Religion The Bible: Literal, figurative, bulldust?

Remove this Banner Ad

The idea that we are made in the image of God isn’t a physical thing Roy.

That's not how the Jews / Israelites saw it. And however the Catholic Church decides to interpret the writings of the Old Testament, the Jews / Israelites saw it differently. And they wrote the Books of the Old Testament.

There is plenty of evidence that God is actually made in our image by man. Anything invented needs to have it's form established.

"God: An Anatomy" by Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou provides and explains the evidence which traces the development of the minor storm deity Yahweh into the God of Judaism and Christianity. She concludes that the Jews clearly saw Yahweh as a godlike man, in the same vein as many ancient civilisations attributed human characteristics to their deities.

God is made in the image of man.

The ancient Jews can imagine God anyone way they like .

That they can.

And Catholics can imagine God in any way they like.

Either way 'God' is a product of the human imagination in one way or another.

Roy you can draw him as a cat if you want.

I'm sure I can use my imagination to draw a very fancy cat. Just as I can use my imagination to create 'God' or 'Gods'.
It doesn’t matter.

Imagine your own 'God' in any way you like. But in the end 'God', if it exists, is still unknowable.

Last edited:

The idea that we are made in the image of God isn’t a physical thing Roy.

The ancient Jews can imagine God anyone way they like . Roy you can draw him as a cat if you want. It doesn’t matter.
You hit the nail here. Key word being 'imagine'. Do some reading on who YWH is and how the myth of Genesis came to be. HINT: It ain't an original story.

What a way to prove you are right. Quote a corrupt organisation who admitted manipulating the Bible and a bunch of kiddie fiddling ****.

Yeah that's proof.

You could pray for peace in the middle east, an end to poverty, or even halving of the homeless rate in Melbourne and still get the same response because god isn't real. Nobody is listening on the other end of the phone even if you've convinced yourself that someone is there.

In all my time arguing and debating with Christians over the net, I've only seen one person say they'd changed their worldview - they'd changed from Christianity to atheism. People don't get 'saved' through internet debates over religion.

You've got zero chance of convincing me of the virtues of faith, and I highly suspect the other non believers here are similar. We're what you'd probably call 'hard soil'.

Stay if you want to discuss and argue the accuracy of Christianity and the bible, but you're wasting your time if you think we're searching for faith and Jesus. Going back to Christianity is equally appealing as changing support to Carlton in the AFL. It's not going to happen.
Great post, but you are banging your head against the wall here. Prayers simply don't work, not even placebos. Everyone is praying for everything but except just pure random chance, nothing works. Even if it isn't for the selfish reasons. But these guys by admission said they don't care about evidence, logic, reason, science. But we are still trying and hope them to be reasonable, some day. Confirmation bias will win every single day, they aren't even aware they are biased.

Here's an article about it.
In another of the study's findings, a significantly higher number of the patients who knew that they were being prayed for -- 59 percent -- suffered complications, compared with 51 percent of those who were uncertain. The authors left open the possibility that this was a chance finding. But they said that being aware of the strangers' prayers also may have caused some of the patients a kind of performance anxiety.

"It may have made them uncertain, wondering am I so sick they had to call in their prayer team?" Dr. Bethea said.

The largest study yet on the therapeutic power of prayer by strangers has found that it provided no benefit to the recovery of patients who had undergone cardiac bypass surgery.

In an unexpected twist, patients who knew prayers were being said for them had more complications after surgery than those who did not know, researchers reported Thursday.

Strong evidence of origin of life, massive event this is. Pretty much destroys an wishful thinking about intelligent design

For the first time in at least a billion years, two lifeforms have merged into a single organism.

The process, called primary endosymbiosis, has only happened twice in the history of the Earth, with the first time giving rise to all complex life as we know it through mitochondria. The second time that it happened saw the emergence of plants.

Now, an international team of scientists have observed the evolutionary event happening between a species of algae commonly found in the ocean and a bacterium.

Evolution observed. But apparently, our heathens here claim evolution has never been observed.

Strong evidence of origin of life, massive event this is. Pretty much destroys an wishful thinking about intelligent design

For the first time in at least a billion years, two lifeforms have merged into a single organism.

The process, called primary endosymbiosis, has only happened twice in the history of the Earth, with the first time giving rise to all complex life as we know it through mitochondria. The second time that it happened saw the emergence of plants.

