Autopsy AFL 2023 First Elimination Final - Carlton v Sydney Fri Sept 8th 7:50pm EST MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that proves anything. If I stand in a certain spot in Paris I can look taller than the Eiffel Tower. All that image shows for sure is that the Carlton players hand is between the camera and the ball.
Except that little indent where the finger is, but I'll let you off considering your eyesight wouldn't be as it was back in the 1910's.

Swans kick straight they win by 3-4 goals. That simple. Only have ourselves to blame even after that atrocious 2nd qtr. They are not a bad side Carlton but they have 2 huge problems.

The worst footballer ever to win a Coleman Medal.
Imbecilic supporters who think they are beating Collingwood, Melbourne or Brisbane for a Flag this year. Same supporters who wanted to burn the joint down. Snapper where r u ????

You lost, it's ok.

You will get even more academy players in the totally fair system.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Swans didn't deserve to qualify for that final in the first place.
You lost, it's ok.

You will get even more academy players in the totally fair system.

Tomorrow is a new day.
Let alone the 4 goals we gifted

If if if if if if ….
Swans kick straight they win by 3-4 goals. That simple. Only have ourselves to blame even after that atrocious 2nd qtr. They are not a bad side Carlton but they have 2 huge problems.

Imbecilic supporters who think they are beating Collingwood, Melbourne or Brisbane for a Flag this year. Same supporters who wanted to burn the joint down. Snapper where r u ????
Anything about the the 4 goals we gifted Mr SALTY?

If if if if if if ….

See you next year :)

If me uncle had t.ts

The gap between errol and daicos isn't as big as what people seem to think. He's getting close to being a top 5 player in the league

He is a genuinely scary player. Would already have him in the top 20 and won't be surprised if he wins the Brownlow next year.

Also, I cried of happiness at the final siren. Felt all the emotions. 10 years is a long time.

Let alone the 4 goals we gifted

If if if if if if ….

Anything about the the 4 goals we gifted Mr SALTY?

If if if if if if ….

See you next year :)
Pretty chirpy suddenly. I guess you should enjoy it while it lasts. First time playing finals since 2013.

Home ground umpiring won't help you next week.

Then back down to mediocrity in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Carlton have been saying their prayers, eating their vitamins and drinking their milk. They also have the eye of the tiger. And they also beat Melbourne this season. All signs point to a thumping Carlton win. Also it is the will of the people, you heard 90,000+ neutrals cheering for Carlton at the G tonight!

I don't see who will kick those 5 goals for Melbourne with their non existent forward line. Are they going to throw Lever or May down there ? :p
Lyon is back apparently

This might just be the goat finals series. Games are so close, hard to see how any side will put away the rest. These first two games have been gripping stuff, hats off to all four sides, could've gone either way really. A special September this one, neutrals gonna dine out! Even if all the games turn out like this and it lacks variety, I'd be thrilled.

I would take him over nearly every other player in the competition. Accumulates well, spreads well, uses the ball sensationally and reliable overhead, in the contest and defensively. Literally nothing not to like.
Fantastic player. Doesn’t always run defensively though. Go back and watch one of the Blues early goals where I thinks it’s Cordell just ran straight past him… ended up being a goal.

We just lost a game because of hometown umpiring and I'm here laughing at how you all think you're world beaters again. All things considered I think I'm handling it better than I expected.
You are handling it like a 10 year old sook. Nothing better than a small Swannies loss to lift the entertainment value on here. Go the Bloods in 2024.

Gulden was the clear standout tonight.
Absolutely looked a class above.

That guy will win a Brownlow medal one day if he remains healthy.
23 disposals, 2 goals and probably should have had another in the final 10 minutes too.
Would it be exaggerating to call that one of the great finals performances in a losing side? He was everywhere in that second half and his teammates knew to give it to him because he was just on another level in terms of skill, decison-making and execution. He is so, so special.

We just lost a game because of hometown umpiring and I'm here laughing at how you all think you're world beaters again. All things considered I think I'm handling it better than I expected.
Last q. was an utter travesty of ridiculous and wrong ump calls your way.
Ask anyone! Except you.
Oh, and go get some grace. And a small serve of manners on the side.
You threw everything at us.
We won fair and square.
That's it.
We beat you.
Most Swannie fans are a decent bunch. You are bringing them down with you.

Last edited:
Back