The 2015 Attendance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We got 45k against WC and they would have had about 3k at the game. Would be disappointed with anything under 40k

:drunk: :drunk:

The MCC predicted 45k for Richmond v West Coast and 35k for Richmond v GWS

West Coast consistently draw 5k (perhaps closer to 10k against the big clubs) more than GWS and Gold Coast in Melbourne

Case in point -

St Kilda v GWS (round 1) 18974
St Kilda v West Coast (round 8) 23598

Probably safe to assume 5000 to 6000 at that game alone (much less attractive for western travellers then a Friday night fixture at the MCG against a big club)

Last edited:
:drunk: :drunk:

West Coast consistently draw 5k (perhaps closer to 10k against the big clubs) more than GWS and Gold Coast in Melbourne

Case in point -

Probably safe to assume 5000 to 6000 at that game alone (much less attractive for western travellers then a Friday night fixture at the MCG against a big club)

The MCG predicted 35000 for pies vs Gws too,
So this doesn't mean we can't pull 40000 to the game as well! Although I would be very surprised if we did!

2015AFLcrowdsR13.png

Case in point -

Hawkk no way on earth the eagles had more than 5K, more around 3 to 4K max.....Btw were u there? it was a Friday night game working day for WA people so hard for them to travel in big numbers...Their supporters were predominately in 2 spots city end and M7...I mentioned this before at the ground u could hardly hear them but on TV they sounded louder especially last quarter....
Also, u say West Coast 10K for big clubs u :drunk: if u said Sydney or brissie when they are in top 4'' then more likely yes but WC no way! Only time they could achieve 10K+ is playing finals here...

Re diff crowd wise for GWS RD 1 & WC RD 8, id be going more along the lines of more saint fans with their 3 home game membership attended RD 8 instead of RD 1 due to not having bought their membership by RD 1, even pies had a sub par crowd (33K) against the crows for Rd 1 even though it was at etihad...

Hawkk no way on earth the eagles had more than 5K, more around 3 to 4K max.....Btw were u there? it was a Friday night game working day for WA people so hard for them to travel in big numbers...Their supporters were predominately in 2 spots city end and M7...I mentioned this before at the ground u could hardly hear them but on TV they sounded louder especially last quarter....
Also, u say West Coast 10K for big clubs u :drunk: if u said Sydney or brissie when they are in top 4'' then more likely yes but WC no way! Only time they could achieve 10K+ is playing finals here...

Re diff crowd wise for GWS RD 1 & WC RD 8, id be going more along the lines of more saint fans with their 3 home game membership attended RD 8 instead of RD 1 due to not having bought their membership by RD 1, even pies had a sub par crowd (33K) against the crows for Rd 1 even though it was at etihad...
Offsetting the friday-night working game, the Eagles had been spruiking that one as a travel package for our lonesome MCG game. Baseline we have 2.5k Victorian membership (as told to me by a club official a couple years back). I probably had about a dozen emails advertising it through the year.

Offsetting the friday-night working game, the Eagles had been spruiking that one as a travel package for our lonesome MCG game. Baseline we have 2.5k Victorian membership (as told to me by a club official a couple years back). I probably had about a dozen emails advertising it through the year.

In that last quarter when the Eagles chant started, I'm telling you there was 5000 there, or the ones that were there were extremely loud.

I hear where ur coming from and on the proviso u have 2.5k members here and from lets say that 2K attended, this is where im finding hard to believe that 3K from the other side of the country (almost 4 hour flight) would come on a working day regardless whether the eagles were spruiking it...
Ud need 15 planes to bring ONLY eagles supporters on the day of the game no chance whatsoever that many planes would be flying to Vic before 1 pm.

Anyway im not trying to take a dig or put u guys down was simply replying to earlier posts from a week or so ago that i didnt believe their were 5K or more at our game due to being there and seeing first hand where the majority of the eagle supporters were....

In that last quarter when the Eagles chant started, I'm telling you there was 5000 there, or the ones that were there were extremely loud.

Bingo! like Rich V Swans at the SCG in that last qtr when Maric kicked his soccer goal and Miles kicked his just before the siren the crowd were bloody loud u could hear the roar well much louder than the previous 3 quarters....

Anyways happy to leave it their and look forward to this weeks game V GWS, weather could be the diff between 35K and 40K, atm forecast says rain but still 4 days away so hopefully the rain stays away....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

28,316 at the SCG tonight - pretty respectable for a Thursday night you would think when you take in Power's poor form and lack of travelling supporters

Absolute madness to host a game in Sydney on a Thursday night. Swans fans often don't manage to get to Friday games until partway through the first quarter because of post-work travel. It's a s**t of a city to get around at busy times.

Asking people to do Thursdays in a big, poorly transport-served city without a strong footy attendence culture is a bit much.

28,316 at the SCG tonight - pretty respectable for a Thursday night you would think when you take in Power's poor form and lack of travelling supporters

two issues were the earlier start and the cold. It was ******* freezing at the footy last night. if the start time was the same as last Friday night it would have had "slightly" better attendance. maybe 2000-3000 extra. If it wasn't about 10 degrees at first bounce that would have been an extra 4000-6000.

two issues were the earlier start and the cold. It was ******* freezing at the footy last night. if the start time was the same as last Friday night it would have had "slightly" better attendance. maybe 2000-3000 extra. If it wasn't about 10 degrees at first bounce that would have been an extra 4000-6000.

The cold I'll give you, but a later start would have discouraged a lot of people who have to work tomorrow, so I'm not sure you would have gained that many more overall (you'd gain some, but lose others).

The cold I'll give you, but a later start would have discouraged a lot of people who have to work tomorrow, so I'm not sure you would have gained that many more overall (you'd gain some, but lose others).

Its Sydney people are more fairweather then anywhere else, i push comes to shove, its an excuse for a sickie on friday.

Tigers vs GWS expected attendance has been upped from 35000 to 42000.

MCC should've looked at the weather forecast for Sat before upping the expected attendance, been raining all morning and cold as! Rain just eased up in last 15 mins....
No chance for 40K+
I reckon 32-35K max anymore than that would b a welcome bonus....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back