The Bigfooty Week 24 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Luka is gone. What a mess from the Dallas organisation.

Should never have hired Kidd in the first place after being awful in Milwaukee, let alone after hitting his wife. Then you put a ball dominant Kyrie Irving in the backcourt next to Luka. Every decision that org has made, has been awful.
The kyrie thing isn't the failure people are making out it is, it is the rest of the roster that is dog s**t. The pairing hasn't even been the problem. It is the rest of the disgusting roster!

The kyrie thing isn't the failure people are making out it is, it is the rest of the roster that is dog s**t. The pairing hasn't even been the problem. It is the rest of the disgusting roster!
It's the fact you give up so much to GET Kyrie and Kyrie himself isn't even worth it.

So yes the pairing is a problem, because it's a flow on effect of what is given up to get him & keep him (Salary).

My 'metric' (generous term) is just composed of the basic box score stats and wins, nothing really advanced. Jokic is only ahead by so much because he plays every game.

Embiid is the best player per game last I checked but has missed too many games to keep it a close race.

Thats not a new thing for a player to miss out on MVP votes or even just All NBA votes because of durability.
Embiid has played 6 less games than Jokic. I think that narrative is being overplayed a fair bit.

It's the fact you give up so much to GET Kyrie and Kyrie himself isn't even worth it.

So yes the pairing is a problem, because it's a flow on effect of what is given up to get him & keep him (Salary).
I mean is it that much? Doe is nice but he isn't a game changer, the only big asset was a 2029 first and i don't think it is a great asset

“It's really not fair every night,” Gobert said. "I have been in this league for 10 years and I try to always give the benefit of the doubt, but it is hard for me to think that they are not trying to help (the Suns) win tonight.

What a time!

I mean is it that much? Doe is nice but he isn't a game changer, the only big asset was a 2029 first and i don't think it is a great asset
It's the entire transactions leading up to this point since Luka was drafted as well though. Kyrie's salary is also going to mean it's unlikely Dallas can do a lot moving forward.

So you have a combo that isn't that great IMO, no good pieces on the bench and a crap HC.

Luka should leave ASAP.

It's the entire transactions leading up to this point since Luka was drafted as well though. Kyrie's salary is also going to mean it's unlikely Dallas can do a lot moving forward.

So you have a combo that isn't that great IMO, no good pieces on the bench and a crap HC.

Luka should leave ASAP.
Oh they have ****ed up previously, i just think people are using the Kyrie reputation to bash that.

The Wood deal is worse, they traded for him to just keep him in the dog house all year.

“It's really not fair every night,” Gobert said. "I have been in this league for 10 years and I try to always give the benefit of the doubt, but it is hard for me to think that they are not trying to help (the Suns) win tonight.

What a time!
I was pretty mad at some hardcore flops from Okogie/KD to wrest the momentum back when we were up by a bit, but we deserved to lose in the end. Refs had nothing to do with it.

Totally reasonable for our guys to be fed up with it though, some of the s**t we cop is unreal (which is the same for you).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embiid has played 6 less games than Jokic. I think that narrative is being overplayed a fair bit.

True, I assume that means Jokic has a higher win percentage in games they've played as well but I would have to look that up. I think its is more valid than the racism, 'ducking smoke' or 'not allowed to win 3' narratives or whatever.

Nothing about this is very rational anymore. Its just gut feel and whatever bias you may have.

I was pretty mad at some hardcore flops from Okogie/KD to wrest the momentum back when we were up by a bit, but we deserved to lose in the end. Refs had nothing to do with it.

Totally reasonable for our guys to be fed up with it though, some of the s**t we cop is unreal (which is the same for you).
I get it. I was fuming when Ayton got pinged for his 4th due to Conley acting.

We still have to play the Lakers again, so normal service will soon resume.

I get it. I was fuming when Ayton got pinged for his 4th due to Conley acting.

We still have to play the Lakers again, so normal service will soon resume.

You managed to cut your number of shooting fouls down 75% between playing the Lakers and playing the Wolves. Extraordinary improvement.

Dannnnnnnnnn reckon your boys need to dust off your old Minneapolis Lakers jerseys for your next game, confuse the officials. It's your only hope.

@Dannnnnnnnnn reckon your boys need to dust off your old Minneapolis Lakers jerseys for your next game, confuse the officials. It's your only hope.
Yeah, if this is an offensive foul against the Suns, I don't wanna know how many years behind bars he'll cop for it against the Lakers.

Shaq would have fouled out in 15 minutes every game, good lord.
Soft would be complimentary on such a call. Putrid. Meanwhile Giannis knocks out Torrey Craig’s teeth and he gets called for the foul.

But the refs don’t influence games………

The Kyrie move gives the whole rondo situation all over again.

The mavs trying for a playoff push and it goes to s**t.

Jokic vs Embiid. The modern day admiral vs Hakeem

Embiid is a lot more like Ewing tbh, esp with how he performs in playoffs.

Giannis more like Hakeem myself (and probably on track to be even better really, esp if he gets another ring this season, which I think seems likely right now)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back