Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Hello fellow Blockheads (and others),

After an amazing season of ups and downs last year, The Block is set to go again in 2023.

The article does have pictures of some of the houses.

The new houses are five brick homes in the Melbourne Bayside area. The Block 2023 will be based in Charming Street Hampton East, now doesn't that have a nice ring to it!

Fans of The Block 2021, hello Mitch and Mark, will know this is the neighboring suburb where the boys took the win.

So far, we know that Channel Nine has purchased houses 14,16,18,20 & 22 for an estimated total of $14.3 million. The houses seem to be in a much better state than previous years, one even looking as though it's started a renovation already.

More pictures are in this article.

The next Block will be in Charming St, Hampton East, in 2023.

I don't know if they have started filming yet, and there haven't been any leaks or announcements about this year's contestants.

I will keep you posted as info come to hand.

What could potentially be different this year to combat what appears to be at times a shakey market?

That they have already overpaid for the properties to begin with means they need to aim high once again with reserves and results which puts a strain on the whole challenge in my opinion.

That and if it is just another season where we hope that Danny comes in to buy a few - they almost need to man up and tell him to steer clear, though we know they can't afford to do that.

Things are ramping up at the Block, so filming will start very soon. The article has some pictures of the works already done thus far.

good that they have walked back from gigantic properties to more suburban. kind of want them to go further and do tiny houses as it's such an alien concept for this show, so that the job of designing is that much trickier than deciding what colour walls next to what colour cushions. after all it's not like there aren't themes to what they work with, ie gatwick. i'm over the whole 1 million ovens in the kitchen thing too. one thing though, that would make me die happy in the knowledge i was alive to see it on television would be a shower with three showerheads.

tiny houses should make it easier to source building materials and generally have an entirely different aesthetic (often scrounged materials) and much more inventive than standard block fare. it also speaks a bit to the current housing affordability. could easily renovate (build) multiple tiny houses.
but, that may be better being a whole other show. i doubt the sponsors would be on board.

good that they have walked back from gigantic properties to more suburban. kind of want them to go further and do tiny houses as it's such an alien concept for this show, so that the job of designing is that much trickier than deciding what colour walls next to what colour cushions. after all it's not like there aren't themes to what they work with, ie gatwick. i'm over the whole 1 million ovens in the kitchen thing too. one thing though, that would make me die happy in the knowledge i was alive to see it on television would be a shower with three showerheads.

tiny houses should make it easier to source building materials and generally have an entirely different aesthetic (often scrounged materials) and much more inventive than standard block fare. it also speaks a bit to the current housing affordability. could easily renovate (build) multiple tiny houses.
but, that may be better being a whole other show. i doubt the sponsors would be on board.

Its a product driven show - massive wine fridges from sponsors, a million skylights from the sponsor, 23 ovens from the sponsors, pools in each house from the sponsors...

doesnt have to be functional - just plonk them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sub'd. Looking forward to the next season.

Youch.

"A house that passed in at auction on reality TV show The Block has sold for $180,000 less than its original reserve price.

Dylan and Jenny’s House 4 at 225 McGeorge Road, Gisborne traded in February for $3.9 million, public records show."

It means they owe The Block 180k! :thumbsupv1::laughv1:

I'm not surprised Dylan & Jenny sold it under the reserve. There has been a slump in house prices recently, it's just bad timing really. I don't think The Block will attempt a build like that again for a while. The market was barely there for it, especially when you're building homes that only billionaires could afford.

I'm not surprised Dylan & Jenny sold it under the reserve. There has been a slump in house prices recently, it's just bad timing really. I don't think The Block will attempt a build like that again for a while. The market was barely there for it, especially when you're building homes that only billionaires could afford.

At this point I'd be stunned if they even had a say in it.

Yeah they wouldn't have had a say in anything since it passed in.

I think there's a market for what they were doing but at the same time, expecting there to be 5 $4m+ buyers in to Gisborne for auction is a little out there.

In the current format I still think that going through a proper 4 week expression of interest campaign and perhaps adding an element to the show of watching how real estate agents actually work and maximise any real interest in to an offer. This would remove the Danny element as well as showing whether their work actually attracts solid, real buyers (which is why they probably won't do it, lol)

Sub'd. Looking forward to the next season.

It means they owe The Block 180k! :thumbsupv1::laughv1:
Marge Simpson Episode 10 GIF

Back