Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You should be grateful your 7yo is into footy. For a sporting family/dad, my 7yo cannot stand sports or footy let alone even doing kick to kick with his old man ☹️
Oh man that's no good. My first boy went that way. Won't go near a footy. It's truly heartbreaking.

So suplexing is cool?

Good name you've got.
What were his other options after the Collingwood player drove head first into him? Suplex means nothing to me, I don't know wrestling, just looks like a tackle with Mayocek's forward momentum contributing to the position the two players ended up in more than anything the tackler did.

You should be grateful your 7yo is into footy. For a sporting family/dad, my 7yo cannot stand sports or footy let alone even doing kick to kick with his old man ☹️

It’s still not too late. I think I was in high school when I really starting being interested in footy and after high school just got real passionate about tennis. 🤣

What were his other options after the Collingwood player drove head first into him? Suplex means nothing to me, I don't know wrestling, just looks like a tackle with Mayocek's forward momentum contributing to the position the two players ended up in more than anything the tackler did.
At first I thought it was a suplex but the sim of a duplex is to drive the head / neck into the ground.

When you saw the replay it was the reverse - he smaller his feet / legs into the ground.

Nothing to see here - move on.

When you flick through the replay, DeGoey👀
GWS up there with Melbourne and co. in the midfield, and (apart from the one in the final.quarter that should have been holding the ball), he just brushed them all aside time and time again.
And going the other way, Kelly was not just class and skill as expected, he worked his arse off and ran himself.into the ground.👍

Agree with this.
At first blush, you wanted to take another look, but the tackler didn't contribute much to it, just the way they ended up with momentum.

I'm getting sick and tired of Pendles, Daicos and Mihocek lunging forward into other player and throwing the head back, or even holding their head to milk a free when their head wasn't even touched. It's a bad look for the game. Thankfully the umps didn't fall for it. But Fly chose not to coach it out of Ginnivan and he's becoming the Selwood of coaches imo.

I'm getting sick and tired of Pendles, Daicos and Mihocek lunging forward into other player and throwing the head back, or even holding their head to milk a free when their head wasn't even touched. It's a bad look for the game. Thankfully the umps didn't fall for it. But Fly chose not to coach it out of Ginnivan and he's becoming the Selwood of coaches imo.

L take. L opinion.

So watching the replay, it was two similar teams butting heads. Talk about impasse.

What is certain for next week, whoever the opponent is, they're going to have to face immense pressure, maybe something they have never experienced to this point.

Really got no idea how next week pans out.

Hyperbole much?

Its ok enjoy your win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the thread to whinge about every single umpiring decision?

How about in the last quarter, 9:10 on the clock, Darcy Cameron wins a free kick 80m from our goal. Ginnivan picks up the ball and just pumps it forward inside our 50 without looking. The umpire plays advantage and then instantly pings him for "insufficient intent".
So let me get the umpires logic right: the umpire thought Ginnivan deliberate chose to take the advantage from a free kick to try and get the ball out of bounds rather than just letting Cameron kick the ball inside 50? Makes sense.

Can you find any commentary here about Moore having his head ripped off and ump calling ball up?

How about the soft 50 that resulted in a Lloyd goal in the last?
Moore actually didn't even hit his head. He was trying to milk a free. If anything he could've been done for staging. We could be talking about different plays though.

I think the Green missed call was just so bad that it almost gave an insight into what the umps were looking for. It was just that bad that its hard to defend.

Greene aside they seem a fair and honourable side.

Back when Mumford was playing they were vicious, I recall Grundy getting slapped and punched in the face at centre bounces.

Have to say Kingsley coaches an honest hard team.
Rucking is a hard caper. Why you don’t play up and coming KPFs there.

Back