Media The Bear and The Gorilla Fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
I've decided to let you all snatch a glimpse of the relationship between myself and the dashing pantskyle. These are some of the private correspondence we've been sending to each other over the last few months.

April 12th, 2014, BJO

Dearest pants,

I’m sitting here under the tree on the hill at the BJO, remember, where we first met, @Fred’s Barbeque n’ Chudz on the left, @Volta’s new fancy sausage sizzle on the right, the beautiful lush green grass ahead of me. It’s all pretty solemn here, not sure whether the mist just won’t lift, or whether it’s just my misty eyes. It’s been a rough few days, Eddie Murphy tried to keep things jovial and fun last night at the B&F, but, I don’t know, things just feel different. Season 17 started with such promise, we burst out of the blocks, and left everyone in our wake. We were playing champagne football. We were the team to beat. It’s amazing how the wheels can fall off sometimes. I thought mid-season, when I saw you push through the doors into the change room, your number 23 in hand, that this was going to be it, it was going to be our year. I’m still not sure how things ended up the way they did.

We always knew you were only back for a short time, but it was definitely going to be a good time, the gang was back together. Off field we were flying, but then things started getting rocky on field. Our form started wavering, we stuttered, and ultimately we ran out of steam. You know all this, you were there. It was so nice to have you back. I’m sorry I was mean and distant, it was hard to know you were going to leave again, for this new fancy team, with all its flashing lights and slot machines.

And then the ruours started circling that Broken was leaving too, that he was the mastermind behind it all, if you were my creepy uncle in the SFA, then Broken was my cool, hipster uncle, but thankfully you were both going to be in the SFA, so I would get to see you occasionally. Then the last 2 weeks happened. Starting with @Ed_Gein’s retirement on the eve of the finals, I probably didn’t spend as much time as should have with Ed, but he will be missed, his stories about his run ins with the law in the 50s and his tales about <content removed for legal reasons>. And then the loss, after the way we started the year, it was a tough pill to swallow to lose against IMS and the Hawks. The day is such a blur, all I can hear is that stupid team song and that two legged horse running around. Such a tough way to end the year.

We all needed time, we had 5 days to drink, let it all out, get away from it all, and then regroup for the B&F. I heard you started packing your things for Vegas, Mooch hit the booze and pills hard, kept seeing him wandering about town in his slippers and robe, Fred went on a fishing trip, I think, but didn’t take his rod and headed towards the RSL, not sure what he was fishing for, and me, I just wandered about the BJO, analyzing all the mistakes I had made throughout the year, stressing about things that should have been. Really need to get my psychologist to up my anxiety meds.

And then the B&F night, all back together, the singing, the laughs, the dancing, the ladies, the boys, ohh it was such a fine evening. Eddie was such a brilliant choice, can’t believe he was available, still amazed that Reardo fit into that vinyl suit and that Eddie let him. And then Broken got up, I still remember the hush, could feel the atmosphere shift, And then he said it. He was leaving, not to the Bears, but for good. I couldn’t handle it.

I don’t remember much after that, I remember running for ages. I remember people calling my name. I remember falling asleep. And now I am here. Writing this too you. I hope you get it in time. Before you leave again.

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Yours

fitzroybulldog

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 15th, 2014, Las Vegas
Beloved FB,

I won't lie, as I write this tears are dropping on the paper, you can see the small dots that once housed liquid from my eyes. I'm in my office at Caesars Palace sitting on my $15'000 leather chair made from the hind of a white rhino and my desk smells of rich mahogany. I've wanted to pen a letter to you for a long time but could never pluck up the courage. I thank you for biting the bullet and being the bigger man in this.

I do miss Brunswick and the BJO, Fred always knew how to cook the perfect BBQ and just thinking about it makes me moist in the mouth area. What a season it was with all the ups and downs. I never thought I would grace the halls of the retirement home again but the QOOTY gods work in mysterious way and deemed it so that I would. When I agreed to join Broken in his quest to get the Bears back I never thought for a moment it would happen just before agreeing to move back. Those QOOTY gods can be cruel mistresses as well. I sit here in Vegas attempting to assemble a team worthy of the Bears and Las Vegas. Each passing day I continue with negotiations. The final hurdle being acceptance into the league. I so desperately wanted to bring you with me but Broken and I made a pact to not take from the Roys.