Now, an international team of scientists have observed the evolutionary event happening between a species of algae commonly found in the ocean and a bacterium.

Evolution observed. But apparently, our heathens here claim evolution has never been observed.
Fascinating, but you still can't prove God isn't real! :p

Fascinating, but you still can't prove God isn't real! :p
Well i can prove that none of the events in OT happened for example. NT is very shaky as well. God may or may not exist but the Biblical God (or religious one) is pretty childish anyway.

I mean humans make s**t up all the time, to explain things they can't grasp. Look at conspiracy theories for example. Its not unreasonable that religions were made up my more primitive societies to explain the natural world. As such they also contain an outdated set of morals and ideas, which either have no place in modern society, or we have better alternatives. Personal experiences are worthless as evidence as all religions claim the SAME s**t.

But natural world is fascinating once you let go of "it's magic" and observe like once in a billion year event like above. We now have OBSERVED how complex life-forms originated.

All these things validate the ToE and Charles Darwin. Another nail in the religious coffin.

Well i can prove that none of the events in OT happened for example. NT is very shaky as well. God may or may not exist but the Biblical God (or religious one) is pretty childish anyway.

I mean humans make s**t up all the time, to explain things they can't grasp. Look at conspiracy theories for example. Its not unreasonable that religions were made up my more primitive societies to explain the natural world. As such they also contain an outdated set of morals and ideas, which either have no place in modern society, or we have better alternatives. Personal experiences are worthless as evidence as all religions claim the SAME s**t.

But natural world is fascinating once you let go of "it's magic" and observe like once in a billion year event like above. We now have OBSERVED how complex life-forms originated.

All these things validate the ToE and Charles Darwin. Another nail in the religious coffin.
It always comes down to the magic with religion and the fact there's no evidence for any of it. Christian apologists will point out some evidence of the people and places in the bible as proof of its reliability; yet they can't provide any evidence for the magic that was seemingly an everyday occurrence 2000 years ago.

In Numbers 16:32-34 the ground opened up and swallowed people. Fundies will use natural disasters today as proof of god acting when there's no real link. Muslims do the exact same thing - I recall the claim that Allah was fighting for them when the US army was held up by a day from entering a city during one of the mid east wars because of a sand storm (not sure if Iraq or Afghanistan).

Have you heard of Danny Nalliah? I met him a few times during my xtian days. He claimed the black Saturday bushfires in Victoria were a result of a change in Victoria's abortion laws. It's interesting to see he's pleaded guilty to assault. So many fundie leaders like Brian Houston and his dad, Creflo dollar, and more get in trouble with the law for various forms of violent or sexual crimes.

Our human psychology pushes us into wanting concrete answers for the hows and whys of the world. We have limited cognitive functioning capacity to process the huge amount of information that filters through our senses. Knowing our environment is predictable alleviates the requirement to use our brains in that area. Fundies 'know' how humans were made, why natural disasters happen, that prayer works, that their life is in gods hands, and this life doesn't really matter because their REAL LIFE comes after they die. This life is a testing ground of sorts. The easy answers provide mental health benefits which is one of the reasons faith is so addictive to believers. The questions we ask here challenge their faith and they are unable to answer us, so they run back to the faulty schemas and illogical answers they've set up and integrated into their mind with the help of the faithful. It's also one of the reasons regular church and small group attendance is important for believers - being around people who think rationally for too long begins to put chinks in the armor of ones faith. Staying around a group of people who think like you (or at least claim to despite inner doubts) helps them to fight off the truth (which they interpret as doubts and thoughts coming from the devil).

I personally don't understand how any intelligent believer can debate knowledgeable non-believers like yourself and Roy without taking a hit to their faith. Dubsy tries his best but he's clearly outgunned here. I suspect him and Rossy have run off with tail between their legs though they'll never admit it. Admitting truth is difficult when you have faith.

The natural world has a beauty and interconnection between lifeforms/species which far surpasses any magical explanation by the Abrahamic faiths. Looking for pixies under every tree only takes away from that. Fundies are missing out on a lot in life.

Thanks for sharing that article. It's fascinating.

Last edited:
Have you heard of Danny Nalliah? I met him a few times during my xtian days. He claimed the black Saturday bushfires in Victoria were a result of a change in Victoria's abortion laws. It's interesting to see he's pleaded guilty to assault. So many fundie leaders like Brian Houston and his dad, Creflo dollar, and more get in trouble with the law for various forms of violent or sexual crimes.

