The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bx_zCFkIMAESRTK.png

No point in me stating the obvious week after week.

Lovren is ******* terrible. Boringi and his two touches, what a shitcampaigner.

Out of all the shitness that happened I noticed 2 things, 1 good and 1 bad.

The good is Balo is really good with the ball, controls it well makes good passes and seems dangerous around goal (when he's close that is).

The bad is Sakho seems to try and do to much with the ball. He'll try and get around the defender and then pass to a teammate under pressure who has to rush and clear it. Sakho should just Topor-Stanley the ball away when under pressure.

This is Roy Hodgson stuff, that's how s**t we are at the moment.

All 3 of our central defenders were awful. They all have big flaws individually.

Our midfielders are not offering enough support as a 2nd line of defense.

When you have an out of form keeper as well, it's a perfect storm of defensive problems.

Seems like teams know exactly how to play us now.

Sakho more through balls than Gerrard

For a guy who's suppose to be deep lying midfielder he somehow managed to give us zero going forward and zero going back, 0 tackles?

Just look at his heatmap and that'll give you the answer. That is generally the heatmap of someone like Allen after coming on in the 75th minute, not your deep lying mid that has been playing for 90+ minutes.

Mignolet, Lovren, Lucas, Borini, Lambert, Gerrard, and even Balotelli to a certain extent are all either way past it or are never going to be good enough to take this team to be a European powerhouse. As soon as Can comes back from injury we need to slowly start playing Stevie out of the team. He is a liability

Okay last season was so good, so endlessly entertaining, played a brand of football unlike any other Liverpool team before it, that my expectations must've been way too high and out of whack

Just need to go back to non-expectation mode like for most the past half dozen years and I feel much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll point out the obvious. Lovren is that kid that thinks he knows it all(like me! :straining:) and tells everyone to leave him alone. Instead, he needs all the help he can get before causing a major disaster

Lovren's that kid that shouts "It's okay I got this!" in every trivia night and proceed to get all his answers wrong

Borini is that boyfriend who just wouldn't take the hint

Gerrard is that 76 year old cricketer at your local club whom everyone loves and respects, and everytime he bats at 5 and gets a duck we can only smile and laugh with him

Lovren's that kid that shouts "It's okay I got this!" in every trivia night and proceed to get all his answers wrong

Borini is that boyfriend who just wouldn't take the hint

Gerrard is that 76 year old cricketer at your local club whom everyone loves and respects, and everytime he bats at 5 and gets a duck we can only smile and laugh with him
what kid is doing a trivia night

Boringi is that boyfriend who just wouldn't take the hint

I'd say Boringi is more like that one friend who no one really talks to or likes that much that goes to parties with you and sort of stands behind you in the circle because no one will talk with him and then when he goes home he thinks "what a great party, my friends are awesome".

homer-at-the-bat-picture.png

Rodgers is Mr. Burns in that episode. Spends $100m and all the players get either injured or disappear into some worm hole. The $100m starting team only has one player left.

Sooooo how will we concede our 3 goals in the derby?

Lovren will try an overhead kick clearance and slice it in his own net

Skrtel will try to chase Naismith down outside the box, his pants drop to the ground and ends up tripping himself, Naismith subsequently goes clean through on goal and scores

Mignolet hits a backpass to Lukaku because he thinks it was Sakho (who got subbed on)

As much as I love the free-flowing attacking football we play when we are on our game, I do miss the defensive solidity we enjoyed under Rafa. I think we had 10 clean sheets in a row at one stage in 2005/06. Nowadays we keep one clean sheet in 10 games. :$:(

Sooooo how will we concede our 3 goals in the derby?

Lovren will try an overhead kick clearance and slice it in his own net

Skrtel will try to chase Naismith down outside the box, his pants drop to the ground and ends up tripping himself, Naismith subsequently goes clean through on goal and scores

Mignolet hits a backpass to Lukaku because he thinks it was Sakho (who got subbed on)
January to bust last year was a great time to be alive, but I take it we're back to business as usual at Liverpool this season.

Rodgers needs a re-think as to how he wants us to play. Wants us to play a high possession game building from the back, yet we can't find a way to get the ball inside the opposition half, never mind outside their box and it eventually ends up in Lovren or Gerrard hoisting a long ball up field turning it over. So insipid in attack, just the 1 shot on target in the entire game against Villa, had 1 shot on target to half time yesterday too. I was pretty confident we could've maintained our position as a really good team based on the pacey players we got, but i am starting to think that he's bought the wrong players because Rodgers doesn't seem to be setting our play up to utilise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back