What a night the B&F was. Reardo was in fine form and I am not ashamed to admit that I peed a little when he danced with that obese dwarf lady, I hear she is pregnant. It was great having one last night with the boys. I knew what was happening when Broken made that announcement but I still weeped. It hurt losing him from the bid but more importantly from the league. I still check in on him every now and then but it's hard to pinpoint where he is. He is traveling all around the world.

FB I am very glad the Roys are in good hands, Reardo, Fred and yourself are all passionate enough to keep the team on the right path and Freakie is... well.. Freakie is also in the team. Tell 3KZ to keep bombing them long and for Cheetah to see a doctor about that rash, I like skyping with him but he must start wearing underwear.

Will hopefully see you soon

Forever your friend

pants xxx

More to follow.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in the "posted by"box. Did you write any of it?
Where is says from fb, its from me, where it says from pants, it words poured from his very soul.

The second lot of correspondence......

April 27th, 2014, BJO

DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?!?!? PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS?!? MOBBS IS GONE!!!!

How can Mobbs go?!? How can he abandon us?!? The Roys without Mobbs and Broken, are like The Beatles without John and Paul, The Matrix without Neo and Morpheus, Super Mario without Mario and Luigi, Chuds without well, whatever it is that Fred puts in them to get your vitality going, if you know what I mean. This is falling apart here pants. Wayne ‘that effing Honey Badger’ Jorgensen, just hissed and spat at me when I went for help. Reardo hasn’t been seen, neither has Fred . I had to split up an old timey boxing match between TheBrownDog and FitzroyRamone , Slax wasn’t too happy cause he had money riding on it. 3KZ spent his end of year bonus, on a mound of coke which he keeps rolling around in and making snow angels. I know he got it from your Vegas connections. How could you? Things are really fragile here. Freakie is acting the most normal out of the lot of us, which is really worrying. On top of it all on the front of the change room door was a sticker. All it said was VOTE #1 FUMBLER? Are we being taken over?

I’ve had offers to move clubs (can’t say that I am not at all offended that you never asked me to go with you), I don’t know if I should take them. Jump ship now. I just don’t know. Wish I could talk to someone. I just don’t know whats happening.

What do I do?

fb

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 29th, 2014, Hawaii
Settle the **** down FB. You'll have a heart attack. I recommend right now that you do that breathing exercise I taught you when you first moved to the club. You know the one, it was to help you hold your breath underwater but it should also help to keep you calm.

On Mobbs, I had an inkling only. When I left he gave me the usual slap on the arse and muttered "never again will I wash this hand". It's a damn shame. I refuse to believe Mobbs will stay retired and I expect him to waltz (literally) through the doors at any time and no one will ask a question and everything will be as it should. Don't be too concerned.

Reardo is fine. I actually saw him here in Hawaii (I'm having a few days off) with the obese dwarf Esmerelda. I think he is either in love or trying to get her killed. He playfully pushed her in a shark tank, The oaf!!! It's the end of the season and as you know Roy boys take longer than anyone to get back into it. The aching bones and tired legs need more time to relax, trust me if you name them they will come.

Don't blame me for what 3KZ does. He is an addict. You'll be happy to know my "contacts" sold him ordinary sugar. I'd be very concerned if Freakie is acting normal. Something is up. Keep your eyes peeled.
If you see fumbler around the club release a red balloon into the sky, he'll see it and then try to catch it. He'll forget he was even at the BJO. Don't jump ship, the Roys need you. You have to be the glue that keeps it all together. I believe in you.

Don't do anything stupid.

pants.

pantskyle it's time to face the truth, it was you who pushed Esmerelda, not Reardo.

Also, back in my "drug dependency" days, some friends of mine got bored of "regular drugs" and decided to eat a bowl of sugar each. They ended up in hospital having their stomachs pumped and are both extreme diabetics now. 3KZ is in real trouble.

Apologies all, my courier pigeon just returned, he has the key to my archives.

May 12th, BJO

Pants,

You’re never going to believe the last few weeks we’ve just had here at the BJO, I’m not sure if it has been some kind of dream, or some kind of reality prank show (I have been looking for cameras and the only one I can find is the one you left in the showers). You told me not to panic, you told me not to do anything stupid, I tried not to, I really did try. But it all just got to me, when the roys needed someone to stand up, I crumbled. I crumbled bad. Luckily for me the others around me picked up the slack.

