Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a bad feeling about Murphy getting concussion. I may be imagining it and a close review of the early part of the game may show up a few ‘little’ seemingly ‘innocuous’ brushes in Q1 & Q2 - maybe just imagining it.
That was my thought when he looked emotional on the bench too after Rayner tunneled him. He’s very susceptible to them. There’s always the worry he’s one bad knock away from a longer term one too.

It's more about finally playing in a meaningful game, and hopefully having close to our best 22 available going at the intensity we know they can.
Understand and Port have been down on form for a while so know where you’re heading. But I don’t buy the meaningful game bit, and there aren't many teams at full strength at this stage of the year.

What do you mean the heat wasn't on? It was a high pressure semi final and both teams were giving it their absolute all. Ridiculous comment.
No, Brisbane won’t win at the G in a big final because they are not from Victoria.
And they won’t win a GF because they are not from Victoria AND they are playing at the G when there is no HGA to Victorian teams at all, remember?
Learn your place.

Melbourne didn’t turn up after half time, but yeah the heat was on the whole game 🤡🤡
Fancy not turning up after half time in a semi final against a team who ‘can’t’ win at the G. What a bunch of weak minded flops which very much suits the whole demeanour of that footy club. God I wish Melbourne would go back to being s**t, did not know they had supporters and more importantly did not have to listen to any of them.

It’s just such a daunting thing to overcome. I can’t believe a team that has lost 2 of their last 4 H&A games have never won a flag that year.

I’m pulling up stumps, it’s game over for the Magpies now. There’s literally no point even playing Essendon next week.
Your humour masks your fear.
It's obviously not the end of the world and they can easily turn things around, but it's not ideal form this close to finals.
Recent history just happens to back that up. Doesn't make anything a certainty.

Lions are going to have to fail pretty hard to not make the Grand final now. But it could be one of the most one sided grand finals in history. When the heat is on against a good side at the G they are cactus.

Cacti are some of the most durable and versatile plants on Earth. Thank you for your support Fitzey.

It’s just such a daunting thing to overcome. I can’t believe a team that has lost 2 of their last 4 H&A games have never won a flag that year.

I’m pulling up stumps, it’s game over for the Magpies now. There’s literally no point even playing Essendon next week.

Pies supporters are such a fickle bunch

Fancy not turning up after half time in a semi final against a team who ‘can’t’ win at the G. What a bunch of weak minded flops which very much suits the whole demeanour of that footy club. God I wish Melbourne would go back to being s**t, did not know they had supporters and more importantly did not have to listen to any of them.
I believe the dees were told not to turn up after half time, to make sure the lions broke the curse. I may be wrong but I very rarely am. Anyway good luck for the rest of the year. The AFL has got partially what they want, a lions stroll to the grand final. Will they do it? Time will tell!!

Carlton v WB would be a hell of an elim final in my opinion.

Nah, on current form and how we’re playing we’d be lucky to scrape in. We’d be witches hats for any team in September

I believe the dees were told not to turn up after half time, to make sure the lions broke the curse. I may be wrong but I very rarely am. Anyway good luck for the rest of the year. The AFL has got partially what they want, a lions stroll to the grand final. Will they do it? Time will tell!!
Yeah of course they want an interstate side with such a massive supporter base to make it🙄 must have been the thinking when they gave us one of the hardest fixtures as well. Here I was thinking we had beaten a heap of teams to finish top 4, if I knew the AFL were just going give it too us have to wonder why we bothered with the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah of course they want an interstate side with such a massive supporter base to make it🙄 must have been the thinking when they gave us one of the hardest fixtures as well. Here I was thinking we had beaten a heap of teams to finish top 4, if I knew the AFL were just going give it too us have to wonder why we bothered with the season.
And to think the Lions might get to play two finals at home if they win next week. Stupid favouritism from those sexy flogs at AFL house.

We can, when it matters, or do you not remember?
I’d say taking winning form from the last two game into the finals kinda matters, but sure. We are waiting with bated breath.

Believe it or not, if we don’t win I want the pies to. This isn’t coming from a collingwood hate perspective.

Wow, great game Brisbane, I have to admit that I thought you lot were just making up the numbers this year but I've been proven wrong. Genuine chance this year and arguably premiership favourite

F32MKP0XUAAgDtA

Maybe you should. Look at the concern on Fly's face in that picture looking at those numbers.

I’d say taking winning form from the last two game into the finals kinda matters, but sure. We are waiting with bated breath.

Believe it or not, if we don’t win I want the pies to. This isn’t coming from a collingwood hate perspective.
I would rather lose a couple of games leading into finals, secure a top two berth and have a healthier list, than go hell for leather in meaningless games, get more injuries, just to appease the media and commentators.

At the start of the year, I would have taken top two and I will still take it.

In two weeks, a new season starts and it is called finals.
So called "form" means not alot when that starts. Fit players are your friend at this time, not perceived form.
At the end of the day, whatever happens, happens.
I have faith in Fly and the team, so what will be, will be.
I will just enjoy the ride whilst it lasts, as there will be ten teams next week, who would like to be where we are, with our poor form.

Collingwood’s best isn’t better than anyone else. Not at all. Their game plan looked electrifying earlier this year before teams worked it out. It wasn’t dissimilar to Melbourne’s game plan in 2018, which looked brilliant, but was always doomed to eventually fail. Not saying they can’t win it if they return to their form from three months ago miraculously overnight, but there is little separating the top 5 teams. I’d actually say the Lions, Demons and Blues best is the best.
I think each teams best (top 4) will stack up against each other, on any given day.
However, an observation of mine over a number of years and particularly watching the Tigers ……… it’s hard to win min 3 and max 4 on the trot to raise the cup without having a circuit breaker (star) to get you over the line in at least one if not two of those games.
The question for me isn’t that the top 4 teams dont have anyone, but who will be fit, willing and able to drag their team over the line in a game or two to get to a GF, including winning one.

Oh wow this one takes the cake. Is that you Danster?

Trump-level conspiracy lol, that made me choke on my coffee ☕ 🤣

Back