The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's that overly attached girlfriend, isn't he?

aput8.jpg

View attachment 70820
SUBS: Ochoa/Jones, Flanagan, Sakho, Allen, Coutinho, Markovic, Lambert

REST OF SQUAD: Jones, Toure, Ilori, Enrique, Suso, Borini

This is how I expect to line up. Anyone I left out is sold. That looks strong to me. We don't need to sign another big name striker if he doesn't suit. For a while I was pessimistic but looking closer at our side makes me confident. Our bench looks strong as well.
I dont think we will line up like that. A midfield trio of Gerrard/Hendo/Can wont be played much IMO. That lineup lacks creativity through midfield so expect Can to find the bench and for Coutinho to start in front of Gerrard/Hendo.

Can can play anywhere in midfield and will likely be a replacement for Henderson or Gerrard in games rather than play with them. Or you will see him start cup games with Joe Allen or Lucas if he stays. But in that midfield three, you will always need a creator at the top of the triangle. So Coutinho, Sterling, Suso etc..

I dont think we will line up like that. A midfield trio of Gerrard/Hendo/Can wont be played much IMO. That lineup lacks creativity through midfield so expect Can to find the bench and for Coutinho to start in front of Gerrard/Hendo.

Can can play anywhere in midfield and will likely be a replacement for Henderson or Gerrard in games rather than play with them. Or you will see him start cup games with Joe Allen or Lucas if he stays. But in that midfield three, you will always need a creator at the top of the triangle. So Coutinho, Sterling, Suso etc..

Not necessarily. Henderson played that role to great effect at times last season.

Some day you'd think about starting a setup similar to City's, basically having Henderson and Can in midfield with all of Coutinho Sterling Markovic and the likes in front with one up top, or even just a classic 4-4-2 with Lambert

It's one way to rest Gerrard and see what two box to box high energy mids can offer on their own while letting us field as many attacking players as possible
Definitely an idea to explore in the future but first we would have make sure Hendo and Can have the discipline and the tactical nous to know when to defend and when to get forward. Gerrard just sits so Henderson doesnt have to worry too much. Without that blanket there, Hendo would have to a lot more tactically adept at sitting back and knowing when to stick and when to twist. He is certainly capable though, as is Can.

Not necessarily. Henderson played that role to great effect at times last season.
No he didnt?? He played further forward than Gerrard but that was only because he was box to box or if the triangle was flipped to have two in front of Gerrard so Hendo would get much more forward. But he never played in front of two midfielders like Gerrard/Lucas or Gerrard/Allen. Very rarely did that happen.

Geez, there is a fair bit of crap being written these last few weeks. Thank goodness for the World Cup or we would've had months of this...

Now for something far more sensible: Can we use Origi to poach Lukaku for $25m?

No he didnt?? He played further forward than Gerrard but that was only because he was box to box or if the triangle was flipped to have two in front of Gerrard so Hendo would get much more forward. But he never played in front of two midfielders like Gerrard/Lucas or Gerrard/Allen. Very rarely did that happen.

So in one sentence you say it never happened then in the very next sentence you concede it did happen.

He was often the most advanced of a midfield three in the first half of last season (usually with Lucas and Gerrard sitting) before Rodgers flipped the triangle to integrete Gerrard in to his new role.

Henderson's best performance of last season was in that advanced role when he constantly ran beyond Spurs high defence in that 5-0 win at WHL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in one sentence you say it never happened then in the very next sentence you concede it did happen.

He was often the most advanced of a midfield three in the first half of last season (usually with Lucas and Gerrard sitting) before Rodgers flipped the triangle to integrete Gerrard in to his new role.

Henderson's best performance of last season was in that advanced role when he constantly ran beyond Spurs high defence in that 5-0 win at WHL.
Thanks for reminding me of that game, gotta rewatch. Damn last season was good.

Thought he left because of his injury, but even last season Rodgers loaned him out when we already had a s**t bench, can't be rating him too highly. Should be encouraging him to move on for the 14 mil

Plus I don't think he'll ever be good enough for the Liverpool Football club

I'm pretty sure Rodgers said he was fine after the game didn't he?

Bruising wasn't it? It is a bit strange to leave a tour due to bruising

I would be surprised if he stays here by the end of the window, think the club would be telling him that he is surplus to requirements anyway

This has a bit of last season's summer window feel to it, we needed a CB, desperately, after Carra retired. We only had Kolo Toure and there were worrying talks that we might actually go in thinking he'd do fine as a starting CB. Then we signed Sakho on Aug 30th

This strikers thing could drag. If we sell Borini and agger for around 25 mil, then we should definitely be bringing in two attacking players

Henderson plays his best football next to Gerrard as a box to box. You wont be seeing him playing that attacking role in a midfield three. He will be behind a Coutinho, Suso, Sterling.

Stuzza and Lambo start up top, Coutinho Allen Henderson Gerrard in the middle, light back four and Brad Jones..

Jones, Kelly, Toure, Coates, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Lambert, Sturridge

Honestly think the Bertrand to Southampton news is the best I've heard all week. It's not my money so I hope the club stump up the few extra mil for Moreno. May be setting a dangerous precedent but if he's our number one choice then it's bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back