Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Prepared for all the “MCG” and Collingwood injuries talk this week rather than just a pat on the back for a good showing tonight.

Thought the Pies played well considering their outs. Lions just needed the game more.
Thats all we will cop too from the footy shows. It will all be about who was out and where it was played.

Glad the boys got the job done. Now they can rest after 3 6 day turn arounds.

Well, I have just put $50 on Sportsbet for the Blues to win it from 5th. I think that my mob -,the Pies - will go out in straight sets. In fact, I would not be surprised at all if they lost to Essendon at the MCG next Friday night. Goodnight & good luck.
Probably better off donating to charity.

Thats all we will cop too from the footy shows. It will all be about who was out and where it was played.

Glad the boys got the job done. Now they can rest after 3 6 day turn arounds.
At the end of the day it was must not lose for Brisbane but a win still announced their contendership.

This is not a strong top 4. Two home finals is a huge reward. This win should move them into 2nd favourites as Melbourne still have a chance of an away QF.

At the end of the day it was must not lose for Brisbane but a win still announced their contendership.

This is not a strong top 4. Two home finals is a huge reward. This win should move them into 2nd favourites as Melbourne still have a chance of an away QF.
Truthfully as well, we're well past getting talked up for good H&A performances.

Our era started during the prime Richmond & Geelong years, they've both gone/going to the rebuild now after winning flags and we're now trying to snag our own flag before the cliff creeps up.

If we finish with two home finals, must make the GF at minimum.

Finally we actually step up in an important game.
Pies looked off and had players out but I think part of it was due to our good pressure.
Great kicking for goal by us was the difference.
I agree with the consensus that we look better without Gunston.
Pies will be a completely different team in Finals.

Result sets us up well but won't read too much into the performances (of either team).

Great kicking for goal made us look more dominant than we were. Pies injuries and less on the line. Training run for them, biggest game of the year for us.

Dixon said himself it after the football on Fox the only time Lions will be commended is in finals which I thought was a strange comment

Dixon said himself it after the football on Fox the only time Lions will be commended is in finals which I thought was a strange comment
It's one of those stigmas, similar to what Geelong had for a number of years leading into 2022. Being about the 3rd or 4th best side for a number of years gives you a "choker" tag.

I realise the Lions have had some poor finals exits - a couple as favourites - but there's nothing to say they can't build on last years improved finals showings. Similar to how Geelong built off 2020's progress in 2022.

Home finals were absolutely necessary though. They're a red hot chance now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tremendous display by the Lions.
Pies unfortunate to cop injuries to their best players at this time of year.

Still racked up 100 points so not over yet.

A very winnable game against the Bombers to provide some momentum in finals.

Lions looked very impressive amd now have shortened for the flag IF they bring that game to the G.

They will have some home finals at the Gabba which will be very winnable at their fortress,the test will be the MCG.

Aah,good ole footy.

Lions are going to have to fail pretty hard to not make the Grand final now. But it could be one of the most one sided grand finals in history. When the heat is on against a good side at the G they are cactus.

Lions are going to have to fail pretty hard to not make the Grand final now. But it could be one of the most one sided grand finals in history. When the heat is on against a good side at the G they are cactus.
That's ironic considering we knocked off your mob there when the heat was on in last years final series.

I had a bad feeling about Murphy getting concussion. I may be imagining it and a close review of the early part of the game may show up a few ‘little’ seemingly ‘innocuous’ brushes in Q1 & Q2 - maybe just imagining it.

Back