Taylor Adams - Tigers No Longer Interested [Adams nominates Cats and Pies - AFL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So absolutely nothing has come of today?

Interesting that Richardson made it clear that we weren't interested on chapy, but didn't mention anything about Adams.
Possibly wasn't asked but none the less, why make it clear on one particular player and not clear up the other??

Correct me if wrong. SEN reported 10 mins back that Taylor Adams preferred club is not Melbourne? TBH I didn't know they were keen. So who is left?? Richmond, collingwood and Geelong??

Wallet said on Trade Radio this arvo that he nominated five clubs; Pies, Blues, Dons, us and someone else I can't remember. Suggested that after listening to Dan Richardson that we might not have the cap space.

Martin was just a waste of ******** valuable time and energy.
What I mean with Geelong is that they are making sone pretty tough decisions and obviously making room to bring in some new faces.

Our valuable time on Martin was totally justifiable given the obvious talent that he is and star that he can become. Unlike say, Cotchin, who is a natural leader, Martin needs moulding which means time, energy and, of course, risk. All worth it in my eyes.

Results at the end of the TP will determine how we and others went. The past 3 or so years have been excellent compared to trade rabble that we were responsible for before that. I have full confidence in the competence of the guys in charge these days. Perhaps Geelong, Collingwood etc have more leverage but, hey, when you look at how far back we were I think we are doing well to date.

Wallet said on Trade Radio this arvo that he nominated five clubs; Pies, Blues, Dons, us and someone else I can't remember. Suggested that after listening to Dan Richardson that we might not have the cap space.

That pretty much leaves us next to no chance. The others are willing to pay more and Collingwood will have the picks to trade for him (10 & 11). For us to get him he would have had to specifically nominated us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Richardson said today that Hampson would be our only trade - so Adams is NOT coming to Richmond

If your referring to the interview he gave which is on the RFC website, he certainly did not say this. Gave the impression we might trade again, but that is all. Is this the interview you are talking about?

He did say on traderadio that Hampson was our major target and that the rest of the trade period would be rather quiet. If that's the case I'm happy, got a need addressed with Hampson and can use pick 12 to get the best kid available. The other thing is if we can get a 2nd round compo pick for White and/or McGuane then it's not like we've really lost anything. To put it another way Hampson and a 2nd round pick for White and McGuane is a decent return overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back