But they can afford to commit such crimes, cause they can always repent and be forgiven and go to heaven. Imagine the life of a little child they raped who is now an atheist and now she is going to hell for non-belief. It's a ***** belief system.
Deities seem to be extremely tolerant of their corrupt and self-serving clergy. "As long as you believe in me........"...i asked this question multiple times in this thread and literally never got an answer. It actually bugs me that Hitler may be in heaven as he might have repented yet Hitchens might be in hell for being true to his conscience.

Our human psychology pushes us into wanting concrete answers for the hows and whys of the world. We have limited cognitive functioning capacity to process the huge amount of information that filters through our senses. Knowing our environment is predictable alleviates the requirement to use our brains in that area. Fundies 'know' how humans were made, why natural disasters happen, that prayer works, that their life is in gods hands, and this life doesn't really matter because their REAL LIFE comes after they die.

Yep everything to die for, as VD said 'what plans Jesus has for me, in this life.....'...yeah sure. It's a game they can't lose. "God saved from me from ..........(insert your claim) and blessed me and protected me" but can't solve any of the real world problems cause of people sinning all the time. It's always personal. It's always me or my mother or my friend and anecdotal s**t. When you mention prayers, when the **** has prayers solved any real problem? except for helping your friend get a job or life etc?

If you have evidence to demonstrate that your god is the author of all and that nothing can exist without your god then show me the evidence. Your personal conviction is not evidence of anything except that you're convinced

This life is a testing ground of sorts. The easy answers provide mental health benefits which is one of the reasons faith is so addictive to believers. The questions we ask here challenge their faith and they are unable to answer us, so they run back to the faulty schemas and illogical answers they've set up and integrated into their mind with the help of the faithful. It's also one of the reasons regular church and small group attendance is important for believers - being around people who think rationally for too long begins to put chinks in the armor of ones faith. Staying around a group of people who think like you (or at least claim to despite inner doubts) helps them to fight off the truth (which they interpret as doubts and thoughts coming from the devil).

Completely agree, i really got nothing to add to what you just said.

I personally don't understand how any intelligent believer can debate knowledgeable non-believers like yourself and Roy without taking a hit to their faith. Dubsy tries his best but he's clearly outgunned here. I suspect him and Rossy have run off with tail between their legs though they'll never admit it. Admitting truth is difficult when you have faith.
I have been on my hands and knees here basically ,replying against science, reason, logic and everything that we have known so far in our 100,000 years of history. I dug up older myths to show Genesis was copied, i showed how Trinity was a made up concept, how Original sin came 300 years later, Exodus never happened, the resurrection story was made up as it evolved from gospel to gospel and yet if it was true why didn't anyone mention how a man woke up from the dead walked into a town to prove he is divine till 100 years later?

All swept under the carpet as i am just a mere human and i must not question these things.

Whatelse can i say really?

The natural world has a beauty and interconnection between lifeforms/species which far surpasses any magical explanation by the Abrahamic faiths. Looking for pixies under every tree only takes away from that. Fundies are missing out on a lot in life.

Thanks for sharing that article. It's fascinating.

Gods are ALWAYS limited by the tech and specially technology of the 'times' of the people who believe them.

The Christian god didn't shoot down laser beams or a death ray or whatever to kill people, he dropped boulders from the sky. The Christian god didn't have Noah build a spaceship, just a wooden boat that wouldn't even be seaworthy. That was one of the first things I noticed when I was about 13 years old, and what eventually caused me to question it.

Natural world is indeed fascinating and imagine if we left everything to this lot, 'god did it' explained everything. Now i want some of these posters in this thread to prove how the above merging of 2 lifeforms didn't happen as that would disprove evolution.

Crickets.....as everyone left the building as VD by his own admission felt a lot of compassion for us for not believing in his fairy tales.

But they can afford to commit such crimes, cause they can always repent and be forgiven and go to heaven. Imagine the life of a little child they raped who is now an atheist and now she is going to hell for non-belief. It's a ***** belief system.
Deities seem to be extremely tolerant of their corrupt and self-serving clergy. "As long as you believe in me........"...i asked this question multiple times in this thread and literally never got an answer. It actually bugs me that Hitler may be in heaven as he might have repented yet Hitchens might be in hell for being true to his conscience.
Very true. There's going to be a lot of kiddy fiddler priests in Heaven. All the good people seem headed towards Hell!

