would not have been awful in the premise.

"Essentially, it is about Sydney’s opportunity to pick up perhaps the best young player in the land because he is part of the club’s youth academy, which grooms the best young talent it can find in NSW.

The young man’s name is Isaac Heeney and, because he is an academy player, all clubs get to bid on him using their draft picks. Because he is Sydney’s academy player, the club gets to match whatever is the best offer.

If Sydney continues its domination of the competition and wins the flag then its best draft pick will be a first-round choice at 18. And with that Sydney can match any first-round draft bid by their rivals, effectively securing the No 1 draft at pick 18 in the draft. That’s a red-spot special."

Read it all before making rash judgement. The story with the correct facts of Henney's draft position would be a lot better.

The hypothetical is right. But the number 1 spot now? Does this elevation in his draft position ring true to anyone else.

I honestly don't know. If he is then fine. Pay value. But if he's nowhere near that what is going on in the media?

Patrick Smith now has Heeney #1

I look forward to Dermie declaring him #-1 shortly

And King explaining how he knows nothing about the Academy system, but in his opinion Heeney is so good, he is too precious to ever be allowed to play the game. Put him in the AFL Hall of Fame museum in a glass box and all in the AR world can come and make sacrificial offerings in his honour in return for his blessings.

I mean fufuxsake. :p

I believe its true, he is not happy with what is offered. So how old is he now , 30, if he wants out trade him and a young player for Frawley. Its like Roos and Lyon dealing Dumpster and Schnides
depends who the young player is
melbourne would most likely get band 1 compo for frawley via FA
Mal and lets say membrey would not be that great for them

i guess if they want him, they could trade for him

EDIT: also how do we afford frawley, you would think a HBF wouldnt get much more than 400k, how would we afford frawley, who would most likey be priced at 550-600k

Last edited:
I believe its true, he is not happy with what is offered. So how old is he now , 30, if he wants out trade him and a young player for Frawley. Its like Roos and Lyon dealing Dumpster and Schnides

That would be the best boys club deal ever. This site would go nuts.

If Eskimo really ends up leaving Frawley would be more than adequate compensation.

Sad to hear that Bedders.

But Frawley is an unrestricted free agent. We don't need to trade for him. But it would be nice to have a joint media conference with Roos and Longmire shaking hands excited at the win/win of an acceptable arrangement palatable to both clubs.

Bugger if Mal leaves, though. A bit of a favourite in my book. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back