Roast Sydney Swans Attacking Collingwood Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Sydney's and Goodes' prerogative to choose when they honour him. By buying into the indignation, all you are doing is reinforcing the stereotype they want you to perpetuate. And Sydney like to play the Collingwood hate card to suit their ends. I don't believe in booing because i can't think of a more inane way to express myself, but thats my choice. If you feel you have to boo someone, like they did a 1920's vaudeville show, then good luck to you I suppose.

I don't have an issue with him calling out that girl for what she said because I believe at even her young age, you know that calling someone an ape is meant to insult and as far as I'm concerned, if you insult, then expect something to come back at you. I also don't believe at the time he knew she was as young as she was and aside from that, who was telling her to pull her head in?

As for all the other stuff he gets booed for............... If they are the most offensive 'boo' inducing things you've ever encountered in your life, then you probably haven't left your bloody lounge room. You have a bloke who is proud of his aboriginality, good on him. You've had footballers on the field make signs to align themselves with prisoners, you've had blokes deliberately try and knock people out, you've had people who deliberately cheat, but some are so readily offended by Goodes expressing himself??? Really???

As for the media's role in all the booing, they kept moralising about it, they kept feeding the fires of discontent. If they had shut up, I'd say it would have naturally abated and then those left continuing it could be more readily identified as possibly being racist. But they kept pushing their morality agenda and that kept inflaming the sheep who wanted to join in because they haven't got the sense to think for themselves.

He was a pretty good footballer and he had the courage of his convictions and that's what I care to remember about him.
Good post. I really don't understand why so many hate him, all he has done is be a proud ambassador for Aboriginal people.

I would, however, say that two brownlow medals, two premiership medallions, three best & fairests, 3x leading goalkicker and 4x All Australian make him more than a pretty good footballer.

Good post. I really don't understand why so many hate him, all he has done is be a proud ambassador for Aboriginal people.

I would, however, say that two brownlow medals, two premiership medallions, three best & fairests, 3x leading goalkicker and 4x All Australian make him more than a pretty good footballer.
I've seen better, but I'm not one to elevate too many to star status. I think I've seen about a dozen stars in the 50 years I've been watching.

I dunno what the truth is.

What I will say is the people who desperately support Goodes and look to elevate his status as Australia's version of MLK through 'confrontational home-truths', have only succeeded in creating a small island for him.

Yeah, it must be his fault. If he wasn't such an uppity n*gger...

Any chance it's to boost crowd numbers ??

Round 1 will be a big crowd, no matter what or Round 3 against a start up club with very few members ?

Didn't Maxy, Leon & Bucks to name a few, do their farewell laps midway through the season ? Bucks did his against carlton, FFS.

Classic media beat-up over something that has little to do with the reason it's not round 1. Have we ever farewelled a player at Etihad ?

Well Media is making him look like the King of the World and Making Non-Swans Fans look like Scum

The story is a media beat up designed to stir the pot. They chose the round 3 game because it is against their local rival and is at the SCG. Goodes was a club champion and is well deserving of a decent send off. Nothing to do with Collingwood.

Lap of honour for Goodes at Anz stadium in round 1...

Or lap of honour at SCG in round 3.

Thats all it is.

Then why say the Reason is because to get away from Collingwood Fans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The story is a media beat up designed to stir the pot. They chose the round 3 game because it is against their local rival and is at the SCG. Goodes was a club champion and is well deserving of a decent send off. Nothing to do with Collingwood.
That's what I implied - thanks for articulating it so well JM!

Then why say the Reason is because to get away from Collingwood Fans?

Because its the herald sun.

Sydney football manager said its cause of scg Ambassador... and Goodes deserves a full scg for his lap of honour.

Don't believe everything you read in the herald sun...

In your words... take it with a grain of salt.

When someone is under attack or they're somehow being questioned on their ability it says a lot bout their character in the way they respond.

I'm no fan of grown men ha ing a boo hoo sook over such things. I think Swan's belly rub was a great "GGF!" moment and the fact he didn't even have to open his trap makes it all the more golden.

The whole Goodes thing really didn't work on me. Sorry to those who saw it as a legitimate manner of complaint. In my opinion it was just weak theatre from someone who thinks he's bigger and somehow more important than your average person.

Because its the herald sun.

Sydney football manager said its cause of scg Ambassador... and Goodes deserves a full scg for his lap of honour.

Don't believe everything you read in the herald sun...

In your words... take it with a grain of salt.

Well then that shows how Pathetic the Media is and they see Collingwood Bad News is more Sales and Clicks

But been a Knob the last few years though

How? What exactly has he done that makes you see him as a knob? Was it calling out a girl in the crowd who used an entirely racially offensive comment towards him? I remember being asked by someone how I would feel if that was my daughter. My response is that I would be disgusted in her, and I would be disgusted in myself that someone I have raised would behave so appallingly. So what else is there? The decision of someone else to make him Australian of the Year? His focusing attention on the plight of indigenous Australians? How is that being a knob?

There are times when I am extremely uncomfortable being a Collingwood supporter, and whenever a discussion of Adam Goodes occurs is one of them.

And am I imagining this, or did someone compare Goodes reaction to being booed week after week to how brave Dane Swan responded to being called fat in a newspaper article? FFS that is pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back