I listened to something interesting about theistic Satanism yesterday. Apparently they believe the devil and god are real and had a war up in gods realm, but that god lost the war and his position was usurped by satan. The new god (the devil) wrote his story in his way in the bible, so Christians are really worshipping the bad guy!

It actually makes a lot of sense. The god of the bible is jealous, violent, drowned almost every human and animal, tortures people in Hell, wipes out entire people groups, allows virgin girls to be kept as spoil of war. It's almost like god is the bad guy, isn't it?

I could buy into that if I was a theist. The devil is clearly the good guy of the 'good book'.
Yep everything to die for, as VD said 'what plans Jesus has for me, in this life.....'...yeah sure. It's a game they can't lose. "God saved from me from ..........(insert your claim) and blessed me and protected me" but can't solve any of the real world problems cause of people sinning all the time. It's always personal. It's always me or my mother or my friend and anecdotal s*t. When you mention prayers, when the *** has prayers solved any real problem? except for helping your friend get a job or life etc?

If you have evidence to demonstrate that your god is the author of all and that nothing can exist without your god then show me the evidence. Your personal conviction is not evidence of anything except that you're convinced
They have the truth and we've been blinded to it. Blah blah blah.
Completely agree, i really got nothing to add to what you just said.

I have been on my hands and knees here basically ,replying against science, reason, logic and everything that we have known so far in our 100,000 years of history. I dug up older myths to show Genesis was copied, i showed how Trinity was a made up concept, how Original sin came 300 years later, Exodus never happened, the resurrection story was made up as it evolved from gospel to gospel and yet if it was true why didn't anyone mention how a man woke up from the dead walked into a town to prove he is divine till 100 years later?

All swept under the carpet as i am just a mere human and i must not question these things.

Whatelse can i say really?
Since you've been blinded to the truth, the information you provide is tainted by the devil. In the garden of Eden, the serpent tempted Adam and Eve away from god through questioning. When Jesus was tempted by the devil, it was through questioning.

They see us as vessels of the devil.
Gods are ALWAYS limited by the tech and specially technology of the 'times' of the people who believe them.

The Christian god didn't shoot down laser beams or a death ray or whatever to kill people, he dropped boulders from the sky. The Christian god didn't have Noah build a spaceship, just a wooden boat that wouldn't even be seaworthy. That was one of the first things I noticed when I was about 13 years old, and what eventually caused me to question it.
That's really clever. I haven't thought of it before - you were a smart kid!
Natural world is indeed fascinating and imagine if we left everything to this lot, 'god did it' explained everything. Now i want some of these posters in this thread to prove how the above merging of 2 lifeforms didn't happen as that would disprove evolution.

Crickets.....as everyone left the building as VD by his own admission felt a lot of compassion for us for not believing in his fairy tales.
Dubsy stopped responding to most of my posts towards the end, and I wasn't rude to him. They left because they know they have no answers and they can't save us. Dubsy will go find somewhere else to try sell that rusty old car!

Very true. There's going to be a lot of kiddy fiddler priests in Heaven. All the good people seem headed towards Hell!

I listened to something interesting about theistic Satanism yesterday. Apparently they believe the devil and god are real and had a war up in gods realm, but that god lost the war and his position was usurped by satan. The new god (the devil) wrote his story in his way in the bible, so Christians are really worshipping the bad guy!

It actually makes a lot of sense. The god of the bible is jealous, violent, drowned almost every human and animal, tortures people in Hell, wipes out entire people groups, allows virgin girls to be kept as spoil of war. It's almost like god is the bad guy, isn't it?

Because the bible authors were unconcerned with human well being. They didn't care about things like individual freedom. They didn't value knowledge. They valued unquestioning obedience to their authority. They believed the world was encoded with arbitrary rules by a single god with incredible power. The God wanted obedience and the arbitrary rules proved our subjugation.

that's why god kills a man for trying to stop the ark of the covenant from falling and breaking. god said don't touch it not make sure it's safe. It's why God simply orders that no one believe in other gods and obey and praise it. It's why Job is good for always following God no matter what happens and is told not to question.

