Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So suplexing is cool?

Good name you've got.
“Neutral” supporters: Daicos should be suspended for his tackle on Daniels!

Also “neutral” supporters: That suplex on Mihocek was totally safe, play on!

If.they get.omto an AFL list.with no opposite foot, It's pretty much too late. They'd probably be able to develop it enough to get themselves out of trouble but not much else.

You need to start when you're 6-8 years old.
My boy can flush a drop punt on both at 7. We do spend some time on it though and he isn't overly accurate and he cant kick on his non preffered on the run yet. But gets it spinning backwards off the boot most times.

Yeah, it was our own side that lost.

You lot aren’t even involved and acting like Collingwood and the AFL have some under the table agreement 😂

If the umpiring was so bad, find me one Giants poster whinging about it post game like these so called ‘neutrals’.

I love the salt on BF, it’s beautiful.

Well I have an excuse, didn’t you hear about the merger yesterday;)

Attachments

• ECFF8B7F-B904-4F01-89C2-53E04D866114.jpeg
    ECFF8B7F-B904-4F01-89C2-53E04D866114.jpeg
    805.5 KB · Views: 51
Was the contact unreasonable? Mihocek burrowed his head into Lloyd and Lloyd just went with Mihocek's momentum. Not really sure what Lloyd is otherwise supposed to do there.

Mihocek's head was always cushioned by Lloyd's body so I'm not sure how you could call that a dangerous tackle. Would have been more dangerous if he had gone against Mihocek's momentum if anything.

You're one of the most bitter people on Bigfooty, dear me.

There's being a lot of positive posts in this thread about the game, the players and the occasion.

Just a useless poster.
Waaaaah

People wanna troll Collingwood and I wanna defend Collingwood.

If that’s called being a bitter, useless poster, then so be it.

If you had half the passion I do for my footy club, your mob might be a little bit more relevant.

I guess I am what you guys might call a ‘feral Collingwood supporter’. Ow well, I wear it as a badge of honour.

Oh for sure I get your confidence. It's certainly not misplaced. Been the best team all year.
Equal best.

Although losing to the Lions next week would hurt, it wouldn’t be a choke. Lions would be worthy premiers and have been equally as good as Collingwood in 2023.

Well done to both teams - great game of footy to watch and just shows that H&A finishing position doesn't say much about the difference between teams in finals. I thought that the GWS was one genuine tall marking target in the forward line 'short' of a win - the ex Collingwood player was a useless lug for them up there and cost them an easy goal. In fact GWS cost themselves a few goals through brain farts and misses - but Collingwood were abe to get over losing their best-marking target and close out the game. DeGoooey earned his pay cheque 4 sure as did the Cox- very important goal he kicked.
Over to you guys now. Do your jobs.

Pies just hold it in the last 5 mins of games. Obviously a tactic but something that the umpires need to get on top of. A few times there Collingwood players dragged it in and weren’t penalised.
They role the dice on the umpires not having the balls to pay a free in the dying minutes and they are usually correct.
So they played within the rules of the game to churn out a win?

You want the umps to officiate it different because Collingwood wins?

Aren’t you one of the supporters whinging that the AFL changed rules because Richmond was winning?

As a Collingwood supporter, you’ll disagree, but the AFL stuffed up the scheduling for this match this week.

The NRL had their prelim final schedule announced prior to Week 2 finals being decided. Penrith had Friday night, Brisbane Broncos Saturday night.

Not only did they give the Giants a 6-day break, but the AFL pitted their match directly against the Panthers, a club from the large region the Giants are attempting to reach. It’s already hard enough for the Giants to penetrate this region given this Penrith side are the most dominant team in the modern NRL era. Not many of them would’ve watched that Giants effort last night.

And Tonight, the Lions and Broncos matches will be overlapping too. An own goal from the AFL in promoting the game in these markets.

NRL have dropped the ball themselves though. Tonight’s match won’t begin in New Zealand until 10pm, limiting the potential for kids to watch the Wahs in their prelim.
I agree that more imagination is needed when scheduling finals involving teams from above the Barassi Line

People are actually capable of supporting both an AFL club and an NRL club, the idiots at the AFL can't get their heads around that

It's only hit me now how big this GF is going to be! I've been liking the pies all year and dont hate any of their players. Still wanted GWS to win but either way we get pies Brisbane or blues as premiers. That's pretty good for a neutral fan. Who isn't an Essendon or Richmond supporter.
So many good stories
Pies: Fly 2nd yr, JDG redemption, pendles and Steele hold on for another, cox, Jamie Elliot
Lions: fages, prelim losses, likeable players bar a couple. Neale, Charlie, danihers game
Blues: vossy redemption, Cripps lack of finals, Walsh, doc, unsung heroes. Does McKay stand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they played within the rules of the game to churn out a win?

You want the umps to officiate it different because Collingwood wins?

Aren’t you one of the supporters whinging that the AFL changed rules because Richmond was winning?
Yeah, there was some poor calls last night, but there wasn't really anything in the past few minutes that would have been officiated in any other game - regular season or finals - rightly or wrongly.

I agree with the person that made the point last night that bringing back third man up would eliminate a lot of that ugly congested football we'll see towards the end of tight matches. The Pies, to their credit, are just very good at shutting the game down in that situation.

Thought the umps were just too afraid to pay anything in the second half of the game and let it go a bit too much under the 'it's finals' mentality.. Was fine with Greene not getting a high tackle, bent his knees and leaned into it. The De Goey HTB and Green legged ones were the only truly terrible non-calls.

Waaaaah

People wanna troll Collingwood and I wanna defend Collingwood.

If that’s called being a bitter, useless poster, then so be it.

If you had half the passion I do for my footy club, your mob might be a little bit more relevant.

I guess I am what you guys might call a ‘feral Collingwood supporter’. Ow well, I wear it as a badge of honour.

No, no.

You made a Grand Final and you're here quickly having a whinge.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words and in your case, they're shouting.

Thought the umps were just too afraid to pay anything in the second half of the game and let it go a bit too much under the 'it's finals' mentality.. Was fine with Greene not getting a high tackle, bent his knees and leaned into it. The De Goey HTB and Green legged ones were the only truly terrible non-calls.
The JDG HTB was as much a free as the WHE HTB wasn’t. WHE actually got a foot to the ball before it hit the ground. How was that technically HTB against the Pies late in the last?

People here will only see the Collingwood frees/missed frees.

Ps, not you directly JD, just a general comment 👍🏼

No, no.

You made a Grand Final and you're here quickly having a whinge.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words and in your case, they're shouting.
You call what I’m doing as whinging? Go read the last 40 pages after the siren went 😂

Open the other eye buddy, your post is plain embarrassing.

Yeah, it was our own side that lost.

You lot aren’t even involved and acting like Collingwood and the AFL have some under the table agreement 😂

If the umpiring was so bad, find me one Giants poster whinging about it post game like these so called ‘neutrals’.

I love the salt on BF, it’s beautiful.
Umpiring was bad. Consistently in coll favour. Worth two points certainly

The JDG HTB was as much a free as the WHE HTB wasn’t. WHE actually got a foot to the ball before it hit the ground. How was that technically HTB against the Pies late in the last?

People here will only see the Collingwood frees/missed frees.

Ps, not you directly JD, just a general comment 👍🏼
I was more frustrated with the general commentary then the umpires. BT cannot be, like absolutely cannot be, allowed to commentate Collingwood matches. It's absurd to have him in there as the main caller.

Back