The Bigfooty Week 25 thread. The Lakers have made the post season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% spot on but could have still done better.

Everyone with a pulse knew Tucker/House were not going to work out and with the money left over and going to PJ Tucker of all people. they 100% needed a another passer in that spot to get the ball down low to Embiid in other areas. Something every single human with eyes knew

If they signed say Kyle Anderson/Gary Harris instead the team would be top of the table still, even with Brands boobness
So many were calling Gary Harris washed before the year started, Tucker was coming off playing an important role in Bucks chip and was highly rated in his time at Miami by Heat fans.

He has also locked down Jokic for a half and played a really solid game against the Bucks earlier in the year. I don't think we can pot him for that signing toooooo much. He also made the Melton trade which has been good.

Cuban also was firm stating Kidd is definitely staying on as coach so the Mavs are screwed
Doesnt have a choice to be fair. If Doncic says Kidd stays then Kidd stays. Doncic wants Kidd to stay because Kidd will give him as much or as little of the ball as Doncic asks for.

The fall for Dallas this year really began with bringing in Christian Wood, McGeee who was given too much and then not being able to unload the poison chalice contracts of Bertans, Hardaway Jnr and Reggie Bullock.

Theyd have been much better off investing all the assets the used bringing in Wood + Irving to get rid of Bertans/Bullock/Hardaway Jnr and then priming themself for a crack at a few free agents in the next 2 years to bulk out a proper starting 5 outside of Doncic.

I am pretty sure The Sixers could have found a way to move Tobias on by the deadline (Knicks were interested apparently)

Aside from drafting Maxey, Morey has not really had many home runs as Sixers GM, will be an absolute disaster if Harden returns to Houston as a Free Agent.

I also don't understand why he didn't let Doc Rivers walk to the Lakers at the ene of last season (he wanted a FRP as compo lol)
He got off that awful Horford contract, flipped Richardson which was a disaster for Seth Curry. Managed to turn a completely broken Ben Simmons in to James Harden, Got in Melton as a solid rotation piece.

From the disaster of a roster he walked in to i think he has been fine. Also i doubt anyone was taking on multiple years of Harris, next year is the year that the contract becomes moveable.

He got off that awful Horford contract, flipped Richardson which was a disaster for Seth Curry. Managed to turn a completely broken Ben Simmons in to James Harden, Got in Melton as a solid rotation piece.

From the disaster of a roster he walked in to i think he has been fine. Also i doubt anyone was taking on multiple years of Harris, next year is the year that the contract becomes moveable.

Fair post. Probably am focusing on the negatives a bit too much but when you are so close to a title you can be blinkered somewhat

Fair post. Probably am focusing on the negatives a bit too much but when you are so close to a title you can be blinkered somewhat
Oh trust me i am mentally preparing for watching another 4 point Harris play off performance that leads to a 2nd round exit. The roster has flaws but the Harden/Embiid duo is pretty unstoppable that Harden hand off at the free throw line is legit unguardable.

The only thing giving me hope is i think all rosters have some flaws, Celts and Bucks probably the most complete but are far from unbeatable.

Oh trust me i am mentally preparing for watching another 4 point Harris play off performance that leads to a 2nd round exit. The roster has flaws but the Harden/Embiid duo is pretty unstoppable that Harden hand off at the free throw line is legit unguardable.

The only thing giving me hope is i think all rosters have some flaws, Celts and Bucks probably the most complete but are far from unbeatable.

Id be more concerned with the 120+ points you will be leaking per game then Tobias Harris point total myself. Thats why im not a huge fan of the off season duo of Melton/Tucker. Is the defense actually better or good. Given up 67 points to the Heat for 21 assists and 1 steal and in all honesty the only reason its 67 points is because todays ref has been somewhat generous with the defenders and not calling extra soft fouls today

Tucker/Melton are starting and getting big minutes to defend but day to day it hasnt really gotten to a good enough level to justify the price they cost

Philly cant handle a team that is going to move the ball around a ton on offense... which is basically what every team does once its playoff time.

I find the exact opposite (particularly after the first round). Teams free flowing offense tend to break down when the opposition is trying on defense. Even the Warriors (beautiful) offense often breaks back to the basic Steph pick and roll come playoff time.

Celtics need Rob Williams full fit and healthy if we have any chance of making it past the East imo.

In an ideal world, either this season or next, we would have a a Sixers v Nuggets Finals to settle this Jokic v Embiid s**t fight once and for all.

Both teams coaches are bums in playoff time though so it's very unlikely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a blatant tank from OKC to not get into the play in?

They are awful

Wtf GIF by MOODMAN

I think so, esp when it comes to playoffs.

Rumour has it he is out if Denver don't make the WCFs

Last year they were no chance against the Warriors. Winning a game was an achievement.
Year before they won the first round, then lost to the higher seeded Suns who made it to the Finals and then won 65 or so games the next season.
Year before that they made the WCF where they got beaten by the eventual champs (who were the No 1 seed). In the WCSFs they won as a lower seed.
Year before that they lost in the WCSF as a number 2 seed to the third seed in 7 games (losing the last 2).

Really only the last one you could hold against Denver and it was hardly shocking.

Doc on the other hand...

The New Orleans Pelicans continue to not have an idea on when Zion Williamson may return from a hamstring injury.

David Griffin released the following statement with an update on Williamson:

“After further evaluation, it has been determined that Zion Williamson will continue his rehabilitation and conditioning regimen. We will continue to monitor his progression and updates will be provided as warranted.”

Williamson has been out since early January with the injury.

The New Orleans Pelicans continue to not have an idea on when Zion Williamson may return from a hamstring injury.

David Griffin released the following statement with an update on Williamson:

“After further evaluation, it has been determined that Zion Williamson will continue his rehabilitation and conditioning regimen. We will continue to monitor his progression and updates will be provided as warranted.”

Williamson has been out since early January with the injury.

Above and beyond the questionable trades, this is the thing Griffin does that annoys me the most.

Following the Pels is like trying to navigate through fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back