Team you want to beat the most in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo. Those 3 are still the teams to beat in the comp, Collingwood are on the slippery slope down to mediocrity and i am confident, no certain we will beat them at least once in 2015 (hopefully for Mick's record breaking game)

So sick of losing to Hawthorn, it feels like the last time we beat them, John Howard was still PM :(

lol, I can assure you that NO club would die to have Vickery

I can assure you, teams like Carlton or Freo would like to have Vickery on their list, even as insurance for lack of KPF depth (he couldn't be any worse then Rob Warnock)

Vickery could be a decent player if he toughens up a bit and stops being bit of a headcase, reckon he has shown glimpses of brilliance which is why Tiges fans get so shitty at times when he plays like a lemon.

That Tiger bloke or whatever his name is always having a crack at any post I write about Richmond, it is quite humorous really, most of it now is to actually get him going and he still fails to see it. I would almost out him on a par with Barry Badrinath.

lol, its common decency to tag someone you are speaking about. i find it hard you forgot my handle considering its just on the page before this :p. No mate, the reason our posts went for a few pages is that you have no idea what a modern ruck is. You should go listen to Leigh Matthews and his thoughts about hit outs, then re read my posts and yours.

Do that and you will see how silly your point was/is. Also, I only responded to you for a bit of a laugh seeing you doing multiple posts in a row per reply of mine haha. You always bash the Tigers, that's common knowledge, that is why when you mention anything tiger related most go /yawn.

I can assure you, teams like Carlton or Freo would like to have Vickery on their list, even as insurance for lack of KPF depth (he couldn't be any worse then Rob Warnock)

Vickery could be a decent player if he toughens up a bit and stops being bit of a headcase, reckon he has shown glimpses of brilliance which is why Tiges fans get so shitty at times when he plays like a lemon.

They might like to have him as backup, would they die to have him though? I very highly doubt it.

lol, its common decency to tag someone you are speaking about. i find it hard you forgot my handle considering its just on the page before this :p. No mate, the reason our posts went for a few pages is that you have no idea what a modern ruck is. You should go listen to Leigh Matthews and his thoughts about hit outs, then re read my posts and yours.

Do that and you will see how silly your point was/is. Also, I only responded to you for a bit of a laugh seeing you doing multiple posts in a row per reply of mine haha. You always bash the Tigers, that's common knowledge, that is why when you mention anything tiger related most go /yawn.

Except you and Baz, which is my point:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True enough but Hawthorn seem to hate us for some reason so they don't really go easy on us.

Ohhh, so MANY reasons to hate Carlton.
But you obviously weren't around for the 80's when you so graciously shared your park with us :straining:, and enjoyed a certain 3rd quarter game ability that ruined many an afternoon for me.
Then there's the arrogance, wads of money in envelopes slipped into player pockets, silver tale pompous ass management, John Elliot, Rhys Jones..........meh, you know what, because of the last 20 years, it's ALLLLLLL forgotten. :cool:

Let me try another tack. If Vikcery was in your side, where would he sit in your goal kickers for this year ? Even in Vickery only playing 12 games your highest goal scorer only kicked 5 more goals then him. Bellchambers is a dinosaur, he is like Orren, Solid "hit outs" but nothing around the ground. Does not hurt the opposition, does not link up play etc..in that regard he is not even on the same level as Vickery who is way younger.

I don't want to get into a TBC vs Vickery debate but for starters Bellchambers is less than a year older than Vickery and in 2013 he kicked 28 goals and averaged 22 HO while splitting the Ruck 50/50 with Ryder.

So who will be the last team to not have been beaten by one of the expansion teams? We have 5 teams left

Hawthorn
Essendon
Adelaide
Fremantle
West Coast

Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo. Those 3 are still the teams to beat in the comp, Collingwood are on the slippery slope down to mediocrity and i am confident, no certain we will beat them at least once in 2015 (hopefully for Mick's record breaking game)

So sick of losing to Hawthorn, it feels like the last time we beat them, John Howard was still PM :(
Not only was John Howard still PM, Kevin Rudd was still shadow foreign minister. The current leader of Australia, Peta Credlin, was but a twinkle in former Government head kicker Tony Abbotts eye. It's been a while.

There's a thread discussing that very topic - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/who-will-be-the-last-team-to-be-beaten-by-gc-and-gws.1004176/

To answer your question, it's hard to see it being anyone but Hawthorn.

I'm not so sure about that. Both have gotten close to us over the last couple of seasons when we've either been smashed with injuries, or rested players. As they improve, we'll be less likely to rest players, but can definitely see it happening.

Then you couple that with the home ground advantage that Adelaide, West Coast and Freo can enjoy, without looking at the draw, they could easily last longer than us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back