The AFL have publicly released the charges. 34 pages of charges

Remove this Banner Ad

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

it

Let me try putting it another way for you kiddies.

Ill try to use a familiar context.

Every time there's a new factor in this saga, this board dutifully discusses it and a new thread (sometimes multiple) is started. Whether its AOD, Thymosin, Mexico, New Mexico, Hirdy, Jobe, Jobe's Brownlow, Caro, Evans, Little, Bomber, Reidy, Dank, text messages, Weapon, ASADA approval, poor governance... Etc.

It's funny, now I look down this board, and there's not one new thread. There's not one new topic to discuss.

There's a thread about Reids letter, which is fair enough as we've seen it for the first time, but we already knew about it about it anyway.

I read every word of that charge sheet and not once did I go "shiiiiiit"... not once did my heart skip. We knew it all already. I was waiting for it if I'm honest, but it didn't come.

So it's not that I don't acknowledge the document for what it is, the thing was just pretty underwhelming, that's all. No shocks. Its all already been leaked. You can think we're "clinging" if you like, but it's to no more and less than we were this morning.

Now it was laughably predictable that all the trolls would jump on here and act like this was the dropping of a nuclear bomb, the problem is it didn't go off. Nothing has changed. It had the potential for serious new damage, but there was no smoking gun there. The club has known all this for some time and will continue the process.

I think we're all just pretty nonplussed by it.

You are in clear denial, I actually feel sorry for you, and others who have taken your stance that the club did no wrong, all discussions previous to the release of the charges was all speculation and innuendo, now that the report has been released, there is clear proof that the EFC clearly systematically set out to cheat and beat the system, your club doctor Reid who has been at the club for 30+ years wrote a formal letter clearly showing concern with what was taking place at the club, clarification that AOD-9604 is quite clearly banned, and was administered to players, a drug from mexico administered to 34 players, including various other drugs administered to EFC players.

The EFC will be no more once this whole saga is finished, there is no legal technicality that they can use to get off the charges, not only this, but these are simply charges laid down by the AFL, when ASADA and other governing bodies have there way with the EFC it will actually be quite a sad day to see such a historical club go down in dust.

images

Which ever player or EFC employee can jump off and save themselves, get off now and save what ever reputation and AFL career you have left, this is, the blackest day in Football.

Hooray! I've had to bribe the office girls but I've finally got SEN switched on for the Essendon presser. This had better be worth it...

Presser starts!

HIRD: I feel nauseous and horny to be sitting here.
LITTLE: Melanotan II is a hell of a drug!

Given it is being held within walking distance of the relevant clinic/compounding chemist, not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Every time there's a new factor in this saga, this board dutifully discusses it and a new thread (sometimes multiple) is started. Whether its AOD, Thymosin, Mexico, New Mexico, Hirdy, Jobe, Jobe's Brownlow, Caro, Evans, Little, Bomber, Reidy, Dank, text messages, Weapon, ASADA approval, poor governance... Etc.

It's funny, now I look down this board, and there's not one new thread. There's not one new topic to discuss.

There's a thread about Reids letter, which is fair enough as we've seen it for the first time, but we already knew about it about it anyway.

I read every word of that charge sheet and not once did I go "shiiiiiit"... not once did my heart skip. We knew it all already. I was waiting for it if I'm honest, but it didn't come.

So it's not that I don't acknowledge the document for what it is, the thing was just pretty underwhelming, that's all. No shocks. Its all already been leaked. You can think we're "clinging" if you like, but it's to no more and less than we were this morning.

Now it was laughably predictable that all the trolls would jump on here and act like this was the dropping of a nuclear bomb, the problem is it didn't go off. Nothing has changed. It had the potential for serious new damage, but there was no smoking gun there. The club has known all this for some time and will continue the process.

You knew it all because the vilified Caro kept telling is all.

I have to resile from my previous suggestions that the club should be fined, docked points etc.

I now think that if that charges are proven, then the club should be deregistered for two years. The whole organisation should be shut down for the same period that WADA bans would be enforced on the basis that they made such a calculated effort to avoid detection.

I would also then fine them the amount that the AFL estimates it will have to compensate the broadcasters. This will be in the tens of millions potentially. Mr Little can pay up.

I would then allow all players to enter a mini-draft, and allow the remaining clubs to increase their lists by 3 to accommodate. Of course, you'd be drafting these players on the understanding that they may not play for two years.

You knew that Dank sent a backdated letter to Alavi to try and prove that the players took thymomodulin rather than TB4?
You knew that when the protocol was set up, months after it had already been running without documentation, Robinson sent info to Dr Reid regarding steroids, HGH etc... - why would he do that? what drugs did the players receive before the protocol was set up?
You would have to be brain-damaged to be nonplussed. The correct emotions are anger and sadness.

You knew that Dank sent a backdated letter to Alavi to try and prove that the players took thymomodulin rather than TB4?
You knew that when the protocol was set up, months after it had already been running without documentation, Robinson sent info to Dr Reid regarding steroids, HGH etc... - why would he do that? what drugs did the players receive before the protocol was set up?
You would have to be brain-damaged to be nonplussed. The correct emotions are anger and sadness.
They are the emotions, but at Caro for daring exposé the truth of the old boys club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might want to read the report again, just in case you missed something.

I can't believe they were paying that much for TB4 - $300 a vile?? When I see that I seriously wonder how much of a cut Dank/Robinson were getting, it's more than 3x the going rate! o_O

If these charges are proven to be true, I hope Hird gets the book thrown at him..

I like the way Dean Wallis was in charge of keeping records.

Who knew he'd find a new way to cost Essendon potential flags?

Read it mate - and I amongst a few seem to realise that a charge sheet is exactly that - it doesn't prove anything.

I'll repeat my statement, Caroline Wilson knows nothing; she reports rumours, half truths and flat ou lies whilst attepting to twist them into the truth.

Hirdy is like the bizarro George Michael: All we have to do now, is take these facts, and make them lies somehow...

Are there any thinking Essendon supporters out there? Anyone prepared to condemn or even question the conduct of their hero-turned-desecrator? Anyone? Hello?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back