Sydney vs St.Kilda S.C.G 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This is still kind of true.

Buddy's last 11 weeks:

17.55 disposals per game, 6.18 marks per game, 4.27 goals per game, 113.45 Champion Data Player Ranking Score average

Safe to say he's playing as well as, or better, than ever.

We're marvellously happy at Hawthorn. Bud kicks 9 in an AFL (created) mismatch, maybe next week you might get it a little harder. But the league is almost two divisions now days.

Geelong win...Hawks melt.
Swans win...Hawks melt.
Hawks win flag...Hawks melt.

Buddy's last 11 weeks:

17.55 disposals per game, 6.18 marks per game, 4.27 goals per game, 113.45 Champion Data Player Ranking Score average

Safe to say he's playing as well as, or better, than ever.

Probably missed a bit of irony there. Don't worry, I know he is going alright. He is still a freak of a half forward flanker, playing as good as he ever has, probably not 2008/2011/2012 good, but not far off. I'm still a fan.

We're marvellously happy at Hawthorn. Bud kicks 9 in an AFL (created) mismatch, maybe next week you might get it a little harder. But the league is almost two divisions now days.
you go on this tirade in every single Swans thread; just stfu already

Probably missed a bit of irony there. Don't worry, I know he is going alright. He is still a freak of a half forward flanker, playing as good as he ever has, probably not 2008/2011/2012 good, but not far off. I'm still a fan.

What's he not doing at the moment to be 2008/2011/2012 good?

Your a rude little boy.
PS I do give the Swans a kicking because they are a made up bundle and they stole a top player, and I don't like the way they make the game look ugly. Also I,m allowed my opinion as much as you , enjoy your easy win, and I'll be rubbishing Sydney same time, same station, in a town near you.

PS I do give the Swans a kicking because they are a made up bundle and they stole a top player, and I don't like the way they make the game look ugly. Also I,m allowed my opinion as much as you , enjoy your easy win, and I'll be rubbishing Sydney same time, same station, in a town near you.
we all know your opinion. we hear it every week; its become your mantra. we dont need anymore reitteration. just plz for the love of god stfu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess you hated all your premierships from the 70's-80's when your team was "made up" from zone selections. Just as artificial as you seem to believe it is these days.

we all know your opinion. we hear it every week; its become your mantra. we dont need anymore reitteration. just plz for the love of god stfu

I keep saying this, but I doubt you will ever have the privilege of understanding the feeling of being beaten in a GF and having your best player in 15 years walk out of the club to the team that beat you and then watch that team sail away to probably beat your team again in a GF/

He was singlehandedly dragging Hawthorn across the line just about every match. We won by whatever Franklin kicked.

Buddy kicked 58 points today, Swans won by 61...

Any wanky way you slice it, Buddy is playing as well as ever. Not sure why people are so reluctant to admit it.

Buddy kicked 58 points today, Swans won by 61...

Any wanky way you slice it, Buddy is playing as well as ever. Not sure why people are so reluctant to admit it.

It's true, he is playing as good as he has, but I think he is in a better team now. Our side is more reliant of structures, at Sydney he is a free bird. Even if Franklin goes down, Sydney are still likely to win the flag. If we had lost Franklin we wouldn't have come close in those years I mentioned. Imagine if he had not played in the 2011 prelim.

It's true, he is playing as good as he has, but I think he is in a better team now. Our side is more reliant of structures, at Sydney he is a free bird. Even if Franklin goes down, Sydney are still likely to win the flag. If we had lost Franklin we wouldn't have come close in those years I mentioned. Imagine if he had not played in the 2011 prelim.

I find this post really interesting. I'm not trolling, are you saying you think Sydney have a more talented side so structure isn't as important? I feel it is the opposite. Hawthorn are less 'coached' (for lack of a better word) than Sydney because they had more talent IMO. Might be different now with Tippett and Buddy - or is that the difference in your opinion.

FWIW, the discussion about whether Buddy is better for Sydney than he was for Hawthorn is kind of puerile. He was a great player for Hawthorn and I thought it nice that that was acknowledged in the Swans banner today. Furthermore, a dual premiership player is kind of a big deal, especially to Bloods given we have only 4 of them.

He's been great for us, so far, and I hope it continues. But to undersell his value to Hawthorn is ridiculous. About 180 outstanding games.

I find this post really interesting. I'm not trolling, are you saying you think Sydney have a more talented side so structure isn't as important? I feel it is the opposite. Hawthorn are less 'coached' (for lack of a better word) than Sydney because they had more talent IMO. Might be different now with Tippett and Buddy - or is that the difference in your opinion.

We are Clarkson's Hawthorn at the moment. We are all about structures, half of our list were spuds at other clubs, but play roles very well (Think of the Spangher). Kennedy, Hannebury, Jack et al. are so good in the midfield and would be at any club. Our Mids are good, but would not be as good at another club. Savage is a good example, he has been pretty ordinary at StKilda, and was better at Hawthorn because he played a role well.

In the 2011 prelim we had no Roughhead, that is our big killer , NO ROUGHHEAD, yes Buddy was extroardinarilly valuable sometimes to take opposition players out of the game as they minded him. Roughy is more value. Lance played in 2012 , we lost the flag.He played in 2013 we beat Freo , we would have anyway.
Lance is not reliable kicking for goal. But he takes opponents away sometimes more than one.
Sydney are a great side , good without Buddy and good with him. Hawthorn are very very dangerous and Sydney will never take them lightly, they are always there in a crunch, someone is always there when anopther is in strife, its like they look after each others man as well as their own.

I wouldn't be giving Syders the cup yet mate. And as much as we loved the BUD we don't need him.

We are Clarkson's Hawthorn at the moment. We are all about structures, half of our list were spuds at other clubs, but play roles very well (Think of the Spangher). Kennedy, Hannebury, Jack et al. are so good in the midfield and would be at any club. Our Mids are good, but would not be as good at another club. Savage is a good example, he has been pretty ordinary at StKilda, and was better at Hawthorn because he played a role well.

:eek:

FWIW, the discussion about whether Buddy is better for Sydney than he was for Hawthorn is kind of puerile. He was a great player for Hawthorn and I thought it nice that that was acknowledged in the Swans banner today. Furthermore, a dual premiership player is kind of a big deal, especially to Bloods given we have only 4 of them.

He's been great for us, so far, and I hope it continues. But to undersell his value to Hawthorn is ridiculous. About 180 outstanding games.
We never undersell him, but he wasn't the be all and end all of Hawthorn. He had some long injury periods out of the game too. We actually covered him more easily than we do Roughhead. Roughy is our home base , he is our key and I reckon the last three years or so he always has been , not Buddy. But Buddy is a freak and can save a game buy himself. But not all the time and his kicking could be better. But he's got time and working on his kicking now, he may be more dangerous to opposition teams than he ever was. Good luck personally I think we will see you in the last game. We owe you, but the best team will win , and in GF's the super freaks ??? well there are generally 36 of them on the ground at one time and four others waiting waiting waiting, and no holds barred.
Good on you mate good luck.
ps I am a cranky old buggar sometimes, but just between you and me , every time that panther (please take no offence folks its a compliment ,look at him move) moves up the ground we all, especially Hawks and now you folks at the Swans get to see magic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back