The Big Adventure

Remove this Banner Ad

ABitWoofy

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just saw a short commercial advertising what seems to be a new Survivor style show starting soon on ch 7.

No doubt it will be rubbish if its a local production but anyone have any details?

so did anyone watch the first episode tonight? it wasn't too bad 12 people with the chance to dig for a key for a chest that contains 1 million dollars. There are team challenges and individual challenges like survivor. Eliminations occur when teams are picked for the next team challenge with the last person being picked is the one that's sent home

Wow, what did I just watch? Basically it's a mix between Escape from Scorpion Island and Survivor. The first challenge is probably the most overused and overrated challenge thinkable.

I can understand why Paul wasn't picked. Being a complete 'dick' (though I can understand what he means, when telling people to clean up) and being one of the most likely competitors to win this competition.

One thing I can't understand. What happens if you get eliminated, and already have the winning key. What happens in this situation?

One thing I can't understand. What happens if you get eliminated, and already have the winning key. What happens in this situation?
thats where i think tactics come into it. If that TC bloke wins 2 keys in a row, the next time he doesnt win a chance to dig, the two captains will leave him last to be picked and eliminate him. You dont want one person with 2 many keys. I figure that eliminated contestants will still get a chance to try their keys at the end of the show.

The trouble i see with the format of this show is how do the producers plan how many episodes the show goes for? There are 24 spaces on the grid to dig for keys, and each winning contestant gets a maximum of 3 spaces to dig. So should the worst case scenario occur, the show could potentially only go for 8 episodes. The other flaw in the format i see is what if every challenge winning contestant digs up a key with their first space? That would mean that 11 keys could be dug up in 11 episodes, leaving 13 spaces remaining. You could have 3 more challenge winning contestants thereafter dig up nothing. So my maths means that the show could go for as little as 8 episodes, or as many as 14. How do the producers plan challenges for that? It would be tough to make things up on the fly, so it will be interesting to see how the show is resolved. TV producers generally want everything to run to a specific time schedule.

As for the cast, Jess already gives me the shits. Is absolutely full of herself. Getting way too much screen time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, what? The ending was a real shock.

If you get eliminated from the comp, and have a key, you must give it to someone else, they can't do this to the last person, can they?

The show has turned into Big Brother set in a tropical location with heaps of emphasis on the Friday Night Live that Channel Ten used to do.

Todd wins the opportunity to dig, three digs, three misses. Lol.

Picks Von to join him in the Suite. Everyone says that Von will listen to Todd when choosing teams

Paula and Sean move to blue, Annalies moves to Orange.

Dane (disabled brother guy) gets eliminated. Wow didn't see that happening. And seeing Todd's reaction as compared to Von's reaction to this decision was so shocking.

Any bets Todd goes next for what he did.

well thats probably the last episode of this show that i will watch. So a contestant could EARN 3 keys and make it all the way to the final 3 or 4, and then get eliminated and have to give up his keys to someone else.... such a stupid *ingg format I cant believe thats how they are running it.

Whats more, the men on this show are completely stupid. TC and the bloke he chose as the opposing captain in the first episode set a precedent that the strongest competitors will always get eliminated. And now Von and Todd have followed that precedent by eliminating another strong male. Surely these blokes realise that this means their head will be on the chopping block sooner rather than later. But apparently to Todd, eliminating Dane was a no-brainer...

Worse still, now 2 blokes have been eliminated already, the women have a numbers majority, so if they want to do the girl power thing then they can stick together and eliminate the men at will. Basically, we are going to end up with the worst competitors at the end of this series and it will be all women.

No thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back