I’ll back track a bit to bring you in the loop. 2 days after I got your letter, I was sitting in the stands around noon, doing that memory game the doc has us all doing. I had almost match the pair of buttocks when all these klaxons started going off. I nearly had a heart attack, I think Roylion actually did. This lime green corolla was tearing across the ground, with these hideous blaring noises coming out of their rooftop speakers. I trundled down the steps as the car skidded to a halt infront of the stands. I saw Volta poke his around from his easel up on the hill, growl, give someone the finger and then go back to work. Not sure who start cursing from the bathrooms (I suspect Dicky) but the things that were said would even make your mother blush (and don’t forget I was there for Christmas and heard you, icefreak and TFW all in fine form), but whoever it was never showed their face.

The car idled for a minute, until some kossacky trumpty music started coming out of the speakers, it was like the Russian front all over again. The driver side door opened, a young fella jumped out, with a medal hanging around his neck, Wacky Tiger, and he scurried around the passanger side door. A wave a realization came flooding over me, it was true, he was here, he wasn’t content with one, he wanted more. He wanted total SFA control. And there he stood, resplendent in his mankini, fumbler.

“why are you here” my voice croaked, “go back to the furies”. I swear I tried to sound strong, pants, I really did, I just didn’t have it in me.

“Oh come now, Fitzroy, you know why I am here, you know the Roys are on their last legs, let me in, let me make things right here” he smiled. Flecks of sandwich in his tache.

“We are not in trouble” I crackled. “Go away, we are as strong as we’ve ever been!” he could hear the strain in my voice, he and Wacky just laughed.

“Sure you are. Mobbs gone, Broken gone. Reardo, Fred and Freakie MIA, that damn honey badger hibernating, Mooch, 3KZ and Cheetah having a debauchery race, and the rest of you slowly going senile. That leaves poor little alone fitzroybulldog. They didn’t tell you did they, they knew I was coming, that’s why they’ve all packed up and left”

“They’re just on holiday, they’re coming back……” I trailed off

“Sure they were, now they just don’t want to be here to witness the end of the Roys. There is a new sherriff in town, okey isn’t as soft as bonce, who as we all know and a ridiculous soft spot for you old codgers. Okey has given me permission to takeover the Roys, Bring them under the BigFuryCat Inc umbrella. You’ll be looked after, fb, you’ll be well looked after”

Fumbler threw me letter, Okey’s seal, outlining fumblers plan. No more Roys, No more Gorillas, No Players over the age of 45, No more talk of Fitzroy, No more maroon. And from 5pm we would henceforth be known as the Fighting Furies Reserves. I could feel tears rolling down my eyes.

“It says we have until 5, its 1:30, and it says that this is null and void, if we can show we have a unified leadership and football department. So **** off fumbler.”

“no need to get narky, I’ll be back. You and you’re ‘elders’ better be gone, cause if you aren’t there will be no more mister nice fumbler”

s**t matlock is on………I’ll send you another soon, just can’t miss matlock.

Hearts

fb

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FB,
I specifically asked you to practice those relaxation techniques for this very reason. You are overreacting to something that you can have complete control over. I didn't leave the Roys for you to lose your nerve and not be the all important glue to keep it all together. You need to man up. No longer are you the bug eyed youth from several seasons ago, no longer are you the rookie bulldog that followed me wherever I went. I left a man in Brunswick, not an empty shell of a human being. Your crying and carrying on is something I would expect from a baby.

I'm sure you are picking yourself off of the floor right now are reeling from those truths mentioned above. Never before have I spoken to you in such a way. That shock you are in will soon be replaced with a steely resolve which only real men possess. You'll thank me for this in the future.

Still I find myself doing another favour for you. I have spoken to our new overlord okeydoke and he assures me that he has not made a deal with fumbler or the Furies in regards to the Roys. You are a victim of an elaborate plot from fumbler with no clear reasoning. Perhaps he is bored. Regardless of all that I have sent a cease and desist letter from my law firm Bearly Legal to the furies. I don't expect you will hear from them again. The Roys are now on a retainer so let me know if anything else arises that require lawyer intervention.

I wish to invite you to come to Vegas before the season starts to enjoy some well needed rest and relaxation. I promise no funny business. Ignore the troubles of Brunswick for a few weeks. You know you want to.

As previously mentioned don't worry about those that are AWOL. They all turn up at dinner time.

Always yours,

pantskyle

I've got nine unfinished series that I'm currently reading, this makes 10! This could be top of the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back