Taylor Adams - Tigers No Longer Interested [Adams nominates Cats and Pies - AFL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams, 20, nominated the Pies and Geelong as his preferred destination but would end up at the Westpac Centre as some part of the Shaw deal.
www.news.com.au
Carlton looking to offload our 2nd round pick to Hawthorn in exchange for Savage.

See, this makes sense, but Port received two end of 1st rounders last year for Chaplin and Pearce, so I don't know what to think.

Thats because of the contracts they were offered. Like Dale thomas being offered a 700,000 a year over 4 years and being 26 will most likely land collingwood pick 11 straight after their first pick.

They can easily afford this offer but 4 mill is in no way representative of his real value :rolleyes:
450k-500 at most would be what most clubs would offer
That's what I mean.
Look at Dale Thomas . Staggering amount money he's being paid.
I have no idea what you mean about them being able to afford it. Nobody said they couldn't did they?
I'm a bit lost.
I'm more amazed at the money blokes are being paid when they move.
Free Agency is throwing the real value of a player out the window. How could Collongwood justify paying Thomas that much? Couldn't possibly.
Same with Hawks and buddy,even tigers and white.

That's what I mean.
I have no idea what you mean about them being able to afford it. Nobody said they couldn't did they?
I'm a bit lost.
Free Agency is throwing the real value of a player out the window. How could Collongwood justify paying Thomas that much? Couldn't possibly.
Expect more of the same over coming seasons as clubs get squeezed

That's what I mean.
I'm a bit lost.

It's crazy isn't it? Our offer for Taylor Adams is similar to what Port offered Matt White. Eddie Betts is on more than Dustin Martin.

Insanity.

It'll get tougher every year no doubt. Won't be a lot of one club players I don't think.
It's too lucrative to move on under free agency if you're a decent player .

It's crazy isn't it? Our offer for Taylor Adams is similar to what Port offered Matt White. Eddie Betts is on more than Dustin Martin.

Insanity.
Yep it's completely out of kilter.
I reckon if you're about 5-10 on your list coming into free agency it's pay dirt time.
If Martin doesn't stray off the rails he will get his big pay day when he qualifies as a FA.

Adams, 20, nominated the Pies and Geelong as his preferred destination but would end up at the Westpac Centre as some part of the Shaw deal.
www.news.com.au
Carlton looking to offload our 2nd round pick to Hawthorn in exchange for Savage.

They said the same thing a month ago about Collingwood and Richmond Being his preferred destinitions means nothing until he nominates a club all speculation on that front until he nominates a club.

Eddie Betts averaged 11.7 disposals and 1.5 goals per game in his 18 games this year. Yet he's being paid $2,000,000 over 4 years.

And the Crows fans are thrilled over his arrival.
I'm glad we aren't involved in those shenanigans.
Can't believe the focus today on pick 28 when Carlton and Adelaide are paying absurd amounts of money to half forward flankers.
Am I missing something??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need some sort of Facebook page education for this board.
It's not fair dinkum but it pops up in here constantly because people aren't aware it's a bullshit page.
Mind you one look at some of the rumoured deals would say to you pretty quickly it's a big gag .
Speaking of which Cotchs facebook page says 'Former midfielder at Richmond F.C'..uhhh

I'm glad we aren't involved in those shenanigans.
Can't believe the focus today on pick 28 when Carlton and Adelaide are paying absurds amounts of money to half forward flankers.
Am I missing something??

You could get a similar output out of Jake King and it would only cost you half a dozen snozberries and couple of wonka bars. You could then spend the other 300k on another quality player.

Lets take a look at Carlton's logic.
On the face of it I must say I've rated Dale Thomas very highly as a player. I think he's fantastic.
The ankle is a massive concern though and he isn't a player you are going to build a club around.
He's a flanker cum on baller with a dicey ankle and arguably may never be as good as he was. Most likely wont.

Now how much would Eddie Betts have been on at Carlton? 300-350??
Now as good as Dale was/is was it ever twice as good as Betts?

Easy-No.
Betts is a 30-50 goal per season man with good pressure skills.
You won't even get Eddies goals covered by Thomas.
It has me completely ****** the logic behind it.
I reckon Betts is worth what he was on at a guess and Thomas about $450-500.
Truly bizarre situation.
Long may it continue.

See, this makes sense, but Port received two end of 1st rounders last year for Chaplin and Pearce, so I don't know what to think.

It can be 1 per player. I think with port last year they thought the loss of both players was worth a 2nd rd pick each but not an upgrade of those 2 to a 1st rd pick.

Thats because of the contracts they were offered. Like Dale thomas being offered a 700,000 a year over 4 years and being 26 will most likely land collingwood pick 11 straight after their first pick.

I understand how that works. The way people were wording it, it's as if it's a cumulative thing. Port got 2 separate picks. People are saying we'll get a 2nd round pick (for example) for White/McGuane combined.

So it's down to Collingwood or Geelong?

I thought GWS have said they are not interested in Shaw. In fact I swear I heard it coming from their camp.

Sounds like he'll be a cat.

Lets take a look at Carlton's logic.
On the face of it I must say I've rated Dale Thomas very highly as a player. I think he's fantastic.
The ankle is a massive concern though and he isn't a player you are going to build a club around.
He's a flanker cum on baller with a dicey ankle and arguably may never be as good as he was. Most likely wont.

Now how much would Eddie Betts have been on at Carlton? 300-350??
Now as good as Dale was/is was it ever twice as good as Betts?

Easy-No.
Betts is a 30-50 goal per season man with good pressure skills.
You won't even get Eddies goals covered by Thomas.
It has me completely ****** the logic behind it.
I reckon Betts is worth what he was on at a guess and Thomas about $450-500.
Truly bizarre situation.
Long may it continue.

I'd say if Daisy got back to his best which is probably what MM is thinking he is probably just worth that amount on 2010 form. Paying as much as they are for him though is a huge gamble. Moreso then our pick 28 trade. What MM identified was that Carlton were screaming for another outside runner to help their spread. Yarran has failed in this regard and their other runners Garlett/Armfield/Lucas have all been hit and miss. So I would say what they have paid for him could pay off IF Thomas rekindles some of that form.

If he doesn't they are left with a huge salary and managing a dodgy ankle. Anyways this is completely off topic but Betts is still not worth what he was asking for. He didn't have a great year and at 27 he isn't going to suddenly transform himself into a midfielder now which has always been his downfall. MM wants his smalls having extended stints in the middle.

I'd say if Daisy got back to his best which is probably what MM is thinking he is probably just worth that amount on 2010 form. Paying as much as they are for him though is a huge gamble. Moreso then our pick 28 trade. What MM identified was that Carlton were screaming for another outside runner to help their spread. Yarran has failed in this regard and their other runners Garlett/Armfield/Lucas have all been hit and miss. So I would say what they have paid for him could pay off IF Thomas rekindles some of that form.

If he doesn't they are left with a huge salary and managing a dodgy ankle. Anyways this is completely off topic but Betts is still not worth what he was asking for. He didn't have a great year and at 27 he isn't going to suddenly transform himself into a midfielder now which has always been his downfall. MM wants his smalls having extended stints in the middle.

For a team that has a sh!t load of cap space and can get a quality small foward for just the cost of dollars - Why Not ?

He doesnt cost the crows a pick and they have the cap space to front load his contract, Better than paying under achievers like McGuane,Graham etc over $400k like we did in the past

www.news.com.au

Carlton apparently bent us over but then trade it for Savage and end up losers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back