Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Like who?
Well probably the most recent example was Tallangatta in 2015? Now I have no problem in that they were doing everything completely within the rules at the time, but didn't their premiership team have what equated to 50+ points under the new system? Always preferred teams either having locals, or getting recruits that hang around for long enough to lessen their points. I take no notice or have no interest in innuendo about what clubs pay players.

How are Wahgunyah going to entice players next year? I admire the fight but all they’re good for is a percentage boost and a leg up in the goal kicking race.

How are Wahgunyah going to entice players next year? I admire the fight but all they’re good for is a percentage boost and a leg up in the goal kicking race.

I would imagine they are working tirelessly on the phones and contacting anyone and everyone with a connection to the club. I’d like to think they are working with the TDFL already to discuss how next season looks for them, because I don’t think another season like this one will help themselves or the league.
Does even a switch to the O&K help them?

Unfortunately I haven’t seen much footy this season, but it seems like a pretty even league currently.

Back to the salary cap & points system… does anyone know if Mitta for example (only using them because I know there is a Mitta player on this forum) are allowed to spend more on players either financially or player points to get players up the valley?
I mean surely if a player is travelling from Wodonga for Instance they could get a bigger pay packet, to cater for rising fuel?
I mean why should Wodonga saints and Thurgoona (In town clubs) have the same salary cap as Mitta?

Im assuming I’ll get the standard clubs don’t abide by the cap anyway but just for a talking point look past that

I would imagine they are working tirelessly on the phones and contacting anyone and everyone with a connection to the club. I’d like to think they are working with the TDFL already to discuss how next season looks for them, because I don’t think another season like this one will help themselves or the league.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen much footy this season, but it seems like a pretty even league currently.

Back to the salary cap & points system… does anyone know if Mitta for example (only using them because I know there is a Mitta player on this forum) are allowed to spend more on players either financially or player points to get players up the valley?
I mean surely if a player is travelling from Wodonga for Instance they could get a bigger pay packet, to cater for rising fuel?
I mean why should Wodonga saints and Thurgoona (In town clubs) have the same salary cap as Mitta?

Im assuming I’ll get the standard clubs don’t abide by the cap anyway but just for a talking point look past that
Good questions. I'm not sure if we can apply for more points due to location alone, I think it mainly is due to performance. Currently we're not even close to the points threshold so not relevant at the moment. Good to see most clubs are averaging around the 30 mark give or take. Rising fuel costs is looking like becoming a game changer though. Training + game day travelling probably pushing $100 a week now since most live in town. Can work around it with car-pooling etc. Again, don't think we'd be close to the salary cap at the moment (I say this with no idea of club finances), so probably not relevant at the moment either but can envisage in the future it will become a real sticking point.
There does need to be some nuance around points though. Some of them are just confusing.

Logically this would be ideal. Hopefully with Winky taking over he can do some work on it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The story of Brodie A’Vard finally out in the paper today, how’s he been doing at Wodonga saints? Would have thought they would have steered clear from that kind of person.

Huge win by Beechworth, it’s great to see how far they have come in 12months. Not sure if they can win it but I sure hope they go deep into finals.
Are Chiltern the real deal? Did they have players out?

I went to watch Kiewa v Thurgoona Saturday, was a cracking game. Both sides had a genuine crack and I thought for abit there the dogs were going to run over them.
Kiewa then flicked the switch would have kicked 8-9 goals in the last. Didn’t really reflect the game. But if kiewa play the way they did in the last quarter they’ll be hard to stop this season.

Word is Jarrod Hodgkin has signed to be at Mitta next season not sure as coach or just player?

Who is everyone’s tip for the top 5?
Kiewa
Beechworth
Chiltern
Barny
Yack

The story of Brodie A’Vard finally out in the paper today, how’s he been doing at Wodonga saints? Would have thought they would have steered clear from that kind of person.

Huge win by Beechworth, it’s great to see how far they have come in 12months. Not sure if they can win it but I sure hope they go deep into finals.
Are Chiltern the real deal? Did they have players out?

I went to watch Kiewa v Thurgoona Saturday, was a cracking game. Both sides had a genuine crack and I thought for abit there the dogs were going to run over them.
Kiewa then flicked the switch would have kicked 8-9 goals in the last. Didn’t really reflect the game. But if kiewa play the way they did in the last quarter they’ll be hard to stop this season.

Word is Jarrod Hodgkin has signed to be at Mitta next season not sure as coach or just player?

Who is everyone’s tip for the top 5?
Kiewa
Beechworth
Chiltern
Barny
Yack
Hodgkin rumoured to be taking a few with him as well.
Be interesting to see how Saints respond to the Avard situation.
Not sure with all the Good changes happening there it’s a situation they would want to be in

Saints we aware of the situation from the beginning so no shock to them or other clubs in the league. They went with A'Vard anyway.

Wahgunyah need to look at joining the O&K, they don’t have juniors and won’t be able to keep up with the standard in the TDFL, either this or they fold.

Should they bring back the coreen league? It would benefit all the clubs who were once affiliated

Does another league help or hinder the situation?
I get where your coming from, I’m just not sure it’s going to be sustainable going forward, I mean it’s already collapsed once.

What’s the go this season with Yack? Jeez they have been disappointing after how well they did last year.
Will Holmes go around again?

Interesting that no Public Comment from Saints about the AVard situation.
you would think if the Club had parted ways then they would make some sort of announcement.
Or is it a case of leave it a couple of weeks and all will be forgotten?

Interesting that no Public Comment from Saints about the AVard situation.
you would think if the Club had parted ways then they would make some sort of announcement.
Or is it a case of leave it a couple of weeks and all will be forgotten?
They knew of his situation when signing him and Robertson on, one bashes women and the other threatens to belt a whore who found a lazy $25k sitting under a pillow. Go figure…..

They knew of his situation when signing him and Robertson on, one bashes women and the other threatens to belt a whore who found a lazy $25k sitting under a pillow. Go figure…..

Rambles are you feeling okay? Normally we only get posts from you showing your dislike for the lions !! I heard the lions have locked in a coach who has been in the afl pathways program

Remove this Banner Ad

Back