Opinion The Bulldogs BigFooty Phantom Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles select with pick 13 Ed Allen.

Son of former Hawk Ben Allen. Ed Allen is a 194cm utility that can play anywhere on the ground. His limited game time saw him a average 25 disposals a game, a impressive 20m 2.814 second sprint, top 5 agility test at the combine, and the ability to kick on both feet. His best work is on the wing where his endurance and speed to break away from opponents and dispose the ball. His short falls are his strength and composure.

Eagles will use him anywhere he is needed most but should see him as a outside/inside mid or on either flank working up the wings once he's spent some time in the gym.

Last edited:

With pick 14 Melbourne select Matthew Jefferson.

Easily the best key forward prospect after Cadman, Jefferson will be an exciting one to watch for Melbourne supporters in the next few years. When he's on song he's a mobile contested marking forward who can use his speed to get separation and judges the ball well in the air. I do have some concerns that he's an awkward size at 195cm, and once he puts some muscle on his frame he could loose a bit of his speed, but he works hard to get into good positions and times his leaps really well. Jefferson's main appeal is what he will develop into in the next few years as he's far from the finished product. I wouldn't rule out a future as an intercepting defender, but best case scenario is at centre half-forward where he could be capable of being a big point of difference.

Mojorisin you're up.

Surprising after years and years of draft predictions I do not believe anyone named Phantom has been selected but every year there is a Phantom draft.

With pick 15 sydney swans take Harry Barnett
One thing the swans need is a ruck and although a bit of a reach we grab Barnett at 15 to get in ahead of Collingwood. He is physically developed so ma even play next year considering Reid is more sticky tape then man at this point and ladhams prefers to lay out smaller unsuspecting opposition ending in more games suspended then actually played.

From rookie me
SNAPSHOT: “A physically developed ruckman who uses his athleticism to have an impact at the contest and around the ground.”

Harry Barnett has put forward his case to be the number one rated ruck prospect in this year’s draft class. He enjoyed a dominant stretch through April-May in the SANFL Under 18 competition, where he averaged 24 disposals and 28 hitouts, earning a call-up to West Adelaide’s League side. The 18-year-old managed 25 hitouts on debut, and earned his first win at senior level in Round 17 against South Adelaide.

Last edited:
GWS draft Darcy Jones.

With GWS’ spate of high picks, I figured that it was a good time to take someone with huge potential. Jones has proven himself against men this year, and fits in with my selection criteria of pace and class. Could start out as as a small forward before eventually graduating into the midfield, or even do a Caleb Daniel and find himself down back. Huge potential.

Rookieme: “Jones has done well in 2022 to shake off many concerns about his size and ability to translate his game smoothly against senior players. He proved in the latter stages of the season to provide an option as a small forward at the top level, though any club that takes him will have a long-term midfielder on their hands. There will be very few questions left to ask of Jones come the draft in November, and he will provide a great option to select for any clubs with picks outside of the range of those big name midfielders we continue to hear about this year.”

Last edited:
Apologies, was asleep all day. World Cup month, so expect a bit of that haha.

With Pick 17, Collingwood selects....

Lewis Hayes

I feel Collingwood is a little light in the tall department. With Hayes they get a player who has shown a lot of growth this year, not just height wise, but his game as well. Given he is on the lower end of the draft age, there is still plenty of room for more. Hayes will give Collingwood an near all round defender who can read the play well in the air, but also do a solid enough job in one on one contests. He will need to put on a little more muscle to match up with the physicality of the AFL. If anything is to go by his combine testing, you know you will have a player who will push himself to give it his all. Will not be there come the picks in the 20's, so had to pull the trigger right here.

How do you tag someone on here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Pick 17, Collingwood selects....

