Competition Teamworks Performance - Design an AFL clash jumper *Win a custom footy jumper*

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Benny, it is a good-looking jumper.

In terms of Benny's concept, it raises an interesting conundrum: will a skyline of a city represent an entire state, or will it alienate the rest of the state? Or in this case, does Melbourne's status as the capital of Victoria provide sufficient justification?

When I see the 'Big V' I instantly connotate it with all of Victoria, but when I see the skyline of Melbourne I'm more inclined to simply think "hey, that's Melbourne". Anybody else have a view on this?

I also have a solution. Put / and \ and add them to the V. Then you get a /V\. Proble/V\ solved. :thumbsu:

I'd like to see somebody try to argue against that logic.

So E92's questions are virtually ignored. IF TWP carry on like this, who will take them seriously?

So E92's questions are virtually ignored. IF TWP carry on like this, who will take them seriously?

I can see where E92's coming from, and it's a valid point both he and you raise. But I can't help but feel that people don't want to upset TWP again as we all know what happened last time, and the fact is that they are giving away a free guernsey to the winner and I don't think that the entrants on here want to jeopardise that opportunity.

I can see where E92's coming from, and it's a valid point both he and you raise. But I can't help but feel that people don't want to upset TWP again as we all know what happened last time, and the fact is that they are giving away a free guernsey to the winner and I don't think that the entrants on here want to jeopardise that opportunity.

If one or two see the a hole in the comp, will they bother competing?
I didn't want to win after one entry. I just enjoyed competing and showcasing the crap that I do.

First chance I've really had to look at the thread since winner was announced... bit shocked!

Victoria Country U18 with the Melbourne skyline.

Interesting choice, and outside the box thinking. Congratulations to the winner though.

Congratulations Benny, it is a good-looking jumper.

In terms of Benny's concept, it raises an interesting conundrum: will a skyline of a city represent an entire state, or will it alienate the rest of the state? Or in this case, does Melbourne's status as the capital of Victoria provide sufficient justification?

When I see the 'Big V' I instantly connotate it with all of Victoria, but when I see the skyline of Melbourne I'm more inclined to simply think "hey, that's Melbourne". Anybody else have a view on this?

I kinda agree Teen, but for me it makes me think of Vic Metro. It combines Metro Victoria (Melbourne) with the skyline, as well as the whole of Victoria with the big V.

It's a great design but would be more appropriate as a Vic Metro design.

I'd love to see Benny come up with a Vic Country design :D

I kinda agree Teen, but for me it makes me think of Vic Metro. It combines Metro Victoria (Melbourne) with the skyline, as well as the whole of Victoria with the big V.

I'd love to see Benny come up with a Vic Country design :D

Yeah you're right about that alzy, I didn't even consider how fitting it would be for a Vic Metro jumper.

Haha same, a Vic Country jumper based on the same premise would actually be really interesting, and probably pretty difficult to design too.

Yeah i was going for a Vic Metro design

Anyway I STOKED I WON !!!!!!! I have never won anything in my life. Plus its a Big V jersey which is probably equal with Geelong for my favorite team and i have wanted a big v jumper for AGES !!!

Thank you tons TWP, btw can i get it made up in a particualar size ?? cause i wonna wear it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, I won't add as I'd just be repeating you.
Closest mismatch I can think of would be either the Mumbai Indians (awful name), or West Coast wearing the WA State jumper in heritage round.

If I'd known I could have submitted a state jumper, I'd have done a reverse version of this (which was part of a Teamworks contest last year, specifically to design a state jumper):
VictoriaNew.png

It's a sure bet that others would have jumped at the chance to do a state clash jumper had it been part of the design brief. Instead, it was as E92 pointed out: design a clash jumper for an AFL CLUB, and everyone did that.

TWP Facebook page said:
ok how about this seeing it is xmas--- have a vote on here to see who has the best AFL design and we will award a second winner... in return get all your friends to like the page.. IF WE CAN GET TO 500 LIKES BY NEW YEARS I WILL GIVE OUT A TOP 5 WITH ALL GETTING THEIR DESIGN MADE....HOW DOES THAT SOUND??
about an hour ago · Unlike · 1

Send those links people!

I count 107 entries, give or take a few (might have a few stray GC designs which weren't entries). Plus one Victoria clash guernsey, because navy blue clashes with other states :rolleyes:

Gold Coast: 10 entries
Hawthorn: 9
Port: 9
West Coast: 8
Adelaide: 7
Fremantle: 7
St Kilda: 7
Carlton: 6
Melbourne: 6
Geelong: 5
Richmond: 5
Footscray: 5
Brisbane: 4
Collingwood: 4
GWS: 4
North: 4
Essendon: 3
Sydney: 3

OK here is my top 5, not including my own entries, and not in any particular order.

Adelaide by Lion Cub 16
AdelaideClash.png

Carlton by Craegus
CarltonTWP.png

Essendon by Henness
ESS-Clash-1.jpg

Port Adelaide by Cory
porttwp.png

West Coast by Sighclone
2r47y3r.png

And including my own entries:

Richmond by Omegaville
RichmondClash.png

I feel this was the best of the Richmond jumpers, didn't try to include faux tiger skin like a lot of them seem to.

Narrowing it down to one? I'm voting for Henness' Essendon entry. :thumbsu:

I think TWP also disqualified the jumpers that didn't have the logo on the back of the jersey and in the numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back