Opinion The Bulldogs BigFooty Phantom Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Eagles would love that. Rioli jnr out and Davey jnr in.

Pick 22 Eagles get Aaron Davey Jnr after Essendon decided not to match the bid!

Alwyn Davey jnr is a small forward who is the son of Alwyn Davey. His Vision is first class, capable of hitting targets in the forward 50 with pace. He has clean hands and can escape congestion with his agility and balance. He works best in tight spaces. His only flaw is his production output like many small forward kids that come through the draft.

Eagles getting Davey Jnr will fill the hole left by Rioli Jnr.

Last edited:

Western Bulldogs select

Josh Weddle​

Height: 192cm
Weight: 89kg
D.O.B: 25-05-2004
A well-rounded athlete and defender capable of intercepting, rebounding, and locking down a variety of opponents.”

Josh Weddle is a prospect who falls into the bolter category this year, having enjoyed a steep rise up draft boards. Turning out for the Oakleigh Chargers and Carey Grammar, he quickly showcased the blend of athleticism and versatility he offers down back to earn selection in the Vic Metro squad.

Playing all four National Championship games, he took on the task of manning some of the best tall forwards of the draft crop, playing above his size with sound defensive craft, while also looking dangerous on the rebound.

A well rounded defender who can play tall and still match the smalls. Hopefully he can fill a Dylan Grimes role.

Western Bulldogs select

Josh Weddle​

Height: 192cm
Weight: 89kg
D.O.B: 25-05-2004
A well-rounded athlete and defender capable of intercepting, rebounding, and locking down a variety of opponents.”

Josh Weddle is a prospect who falls into the bolter category this year, having enjoyed a steep rise up draft boards. Turning out for the Oakleigh Chargers and Carey Grammar, he quickly showcased the blend of athleticism and versatility he offers down back to earn selection in the Vic Metro squad.

Playing all four National Championship games, he took on the task of manning some of the best tall forwards of the draft crop, playing above his size with sound defensive craft, while also looking dangerous on the rebound.

A well rounded defender who can play tall and still match the smalls. Hopefully he can fill a Dylan Grimes role.

Surprised Shock GIF by Pokémon

I think it was Sheezel who called Weddle the toughest opponent he'd played on. Genuine lockdown who can go tall or small. Just what we need.

Essendon will select Henry Hustwaite. His versatility and size will give Essendon a lot of options with him. He could potentially become that big-bodied midfielder they've been crying out for, or he could make his name as a key defender with exceptional ball use

With pick 26 (23), Norf select Lachlan Cowan.

Arguably best available, while also filling one of the Roos’ many needs. North are short on for run and dare in the back half, as well as intercepting support for their KPDs. Luke McDonald needs some general defender help and Cowan seems to be a pretty complete two-way package as a half back. Would immediately put pressure on incumbent small/medium defenders like Aidan Bonar. Sheezel and Cowan at each end would make North much more dynamic (and interesting) than their present iteration.

RookieMe: Lachlan Cowan

Up next is Hawthorn: Inside The Kennel

With Pick 27, Hawthorn Selects: Olli Hotton

This explosive forward has a vertical leap like Zeph Skinner, the pace of Laith Vandermeer and the bouffant of an '80's gameshow host. He can find the footy when in the midfield (averaged 25 possessions for Sandringham) and knows how to hit the scoreboard when called upon to play forward. The Hawk's hierarchy thought he'd go in the first round, so we have just turned Glenferrie Oval into party central to celebrate this heist!

Go Hawkers, we are indeed a happy team at Hawthorn.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry guys, am a night owl at the moment.

With Pick 28 Collingwood Select....

Charlie Clarke

Clarke gives the Magpies a versatile option as a small forward who can pinch hit in the midfield if needed. A very team first type of player who will slot into Collingwoods style well. Feel their forwardline could do with some more fire power, and he gives them an extra option at goal, whilst applying the pressure without the ball.

With pick 29 Eagles have selected Isaac Keeler.

Isaac Keeler is a Forward/Ruck with x-factor. He boasts clean hands, can pick up below his knees and has good kicking. A rare mobile quality tall that can push into the ruck once he fills out.

Eagles hope he can learn from Nic Nat and become the ruck down the line to replace him in the coming years.

Looks like I'm done despite Eagles having another pick at 71 they're probably not going to use it.

_Cerberus_ again

Last edited:
I was hoping Barnett or Keller would be around my picks in the 20's. Pies lacking a solid ruck, I reckon they will target a ruck/fwd in the draft

With Pick 30, Collingwood select....

Mitch Szybkowski

A bit of a slider from the early season rankings, but he gives Colligwood a big bodied contested midfielder. Not the quickest or most elite by foot. But his contested work, game IQ and work in tight at stoppages is highly rated. The big bodied midfielder they need.

Dogs_r_barking , you're up next for St.Kilda

Last edited:
The Saints will select with their second pick Jaxon Binns M/F

I’m glad someone else didn’t pull Brisbane/Richmond 😂 not exactly exciting
Imagine looking at the raw draft board and thinking, "F yeah, I own the thirties" "Four picks out of five" Only to remember every one of those picks 34-38 have been eaten up haha.

Also this draft has made me realize our pick 39 won't drop as much as we think it might.

Imagine looking at the raw draft board and thinking, "F yeah, I own the thirties" "Four picks out of five" Only to remember every one of those picks 34-38 have been eaten up haha.

Also this draft has made me realize our pick 39 won't drop as much as we think it might.
Yeah 39 will stay 39 after Ashcroft, Davey Jnr, Fletcher, Michalanney bids or go back to 40 if also Harvey is bid on. Perfect Munkura selection pick though.

With pick 31 Carlton select Coby Burgiel

Stoked to get the chance to pick one of my favourites in this part of the draft. Burgiel is an extremely quick midfielder/forward who's cleanliness and ability to impact inside 50 should see him play early as a small/half forward. Not sure he's a massive need for the Blues but I've got him so far ahead of the next option I couldn't say no.

With pick 31 Carlton select Coby Burgiel

Stoked to get the chance to pick one of my favourites in this part of the draft. Burgiel is an extremely quick midfielder/forward who's cleanliness and ability to impact inside 50 should see him play early as a small/half forward. Not sure he's a massive need for the Blues but I've got him so far ahead of the next option I couldn't say no.
Great pick. One of my favourites aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back