Taylor Adams - Tigers No Longer Interested [Adams nominates Cats and Pies - AFL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's easily solved. Just put those posters on ignore. I'm now down to you, Tiger71 and the mods:D
Seeing that you won't see this you can go and get ****ed you ******* arsehole. :D :p

That's easily solved. Just put those posters on ignore. I'm now down to you, Tiger71 and the mods:D

Ya cut me Sumtingwong, ya cut me deep ! :D

Garlett intrigues me.
I follow the WAFL a bit and actually seen him play a couple this year live.
That boy has some serious tricks and is ridiculously talented.
The thing that intrigues me is that he is not a big possession gatherer.
I sort of envisage him being a 6-10 touches per game player particilarly his first 30-40 games or so.
That's the toughest gig in the game and takes enormous mental strength and the confidence to nail scoring opportunities when they come along.
I'm not sure if he has the capabilities within to be an on baller at this level?
Not saying he doesn't, I'm just not sure. He's a bit of an egnima.
Could be the biggest boom coup or a flatline bust.
It's going to interesting watching how it unfolds that's for sure.
Hope he gets his crack because it seems as though he's really applied himself.

I know last year Blair Hartley and co had zero interest in Josh Caddy because they knew he was the 'hype player' of the trade period. They thought it would take overs to land him and I would suggest it will take the same now for Adams, so I would be surprised if we are still in the chase.

Agree 100% with that but lets hope its a strength, let me explain.

We have put heaps of time into Adams, close onto 2 years. As the offers started going up, ours has remained consistent with just a slight increase. The reason for that was we have tried to sell to Adams the vision of the RFC in the next 5 years. We have explained to him that he would be a integral part of that vision, and sometimes, team success is more important then just the cash. We, from what I have heard used Geelongs own argument against them. Asking Taylor if the bartels and selwoods would now have been more happier with more cash or keeping the strong core together and getting those flags.

Come Monday we will know how well we sold it. My mail has stayed consistent from the start, and I have yet to hear that we are out of the race. We will know Monday.

Our Major stumbling block is GWS. We don't have a "better" deal to offer them then say Collingwood, Melbourne or Geelong. Lets just hope his desire to play for us is real enough that he can tell GWS to go eat a tomato sandwich.

Whats wrong with tomato sandwiches?

Garlett intrigues me.
I sort of envisage him being a 6-10 touches per game player particilarly his first 30-40 games or so.
That's the toughest gig in the game and takes enormous mental strength and the confidence to nail scoring opportunities when they come along.
I'm not sure if he has the capabilities within to be an on baller at this level?

Many say that the jump is huge to the next level. The question for me is, does this young guy have the mental strength to really grind it out and work his **** off to make it at AFL level or will he fold like a pack of cards ? I'm not suggesting I know the answer but if our recruiters think there is a better risk player I'll back them in. Having watched him RD do you think he's more marketing than substance or more substance than marketing ?

Garlett intrigues me.

Isn't every other club inline to take gallett before us?

Many say that the jump is huge to the next level. The question for me is, does this young guy have the mental strength to really grind it out and work his **** off to make it at AFL level or will he fold like a pack of cards ? I'm not suggesting I know the answer but if our recruiters think there is a better risk player I'll back them in. Having watched him RD do you think he's more marketing than substance or more substance than marketing ?
Substance is there. He is seriously one of the best ball handlers I've ever seen and has an innate goal sense.
On a Stephen Milne like level.
But your first point is the one that leaves me wondering also. Huge step and its tough early days.
Bleak cold days playing twos out on suburban grounds,really tough days in the AFL as a sub playing ten minutes or getting about 3-4 touches and being subbed. You're right it takes real mental fortitude and I think Dayles best chance to push through that is to be able to develop himself enough that he spends more time up the field.

For all I know he may have a great tank but he hasn't really had to show it.
The big decisions I think are those two.
How tough is he mentally and how likely to survive?
How adaptable will he be?
No doubt we already have our opinion.
Can seriously play when he's got the pill though.

Why is this thread still open?
Didn't we withdraw interest on Thursday last week?

Or so the Germans would have us believe...
hqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really need Adams? I mean as good as he is we have Conca/Arnott/Cotch/Vlas possibly Helbig all in the same mould as the in and unders. In a few years Ellis/Vlas and a few of our kids will be asking for more $$ contract wise. Adams is a star and would be demanding a lot more $$ in a few years time.

Just think it's one we should let through to the keeper for the sake of retaining our current crop. #mytake

Imo yes. have a look at when we concede multiple goals in games it's because we cant get our hands on the footy. Simple as that.

There's more to it than just hiding behind trees, not sure Francis wants them all told but they are great stories.
Go knock on Francis' door. Ask him how many stories you can tell on big footy..... He'll follow by saying what the * is big footy.... And your set!!
Or just like the comments that are accurate!!
Fight the urges not to contribute!!!

Do we really need Adams? I mean as good as he is we have Conca/Arnott/Cotch/Vlas possibly Helbig all in the same mould as the in and unders. In a few years Ellis/Vlas and a few of our kids will be asking for more $$ contract wise. Adams is a star and would be demanding a lot more $$ in a few years time.

Just think it's one we should let through to the keeper for the sake of retaining our current crop. #mytake

there is your answer...

As I have re-itirated all along, its a win-win situation going off past recruiting, if we get Adams then great, we have one of the if not the best talented up and coming midfield's, if he goes in another direction we can pickup the best available at Pick 12/13 roughly. #FJFaith

As I have re-itirated all along, its a win-win situation going off past recruiting, if we get Adams then great, we have one of the if not the best talented up and coming midfield's, if he goes in another direction we can pickup the best available at Pick 12/13 roughly. #FJFaith

Whynothaveboth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back