Tasmanian Football Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice shot there camel. Reminds me of a few games that Ross participated in last year and the year before when they were more interested in having a fight then actually playing footy.

How are the grounds holding up there on the coast with all the rain? The Campania ground was very heavy under foot yesterday which made it difficult to hit targets. One Swansea player also tried to bounce the ball at one stage, which was a stupid idea considering the ball did not bounce back up at all!!

Hopefully the rain eases off over the next couple of weeks with finals footy coming up, as many of the country grounds down here dont have much of a drainage system installed!

With a late reply,
and this week's score

Redpa: 3.1, 5.5, 7.5, 7.7.49 DEF
Forest/Stanley: 2.3, 3.4, 6.6, 6.9.45

So a Redpa and Irishtown Grand Final this year.

It was a soggy Irishtown day yesterday.
muddv.jpg

As for this one ground,
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/news/...her-wont-rain-on-smithton-parade/1607129.aspx
This article in the Advocate while I was out of the State. Hopefully it can hold up for the Grand Final on Saturday.

Great shot CAMEL!
That's getting up close to what North Hobart looked like in the '92 Prelim Final.

PS: Has anyone ever managed to lob one through the bedroom window of the house behind the goal with a decent drop punt yet? :cool:

For those interested, scores from the Grand Finals of the Circular Head Competition. It was a super Grand Final

SENIORS:
Irishtown: 3.8, 4.9, 5.13, 6.15.50 DEF
Redpa: 0.2, 4.2, 5.2, 6.6.42

Goals: Irishtown; M. Emmett 4, P. Nutting, D. Jago 1.
Goals: Redpa; J. Willmott, M. Brown, D. Tyson, H. Finlayson, K. Nicholls, M. Armstrong 1.

Best: Irishtown; TEAM EFFORT.
Best: Redpa; L. Magee, R. Willie, J. Willmott, H. Finlayson, S. Auld, A. Pilkington.

RESERVES
Irishtown: 3.2, 6.5, 7.5, 13.5.83 DEF
Redpa: 2.1, 4.1, 8.1, 8.2.50

Goals: Irishtown; D. Smith 4, C. McLaren, L. Febey, L. Lambert 2, S. Stevens, T. Poke, D. Frankcombe 1.
Goals: Redpa; D. Blake, M. Sheehan, R. Poke 2, J. Lee, K. Facey 1.

Best: Irishtown; TEAM EFFORT
Best: Redpa; TEAM EFFORT

UNDER 17s:
Forest/Stanley: 0.2, 1.4, 4.7, 6.11.47 DEF
Redpa: 2.1, 2.1, 3.2, 4.2.26

Goals: Forest/Stanley; M. Elliot 3, N. Tonks 2, B. Tonks 1.
Goals: Redpa; R. Barnard, J. Quilliam, J. White, S. Heres 1.

Best: Forest/Stanley; M. Elliot, B. Medwin, N. Tonks.
Best: Redpa;J. Quilliam, M. Fisher, S. Heres, D. Blake, D. Curtin.

ODFA Grand Final
Half time

Campania 4.7.31
Woodsdale 3.8.26

Good game of footy so far played in good spirits, Campania playing some of their best footy this year. Woodsdale will kick with the wind in the final term.

ODFA Grand Final at Oatlands

Final score

Woodsdale 11.14.80
Campania 7.11.53

In what was a cracking game, Woodsdale broke free from the arm wrestle in the final term and proved to be too good. Trent Wiggins was awarded BOG.

Tigers clinch title

28 February, 2010
Ronny Lerner
Tasmania has clinched its fourth Ford Ranger Cup crown after thumping Victoria in the 2009/10 decider by 110 runs on Sunday at the MCG, consigning the Bushrangers to the ignominy of becoming the first team in history to lose four domestic one-day finals in a row.
http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=news-display&id=20449

Brilliant result boys!!! Go Tassie!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me how ricky Walsh is playing

Honestly struggling, when he came to the club i thought he was going to absolutely dominate the league but what? he's done nothing. when the ball comes near him he's like a little kid running away from mummy wen it's bath time. Can't kick or mark... so in short, Struggling.

Couple questions.

Who were the Leven Premiers in 2010? Google is definitely not my friend in this instance.

Did the King Island comp take place in 2010? And if so... Premiers?

Leven premiers were Mole creek who defeated Railton 20.12 (132) to 16.3 (99)

Yes the king island comp took place premiers were Currie in the seniors who defeated Grassy 31.26 (212) to 8.7 (55). In the juniors it was the opposite with Grassy defeating Currie 18.14 (122) to 5.7 (37)

Was told today that an ODFA club is in negotiations with a former AFL legend to play 2 home games for their club this season (similar to Billy Brownless playing at DOSA a few years back) :thumbsu:. The player in question has ties through this club through greyhound racing and has an end of Etihad Stadium named after him ;);) Would be great exposure for this club and the comp if this does eventuate. Not so good for the opposition full back though.:eek: Watch this space...

The 59th season of the ODFA kicks off this weekend. A new team from the Tasman Peninsula will take to the field this year as the competition's 6th team.

Round 1 games:

Woodsdale v Campania at Woodsdale
Peninsula v Campbell Town at Port Arthur
Swansea v Mt Pleasant at Swansea

All games commence at 1.30pm.

Was told today that an ODFA club is in negotiations with a former AFL legend to play 2 home games for their club this season (similar to Billy Brownless playing at DOSA a few years back) :thumbsu:. The player in question has ties through this club through greyhound racing and has an end of Etihad Stadium named after him ;);) Would be great exposure for this club and the comp if this does eventuate. Not so good for the opposition full back though.:eek: Watch this space...

pluga locket swansea

I didnt know where to put this but I'm sure some people would be interested in the Tassie U23's playing in Adelaide. One of the players dads rang me. said that They lost to WA by 2pts yesterday, lost to Vic by 30pts but beat SA by9pts in the late game today. So with some proper umpiring the should have beaten WA & been in the final on sunday. as it is they play SA in the play off for 3rd. Apparently they have played some impressive footy. Young guys from NTFA, NTFL & SFL seemed to have teamed well together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back