FTA-TV The Block 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Keith looks a lot more involved this season. In the last thread a guy mentioned that Keith was only hired on the last few series as a mock foreman because viewers liked him, while the construction company had a real foreman on site after they got rid of Keith

It made sense, you never really saw Keith in action and there were a couple of times he was asked questions but couldnt answer.

This year though he seems to be back into it, usually always seen working on something and much more involved in getting the contestants into gear, so maybe hes back on the real job.

My oldman had Kara work on his house recently in some form of interior design (she was working with some other person who was the boss), he had no idea who she was but one of the tradies clued him on

Ummm so did tonight's episode start an hour early?

I IQd it and it started with 5 minutes left in the episode

Just found this thread, going to give my view on the couples

Steve and Chantelle:
They shouldn't be on the show, they lack in everything compared to the other couples, and I doubt they will win a room/challenge, unless all other teams **** up. Steve looks like the guy off New Girl.

Kyal and Kara:
They are actually pretty good, but can they stop winning the challenges. She is smoking hot. Would bang/10, but the twins together would be better.

The twins:
Enjoy their work, but get spit the dummy way too much. For example: this weeks challenge episode.

Brad and Dale:
Funny as shit, and they **** around a lot, but they are somehow able to get their rooms done really well. Why did Lara and Dale set their wedding for during The Block.

Week 1 room (3rd bedroom)

Steve and Chantelle:
I hated the idea of the revolving desk/bed. Too much effort after coming home after midnight, to set the bed up.

Kyla and Kara:
Nice room. Like the wooden shelving and the walk in robe. Though there way too many thing on the wall.

The twins:
The idea of the lofted study area, with the cupboard underneath was good. Their room was too big though.

Brad and Dale:
Never thought that they'd think about about a walk in robe, and I like the wall cavities that they are using.

Week 2 (Laundry, bathroom, terrace)

Steve and Chantelle:
They made good use of their terrace space with the table and chairs. But that bra in the clothes line was funny.

Kyal and Kara:
It was good to see them stuff something up finally. I didn't mind the water feature, it was the location or the bench that put everything off.

The twins:
I liked the idea of the roofing in the terrace, but if they put another layer of Clear sheeting on top, it would have made their outdoor shower useable more.

Brad and Dale:
The only ones to think about putting their laundry outside of the bathroom area. That concept won the room for them, because it have then the opportunity to increase batt room size.

Week 1 room (3rd bedroom)

Steve and Chantelle:
I hated the idea of the revolving desk/bed. Too much effort after coming home after midnight, to set the bed up.

Good recap akkaps, however i do not agree with the above. Its a third bedroom for guests, if you had someone staying the bed would be kept out and when they left turn it back into a study. Pretty good use of a bedroom that wont get used 90% of the time if you ask me.

Good recap akkaps, however i do not agree with the above. Its a third bedroom for guests, if you had someone staying the bed would be kept out and when they left turn it back into a study. Pretty good use of a bedroom that wont get used 90% of the time if you ask me.
Imaging coming home drunk, and then you have to fix that bed up. Though it is effective use of the space, the desk couldn't have gone elsewhere in the room.
Plus Chantelle is a babe! So much hotter than cotton mouth Kara.
Kara is doing it more for me than Chantelle.

Imaging coming home drunk, and then you have to fix that bed up. Though it is effective use of the space, the desk couldn't have gone elsewhere in the room.

Kara is doing it more for me than Chantelle.

You wouldn't have to fix the bed up if you were staying there as a guest though as it would already be done. Its not like you have to pack away the bed each day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did some work on The Block this year and i can tell you -

• Keith is a foreman and looks after the contestants but the main man is a bald bloke from Lang Constructions and they are the ones responsible for the build and all the common areas. The bald bloke was telling everyone what to do, walking around site, making sure inductions had taken place etc. No doubt as soon as filming wrapped up, Keith was gone but the real builder stays on to finish off what you dont see on camera eg. stairwells etc.
  • Keith is also a grumpy prick. I was on site for around 4 days and never saw him smile. Even off camera all he did was whinge.
  • Steve and Chantelle are getting a hard time from the editors. To be honest, they are up against 2 couples who have done it all before and the other "fan" couple well Kyal is a bloody chippy so of course they are going to look a shitload better. I reckon the producers got exactly what they were looking for - A couple with no idea to use as fodder for the show.
I was working on common areas so didnt actually work FOR any of the couples as such.

• Keith is a foreman and looks after the contestants but the main man is a bald bloke from Lang Constructions and they are the ones responsible for the build and all the common areas. The bald bloke was telling everyone what to do, walking around site, making sure inductions had taken place etc. No doubt as soon as filming wrapped up, Keith was gone but the real builder stays on to finish off what you dont see on camera eg. stairwells etc.
  • Keith is also a grumpy prick. I was on site for around 4 days and never saw him smile. Even off camera all he did was whinge.
  • Steve and Chantelle are getting a hard time from the editors. To be honest, they are up against 2 couples who have done it all before and the other "fan" couple well Kyal is a bloody chippy so of course they are going to look a shitload better. I reckon the producers got exactly what they were looking for - A couple with no idea to use as fodder for the show.
I was working on common areas so didnt actually work FOR any of the couples as such.

That is an awesome bit of info. Much appreciated.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/enter...utside-vip-party/story-fni0cc2b-1226833350283

Any sightings of the lunchcutter on set?

2nd bedroom.

Steve and Chantelle:
That wooden thing actually looked pretty awesome in the end. But the thing I hated most from their room was the pillow with the Aztec guy on it. Overboard much?

Kyal and Kara:
Loved the wooden wall and the way it was done, though I'm not too keen on mirrored wardrobes. Thought they'd win the table challenge. It was simple. Kara as batman weird.

The twins:
Why would you picture of Amy Winehouse in your room? Funny watching them chuck the dummy in the challenge, and it won't be the last of them doing it.

Brad and Dale:
Loved the wardrobe. Cop it Shaynna for being short. :) I don't understand why Brad would set his wedding for during The Block though. Will be fun to watch.

Brad and Dale:
Loved the wardrobe. Cop it Shaynna for being short. :) I don't understand why Brad would set his wedding for during The Block though. Will be fun to watch.
I'd suggest the wedding was planned well in advance of Brad knowing he'd be on the show.

As for Steve, he's a dud in pretty well every respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back