It's understandable in an authoritarian patriarchy and monarchy. This is why disobeying God is much worse and is not justified by learning and knowledge. It's why the failure to hurt anyone is completely irrelevant.

This is why i am better off without the Bible. I make sure i hurt nobody with my actions and words first. If i am sent to hell for not obeying the narcissist, i am happy to go to hell if this lot is going to heaven.

I could buy into that if I was a theist. The devil is clearly the good guy of the 'good book'.

Totally. What's there not to like? we all * up. Accept me, repent and go to heaven. Same as Islam. No fearing death, no fearing injustice, no fear at all. If you talk about marketing i don't think there's been a better snake oil salesman in the history than Paul. Not only he convinced his persecutors that he was dealing with the divine, 2000 years later some people still believe in him.

They have the truth and we've been blinded to it. Blah blah blah.

This is the reason why Eastern Religions and inherently better. Buddha himself said not to believe in anything cause authorities told you so, reason must be applied to everything. There is almost no worse characteristic I believe a person can have than this kind of “faith”. This kind of obedience has caused an unimaginable amount of pain and misery throughout human history. Whether it be Nazis claiming “I was just following orders” at their war crime trials or believing that homosexuals are evil just because a book written thousands of years ago tells you that they are; blind obedience has done nothing but to lead us to do terrible things.

Talk about imperialism, they all came here with their Bible. I am indigenous, they killed off our religion, raped and pillaged us and then tried to teach us the Bible. Same as they did everywhere else (Africa, the Americas, Asia). Cause they were just trying to spread the 'good news'.

If you wish to masturbate, keep your hands to yourself. This is what religion never does.

Since you've been blinded to the truth, the information you provide is tainted by the devil. In the garden of Eden, the serpent tempted Adam and Eve away from god through questioning. When Jesus was tempted by the devil, it was through questioning.

The Devil didn't tempt Adam, the devil convinced Eve to eat the fruit. Eve convinced Adam. So much for free will that the entire humanity is cursed for using it.

Strawman fairy tale stories, do they think twice? How can an omnipotent being NOT know that will happen?

They see us as vessels of the devil.

That's really clever. I haven't thought of it before - you were a smart kid!

Dubsy stopped responding to most of my posts towards the end, and I wasn't rude to him. They left because they know they have no answers and they can't save us. Dubsy will go find somewhere else to try sell that rusty old car!

I never got any answers from VD outside of quoting more Bible verses and saying 'God is great' and more anecdotes. I asked him to prove Genesis is correct, Exodus happened, Jesus knew about Trinity etc etc but nope none coming and then he asks me 'you sound angry'. I have been trying 5 years to get an answer from him outside of tele-evanglist bullshit.

Ask them what Trinity is. None of them know or could answer. Jesus himself didn't believe in it cause he didn't know many things as well. So how is he 100% god? All they do is confuse Trinity with modalism, but it must be right cause the church told me so.

As i told you, if you look at the Bible, it becomes clear God had no idea about technology. Why didn't God know any better than the goat herders of iron age? Unfortunately you will never get answers to these questions outside of more abuse and adhoms.

Because the bible authors were unconcerned with human well being. They didn't care about things like individual freedom. They didn't value knowledge. They valued unquestioning obedience to their authority. They believed the world was encoded with arbitrary rules by a single god with incredible power. The God wanted obedience and the arbitrary rules proved our subjugation.

that's why god kills a man for trying to stop the ark of the covenant from falling and breaking. god said don't touch it not make sure it's safe. It's why God simply orders that no one believe in other gods and obey and praise it. It's why Job is good for always following God no matter what happens and is told not to question.

It's understandable in an authoritarian patriarchy and monarchy. This is why disobeying God is much worse and is not justified by learning and knowledge. It's why the failure to hurt anyone is completely irrelevant.

This is why i am better off without the Bible. I make sure i hurt nobody with my actions and words first. If i am sent to hell for not obeying the narcissist, i am happy to go to hell if this lot is going to heaven.

Totally. What's there not to like? we all * up. Accept me, repent and go to heaven. Same as Islam. No fearing death, no fearing injustice, no fear at all. If you talk about marketing i don't think there's been a better snake oil salesman in the history than Paul. Not only he convinced his persecutors that he was dealing with the divine, 2000 years later some people still believe in him.

