The Week 9 NBA Thread - where Draymond says goodbye, and Ja says hello

Who will cop the first ejection of the week?

• Ja for pulling his gun on Pierre the Pelican

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draymond for headbutting his psychologist

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Joker for asking the refs: "Why so serious?"

• Phoenix's medical insurer from Footprint Arena after staging a sit-in protest against Brad Beal

• Elmer after one too many hot takes

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Gobert's impact this year is wildly overrated. Embiid casually dropping 50 on him right now.

Fact remains that his trade is the worst in recent NBA history. I don't wanna hear any of the recent BS claiming the Wolves won that trade.

Wolves winning because Edwards improving, Conley starting and KAT playing proper basketball.

Gobert is a good player, but he ain't worth near $40M a year, and he definitely aint worth 4 1st round picks.
It can be more nuanced then that, the wolves certainly didn’t ’win the trade’ but I don’t think many try to claim that. They gave up a huge haul for him.

You have absolutely not been watching if you don’t think he has been integral in the Wolves turning it around.

They didn’t win the trade but it’s also a long way from the worst trade of all time.

Rudy Gobert's impact this year is wildly overrated. Embiid casually dropping 50 on him right now.

Fact remains that his trade is the worst in recent NBA history. I don't wanna hear any of the recent BS claiming the Wolves won that trade.

Wolves winning because Edwards improving, Conley starting and KAT playing proper basketball.

Gobert is a good player, but he ain't worth near $40M a year, and he definitely aint worth 4 1st round picks.
Love the no comment on him until the first game out of 26 where he's been comprehensively beaten :rainbow:

Winning the trade remains to be seen but is probably not the case. But he has been far and away our best player this season. Giving Ant/KAT/Conley all the credit is unfair and blatantly, objectively false.

It can be more nuanced then that, the wolves certainly didn’t ’win the trade’ but I don’t think many try to claim that. They gave up a huge haul for him.

You have absolutely not been watching if you don’t think he has been integral in the Wolves turning it around.

They didn’t win the trade but it’s also a long way from the worst trade of all time.
12 months time is the judge

They will lose assets big time to keep that contract and this is my big issue.

Cant ignore they have 190 mill in salary but in that 190 mill have ZERO PG and will also lose their best 6th man in Kyle Anderson too. Unless they getting a starting calibre PG for 2 mill its going to mean someone is going and in all honesty id be shocked if it isnt KAT who will be a immense loss

Love the no comment on him until the first game out of 26 where he's been comprehensively beaten :rainbow:

Winning the trade remains to be seen but is probably not the case. But he has been far and away our best player this season. Giving Ant/KAT/Conley all the credit is unfair and blatantly, objectively false.
Can I laugh, downvote and vomit at a post all at once. ?

Stop hyperboling it. You giving 40 mill to your 4th best starter

51/12/3/2/1 - 68%

Against the 1 seed and best defensive team in the league…
That can't be right, this board assures me he only beats up s**t teams

Please

Who's claiming they won the trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very surprised how well Westbrook seems to be coping after being relegated to cheerleader.

Getting just 16mins a night now. Highlights consist exclusively of bench reactions.

Hope he gets a ring out of this because otherwise this is a cringey way for a future HOF to play out his career.

That can't be right, this board assures me he only beats up s**t teams

I thought he fakes injuries to avoid the good teams too.

Celtics let it slip for sure but I feel like there’s been an unusually large amount of games with teams surrendering even biggers leads already this season.

I'm pretty sure another team did that yesterday too.

I may or may not have had to go on a walk afterwards to calm myself.

51/12/3/2/1 - 68%

Against the 1 seed and best defensive team in the league…

Tbh I dunno why anyone would be criticising Embiid on this season.

Sixers are 19-8 with Tobias Harris as their third best player.

Can I laugh, downvote and vomit at a post all at once. ?

Stop hyperboling it. You giving 40 mill to your 4th best starter

$40 million per and four first round picks or not, they have the #1 ranked defence in the league, and a lot of that starts with him.

As with Embiid, it's an odd time to be criticising him. Minny haven't been 15 games over .500 in nearly two decades.

Very surprised how well Westbrook seems to be coping after being relegated to cheerleader.

Getting just 16mins a night now. Highlights consist exclusively of bench reactions.

Hope he gets a ring out of this because otherwise this is a cringey way for a future HOF to play out his career.

Dunno if 'cringey' is the word I'd use at all.

Not the biggest fan of Westbrook, but accepting a reduced role and a much reduced salary on a loaded team is hardly the crime of the century. Would be fair game for criticism if he dropped his bundle about not starting, or signed with a crap team for more money.

Don't want to jinx it but Trae's offensive efficiencies after a bruuuutally bad start to the season have become rather good.

1703141338575.png

I don't actually watch any games, but his FT ratio is the only thing significantly changed. Usage is unchanged but he is scoring AND assisting more. I imagine he still jacks up most 3s off the dribble.

Regardless of any of that the team performance is generally unchanged. I will take the fake road and blame injuries.

Don't want to jinx it but Trae's offensive efficiencies after a bruuuutally bad start to the season have become rather good.

View attachment 1875987

I don't actually watch any games, but his FT ratio is the only thing significantly changed. Usage is unchanged but he is scoring AND assisting more. I imagine he still jacks up most 3s off the dribble.

Regardless of any of that the team performance is generally unchanged. I will take the fake road and blame injuries.

Jalen Johnson is legitimately a big out for you guys. Probably your best defender, certainly far better than DeAndre Hunter.

23 made threes, 34 assists, actually kept a good rebounding team off the offensive glass for once, entire team out
Surprised Jocelyn GIF by Schitt's Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back