The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling should have had a hattrick. Probably scored the hardest one! Nice to see him back in some form.

Interestingly Rodgers started with Coutinho in the false 9 spot and not Raheem. We were basically playing a la the spain national team (Edit: in that we had no striker) circa 2010 without the personnel obviously...

Lovren and Johnson were again less than polished but credit where it is due they have a clean sheet to their name. Credit due more to Migs though. Overall they were bad more than we were good but 3 points is 3 points and we certainly needed them.

Ill take it. We controlled most of the game. We had a small wobble but for probably near on 75 minutes we had complete control over proceedings. Sterling's goal was a peach. He should have had two more too. He somehow missed a one on one from four yards and then Hendo's ball in from a free kick put it on a platter for him and he managed the thrash that wide too.

Moreno is a much better full back than wingback. He has been good the last two games. I thought Johnson was solid and Can was solid also, aswell as pretty good rampaging forward out of defence when he switches on his midfield button.

Lovren though. I want to get behind him I really do but he just isnt up to it. He gave away a penalty which amazingly the ref ignored. Then that weird header in the second half? All alone down back he just cushioned it down for a Newcastle player. He is a disaster waiting to happen. Thank god Skrtel is back. If we continue to go with four at the back, at least Skrtel can partner Can now.

Coutinho is ridiculous though. He was my man of the match. Cant wait for an every touch video or even just some gifs or vines with some of his ridiculous bits of skill he was doing throughout the match.

But overall, key win for us. It heaps pressure on a faltering City for fourth place. It's back to back wins and clean sheets to build confidence back up after the horrible back to back losses to rivals. Now we can head to Wembley for a day out with real belief and confidence and hopefully have a great day and reach the final.

I couldn't wake up at the death time for this one but the highlights seemed like we were attacking much better which is another small step in the young attackers growing together, but they still seem to have no awareness of each others positioning. I always think to how BR says he expects them to use their talent to finish when it counts but what about team goals? Our players never seem to know where to run to put the ball in.

P.S. Raheem wanted a song? :D

That's brilliant.

I did think it was good to hear Raheem talk about how much he loves playing at Anfield though, and how he hopes to hear the Kop sing a song about him one day. That sounds to me like someone who sees a long term future here.

A lot of 'journalists' have been speaking on his behalf in recent weeks and putting words in his mouth, it's good to hear from the man himself that he's happy at the club. I'm really looking forward to watching him grow over the coming years, he's got a big future in a Liverpool shirt and could end up as one of the great names to have graced this club over the years.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/raheem-sterling-want-song-kop-9031112

Now get us the winner at Wembley on Sunday lad!

Last edited:
That new kit looks like it belongs to a team in the second division Taiwanese league. My favourite home kits in order would have to be:
new-liverpool-shirt.gif

This had a really good sleeve cut, it wasn't straight and fits so well.

17649.jpg

Liverpool-New-1.png

I actually own all this years tops and the black polo makes a pretty damn good golf shirt.

That last Warrior kit is one of the best home kits we've ever had in my opinion.
Please tell me we're talking about:
It's a great kit. But our best?
I'm currently wearing the shorts that accompany it :)

Anyway, we have these kits to look forward to for next season.
new-balance-liverpool-15-16-away-kit.jpg
Liverpool-2015-16-3rd-shirt.jpg

Here's hoping that the pattern on the third isn't that visible (and here's hoping that New Balance do something similar to this cheap knock-off ;) )

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by the boys. Dominated the first half and should of been further in front at half time. Coutinho is a gun and his first half was pure class. Lovren still makes me as nervous as a 5 yo boy at catholic priest convention.

We're still in the hunt for top 4 but only just.

It'd be a blow if Sturridge is ruled out for the Cup Semi on Sunday. I know his form hasn't been great but at the very least he'd be a dangerous option off the bench.

i think all of warrior's kits have looked great, when you look back at footage of these seasons it'll only look good. i'm a huge fan of the white manufacturer badge and sponsor with the gold Liverbird so the last one of theirs takes the cake for mine. but I personally thrashed the first one with the collar (and Suarez on the back). that was Carra's last season and I stupidly didn't pick up that shirt with him on the back when they were going for like 30 bucks on the LFC store, now that s**t is a massive collectors.

I couldn't wake up at the death time for this one but the highlights seemed like we were attacking much better which is another small step in the young attackers growing together, but they still seem to have no awareness of each others positioning. I always think to how BR says he expects them to use their talent to finish when it counts but what about team goals? Our players never seem to know where to run to put the ball in.

P.S. Raheem wanted a song? :D

I knew it would backfire hahah

i think all of warrior's kits have looked great, when you look back at footage of these seasons it'll only look good. i'm a huge fan of the white manufacturer badge and sponsor with the gold Liverbird so the last one of theirs takes the cake for mine. but I personally thrashed the first one with the collar (and Suarez on the back). that was Carra's last season and I stupidly didn't pick up that shirt with him on the back when they were going for like 30 bucks on the LFC store, now that s**t is a massive collectors.

IMO they dont compare with the adidas kits. quality of fabric and look wise.

definitely, the adidas quality is supreme, but to put it nicely the warrior shirts are more forgiving on the non-athletes..!

Please tell me we're talking about:

It's a great kit. But our best?
I'm currently wearing the shorts that accompany it :)

Anyway, we have these kits to look forward to for next season.
new-balance-liverpool-15-16-away-kit.jpg
Liverpool-2015-16-3rd-shirt.jpg

Here's hoping that the pattern on the third isn't that visible (and here's hoping that New Balance do something similar to this cheap knock-off ;) )
That away kit next season is so sexy. Imma get it with Emre Can on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back