Lewis Hayes

I feel Collingwood is a little light in the tall department. With Hayes they get a player who has shown a lot of growth this year, not just height wise, but his game as well. Given he is on the lower end of the draft age, there is plenty of room for more. Hayes will give Collingwood an near all round defender who can read the play well in the air, but also do a solid enough job in one on one contests. Will need to put on a little more muscle to match up with the physicality of the AFL. If anything is to go by his combine testing, you know you will have a player who will push himself to give it his all.

How do you tag someone on here?
You put @ and then type out their name right after

Isn't it me with Sydney?
Sorry my bad
Pick 18 Sydney bid on jaspa fletcher
Dav1d do you match?
Yeah I’ll match, would have liked him to slip a little further but he’s probably somewhere around that range

18. Brisbane match the bid on Jaspa Fletcher

Full write up to come and back to you

Sorry my bad

Yeah I’ll match, would have liked him to slip a little further but he’s probably somewhere around that range

18. Brisbane match the bid on Jaspa Fletcher

Full write up to come and back to you
With pick 19 swans select Brayden George
Don't mind being patient with George's recovery with a fair bit of depth in the medium forward stocks but his talent is too tough to pass up and will free Heeney up to play more midfield. Speed, power & scoreboard impact in a 185cm package.
Was very tempted to grab the sure thing in Hollands after a huge slide but need to back in our power rankings of 12 fletcher 13 george 14 Hollands.

Rookie me says
His explosive speed off the mark is near-unstoppable. George has the ability to burn opponents in a flash, leaning on his high level forward craft to time leads perfectly and essentially act as a target above his 185cm standing. When the ball is delivered well, he rarely misses his marks but can butter up and manufacture scoring chances nonetheless.

weltschmerz back to you

Last edited:
With pick 19 swans select Brayden George
Don't mind being patient with George's recovery with a fair bit of depth in the medium forward stocks but his talent is too tough to pass up and will free Hervey up to play more midfield. Speed, power & scoreboard impact in a 185cm package.
Was very tempted to grab the sure thing in Hollands after a huge slide but need to back in our power rankings of 12 fletcher 13 george 14 Hollands.

Rookie me says
His explosive speed off the mark is near-unstoppable. George has the ability to burn opponents in a flash, leaning on his high level forward craft to time leads perfectly and essentially act as a target above his 185cm standing. When the ball is delivered well, he rarely misses his marks but can butter up and manufacture scoring chances nonetheless.

weltschmerz back to you

Damn, I was going to pick him for GWS.

Pick 20: Jacob Konstanty

The best pure small forward in the draft just makes sense at this pick. In a forward line lacking pace and punch, Konstanty brings a bit of star power. He tackles to hurt, he’s an excellent crumber, he’s got clean hands, and he has the chance to learn under one of the top small forwards in the game in Toby Greene.

Rookieme: “There will be plenty of clubs keen on Konstanty early in the piece, perhaps even within the first round. His craft as a clean and clever small forward is still developing, and he sets himself apart with menacing tackling pressure which is so invaluable to team structure at the top level. Should he slip past the top 15, don’t expect him to stay on the board much longer.”

Pick 21: Oliver Hollands

A pure case of best available, Hollands reaching the second round just feels wrong, and GWS claim the value pick of the draft. Players who’ve had to unexpectedly wait that extra night to find their eventual destination tend to come out with fire in the belly, and adding that to Hollands’ consistency, endurance, and versatility, GWS have gotten themselves a beauty who’ll start out on a wing before a potential move inside.

Rookieme: “Though comparisons may well come to his brother, Ollie Hollands is a very different player to Elijah. He has put together an incredible season for Murray Bushrangers and Vic Country, and though perhaps lacking that extra class that Elijah has, he comes with plenty of all-round consistency, including elite endurance. He is not bad in any one particular area, and more just solid across the board, and will be a readymade midfielder at the top level for the club that selects him in the first or second rounds.”

also considered: Lachlan Cowan, Josh Weddle, Olli Hotton

For clarity: I changed this when I realised Hollands was still on the board. My original pick 21 was Hotton

Last edited:
Eagles bid on Alwyn Davey jnr with 22.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back