The Week 8 NBA Thread - where we should all congratulate the Lakers. Salt and vinegar optional.

Who are the NBA's truest terrible traders?

• Your 2023 In-season tournament champion LA Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone's favourite duffers, your New Orleans Pelicans

• Danny 'I once robbed Billy King' Ainge and your Utah Jazz

• The Ghost of Joe Dumars and your Detroit '2-20' Pistons

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The 'let's build around Jordan Poole' Washington Wizards

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Some other plebs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Draymond just doesnt understand physical basketball. European guys like Nurkic, Jokic, Sabonis, Gobert will body you since its what they did for 15+ years before they got to US. Green just isnt used to it so overreacts to it.

I think a bit of this is also Kerrs poor coaching too. Green has shown ZERO ability to defend the big European C in the post but he still puts him in the position.

All up Kerr has been a horrid coach this year. Worst in the league. Cant react to the changing dynamics in the team and is too arrogant to make wholesale changes and move with the times. Alot of people talking about moving Green, not giving Klay a new deal etc when in reality the change they need is actually a new coach

So much wrong with this post I don't know where to start. I'll try.

If Klay and Wiggins were shooting 42% and 35% respectively from 3 this season then the Warriors would probably be 15-9 and no one would care. Not sure it's Kerr's fault the guys aren't hitting shots. 12 of our 14 losses have been by 8 points or less.

Regarding Green vs the Euro centers. Last time I checked no one has been able to stop Jokic. Sabonis is averaging 17 ppg on less than 45% in the 3 games this year and was pretty bad in last years playoffs against the Warriors. Gobert? He's averaging less than 10ppg over the last two seasons against the Warriors. Not sure what you want. Nurkic? He's averaging 13ppg on less than 50% shooting this year against the Warriors (didn't play against them last year). I'm not sure who on the Warriors you want defending the other teams big man? Looney is good for 24 minutes a game.

The team has put the runs on the board to be given some leeway. Particularly Klay who has had cold shooting runs before (He started 33% from 3s in the first 13 games last year and then shot 43% the rest of the way). In the last few games he has been making changes including taking Wiggins out of the starting lineup.

Not saying Kerr can't improve, but it's not easy handling this situation.

Who is taking on Green?

Last edited:

Well they won the IST at least:)

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brunson took it upon himself to carry the Knicks and take a massive dump on the Suns home court :)
He’s been awesome but * the suns look lazy and disinterested. Nukic and KD just ambling around getting the ball stripped from them in the last couple of minutes.

He’s been awesome but * the suns look lazy and disinterested. Nukic and KD just ambling around getting the ball stripped from them in the last couple of minutes.

GBcjP-iXoAAMUoJ

Looking foward to the Brunson Burner lighting up LA and torching The Lakers tomorrow !

You can acknowledge the person's struggles without endorsing or excusing the actions. Too often in these conversations the two get conflated. Draymond's actions are not those of somebody with good emotional regulation, which makes you wonder and worry about his well-being. Meanwhile, the way he is responding to those (possible) difficulties is not acceptable.

Both extremes are wrong. Mental health difficulties do not give you a free pass to act how you feel. But also, behaviours like these are often (not always) signs that the person needs support. You can have both views simultaneously.

Yep, this.

Artest is the closest recent parallel that I can think of. Which is not to say their problems are identical, but some of their behaviour, both negative and positive, have similarities. Both capable of being selfless teammates, but also both capable of inexplicable things.

Mental issues might be an explanation, not an excuse, as you alluded to. It could also be something as simple as struggles in personal life, like a relationship break-up or a family death, things that bum all of us out. We seldom are privy to what goes on.

Yep, this.

Artest is the closest recent parallel that I can think of. Which is not to say their problems are identical, but some of their behaviour, both negative and positive, have similarities. Both capable of being selfless teammates, but also both capable of inexplicable things.

Mental issues might be an explanation, not an excuse, as you alluded to. It could also be something as simple as struggles in personal life, like a relationship break-up or a family death, things that bum all of us out. We seldom are privy to what goes on.
Why use many word when few word do

Yep, this.

What about a different case like Ja Morant ?

I feel like his suspension was really OTT

Should have been 10 games (max)

Hopefully he is a healthy mind space ready for his much anticipated return next week against the Pels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back