Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Compared to last time they played, Elliott is back for the Pies and he averages about 2 goals a game against Melbourne.

Other ins include De Goey, Sidebottom, McStay etc. Strengthens the team even more when Melbourne were only missing Oliver.

So I'd have to say Collingwood. It will be a good game regardless.

Last edited:
This game being on Thursday night is criminal by the AFL
I know. Why not Friday night? Thursday nights are for Elim finals, traditionally, no?

The AFL love looking after the Blues gifting them a Friday night game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have little chance

Collingwood too strong all over the ground. Not even Ben Brown could save Melbourne from losing by 50 points.

I still think the loss of Petty is going to come back to bite us. He's a hell of a player and his injury really changes our entire structure. I think the pies might get this one.

I still think the loss of Petty is going to come back to bite us. He's a hell of a player and his injury really changes our entire structure. I think the pies might get this one.
I don't get the fapping over Petty as a forward. He only played there for a couple of weeks before he was out and you've won several games since, so he hasn't really been missed. Fritsch was back today and he's probably your best forward, he won the game today, won the GF, big game performer.
Plus you have JVR, Pickett, Trac, Smith, Gawn resting forward, TMac (5 goals today), Schache, Spargo, Grundy.... as well as Brown and Melksham if they weren't injured.
Absolutely spoilt for choice up forward like no other team in the comp.

Dees by 20 points.

Compared to last time they played, Elliott is back for the Pies and he averages about 2 goals a game against Melbourne.

Other ins include De Goey, Sidebottom, McStay etc. Strengthens the team even more when Melbourne were only missing Oliver.

So I'd have to say Collingwood. It will be a good game regardless.
But last time Pies had Daicos who is missing, and is Moore confirmed to be back?

Because Moore and Daicos out are massive. Dees might be missing Fritsch from their line up and he scored 3 against the Pies.

I don't get the fapping over Petty as a forward. He only played there for a couple of weeks before he was out and you've won several games since, so he hasn't really been missed. Fritsch was back today and he's probably your best forward, he won the game today, won the GF, big game performer.
Plus you have JVR, Pickett, Trac, Smith, Gawn resting forward, TMac (5 goals today), Schache, Spargo, Grundy.... as well as Brown and Melksham if they weren't injured.
Absolutely spoilt for choice up forward like no other team in the comp.

Dees by 20 points.
TMac is a spud, Grundy is a spud, Schache is a spud, Brown is worse than a spud. just naming players doesn't mean that they're good. The fact that those players you listed are so bad is the exact reason why the Petty lose was huge.

You're right, Petty only played forward for a few weeks before he was injured. But he showed a lot in those weeks.

Last edited:
Back