This is the reason why Eastern Religions and inherently better. Buddha himself said not to believe in anything cause authorities told you so, reason must be applied to everything. There is almost no worse characteristic I believe a person can have than this kind of “faith”. This kind of obedience has caused an unimaginable amount of pain and misery throughout human history. Whether it be Nazis claiming “I was just following orders” at their war crime trials or believing that homosexuals are evil just because a book written thousands of years ago tells you that they are; blind obedience has done nothing but to lead us to do terrible things.

Talk about imperialism, they all came here with their Bible. I am indigenous, they killed off our religion, raped and pillaged us and then tried to teach us the Bible. Same as they did everywhere else (Africa, the Americas, Asia). Cause they were just trying to spread the 'good news'.

If you wish to masturbate, keep your hands to yourself. This is what religion never does.

The Devil didn't tempt Adam, the devil convinced Eve to eat the fruit. Eve convinced Adam. So much for free will that the entire humanity is cursed for using it.

Strawman fairy tale stories, do they think twice? How can an omnipotent being NOT know that will happen?

I never got any answers from VD outside of quoting more Bible verses and saying 'God is great' and more anecdotes. I asked him to prove Genesis is correct, Exodus happened, Jesus knew about Trinity etc etc but nope none coming and then he asks me 'you sound angry'. I have been trying 5 years to get an answer from him outside of tele-evanglist bullshit.

Ask them what Trinity is. None of them know or could answer. Jesus himself didn't believe in it cause he didn't know many things as well. So how is he 100% god? All they do is confuse Trinity with modalism, but it must be right cause the church told me so.

As i told you, if you look at the Bible, it becomes clear God had no idea about technology. Why didn't God know any better than the goat herders of iron age? Unfortunately you will never get answers to these questions outside of more abuse and adhoms.
Two things I could never really make sense of as an apparently mature xtian were
1. The trinity.
2. How a loving god could send anyone to Hell for eternity.

The answers make zero sense. In respect to the Trinity, how many personalities can be inside one god? Does he have Dissociative Identity Disorder? Why did Jesus say the father is greater than him if they're the same god?

Common answers are: you've just gotta have faith or god is mysterious.

Even a child knows you don't torture someone that you love. It's the kind of abusive s**t and gaslighting that violent men pull on their partners and children.

Eventually you have to conclude that god doesn't love everyone. It does say in the bible that he loved Jacob and hated Esau. You can see why when you read the account of gods treatment of the twins - what a horrible father he is.

As for Adam and Eve, of course Eve would get blamed given misogynistic goatherders wrote the story. Women get the rough end of the deal right throughout the bible, even in the NT when they're told not to talk in church. It's a wonder any women still follow fundamentalist Christianity.

Christians get bonus pieces of sky pie every time someone buys the rusty old car. It really is a cultural weed and Islam is much the same. The sooner organised religion dies off, the better. While religions like Scientology are more directly destructive, Abrahamic religions are amongst the worst of the weeds because of how quickly they grow and spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things I could never really make sense of as an apparently mature xtian were
1. The trinity.

The answers make zero sense. In respect to the Trinity, how many personalities can be inside one god? Does he have Dissociative Identity Disorder? Why did Jesus say the father is greater than him if they're the same god?

That's the thing, if they are all 100% god, why was Jesus under 'authority' to do stuff and said he can't do anything on his own except his fathers will? why was he praying to his father? why asking his father questions? why he didn't know what will happen? why he read the OT and memorised, a book he inspired apparently?

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity."
Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, July 30 1816

1. The trinity.

Common answers are: you've just gotta have faith or god is mysterious.

Even a child knows you don't torture someone that you love. It's the kind of abusive s**t and gaslighting that violent men pull on their partners and children.

Eventually you have to conclude that god doesn't love everyone. It does say in the bible that he loved Jacob and hated Esau. You can see why when you read the account of gods treatment of the twins - what a horrible father he is.

As for Adam and Eve, of course Eve would get blamed given misogynistic goatherders wrote the story. Women get the rough end of the deal right throughout the bible, even in the NT when they're told not to talk in church. It's a wonder any women still follow fundamentalist Christianity.

Christians get bonus pieces of sky pie every time someone buys the rusty old car. It really is a cultural weed and Islam is much the same. The sooner organised religion dies off, the better. While religions like Scientology are more directly destructive, Abrahamic religions are amongst the worst of the weeds because of how quickly they grow and spread.

Keep trying . The trinity isn’t hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back