Opinion The Bulldogs BigFooty Phantom Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 33: GWS: Harry Rowston

Write-up to come.

In reality, GWS has five list spots and would have traded an earlier pick out, and would match a bid on Harry Rowston to fill their fifth list spot. I'm happy to just take him here. If I had drafted a player, it would have been one of Jakob Ryan, Max Gruzewski, or James Van Es.

Last edited:
GWS draft wrap

2. Aaron Cadman
16: Darcy Jones
20: Jacob Konstanty
21: Oliver Hollands
33: Harry Rowston

Really boosted GWS' forward power here, with the best key forward and best pure small forward in it. Darcy Jones brings speed and class to the outside, Oliver Hollands as an impressive slider gives them a balanced midfielder who could play round 1, and finishing up with an academy midfielder in Harry Rowston.

I pass all future picks.

Dogs_r_barking for the Saints

GWS draft wrap

2. Aaron Cadman

Really boosted GWS' forward power here, with the best key forward and best pure small forward in it. Darcy Jones brings speed and class to the outside, Oliver Hollands as an impressive slider gives them a balanced midfielder who could play round 1, and finishing up with an academy midfielder in Harry Rowston.

I pass all future picks.

Dogs_r_barking for the Saints
Bloody good haul that. Suspect if it played out like this GWS would be looking for a KPD as a rookie or SSP

St Kilda will pick Max Gruzewski - utility.

After losing Ryder, the Saints need to shore up their talls. While defence is a strong part of the Saints line up, a utility would be on the shopping list for both new senior coach Lyon and Assistant Coach Goddard.

_Cerberus_

Last edited:
With Pick 35, Port Adelaide Select....

Jakob Ryan

Ryan gives them a versatile home grown player, who can play multiple positions across the ground. Has been thrown around from defence, to forward, to wing and slotted into all quite well. So some may question where his long term position may be at AFL level. But I say he will likely see himself land as a rebounding defender at this level. 190cm tall, reads the play and intercepts well. All the attributes you want in a modern day medium rebounding defender. He will need to work on his strength and contested game, so he is not just an outside type player. Likes to take the game on and run. a bit like JJ. Can hit targets 50m quite accurately, his long kicking considered a weapon.

Next up is.... Dav1d Just kidding, what picks? ;)

Boyd oh Boyd You're up next for Melbourne

With pick 36 Melbourne select Blake Drury

A small mid-forward that works extremely hard. He can find the footy in the middle but will probably play as a forward for Melbourne, where his long accurate passes will be a good weapon at half forward.

Munnez you're up.

Western Bulldogs select

VIEW PROFILE
James Van Es
GWV-Rebels.png
GWV REBELS| KEY DEFENDER

Height:196cm
Weight:97kg
D.O.B:07-08-2004
SNAPSHOT: “James Van Es is an intercept marking machine for the GWV Rebels, with his positioning and strength one-on-one among his best traits”
James Van Es is a strong key defender with upside for the future given his remarkable athleticism that could still be further implemented on-field to add extra weapons to his game. The Greater Western Victoria (GWV) Rebels defender is a natural leader who was impressive for St Patrick’s College in the Herald Sun Shield Grand Final loss to Whitefriars College. Van Es is a reliable backman who earned Vic Country representative honours, often being a critical interceptor, but also one who could play on an opponent and nullify them. Being a strong defender who had athletic traits makes him a player who has potential if a club can give him a chance. He averaged 11.3 disposals, 4.0 marks and 3.3 rebound 50s at the AFL Under 18 Championships, and was able to have a mix of defending one-on-one and finding space to step into.
In a draft crop where there are strong defenders, and then athletic defenders, Van Es is a player who could be a mix of both, but he could further showcase his athleticism – mainly his 2.91-second 20m sprint – on-field. Overall though his year has been a successful one for his draft stocks, with the 197cm and 99kg prospect developing strongly in a GWV Rebels side that produced the best bigman in the draft crop in Aaron Cadman.
KPD Defender who with the acquisition of L Jizz gives some time to develop. He is a Low floor HIGH ceiling prospect, who has got some great attributes. In time he can be the Defender to take on the gorilla forwards and match them.

He has a good leg and can be good on the counter attack. Comes with some risk but worth a punt with our 3rd selection.

Western Bulldogs roundup

Elijah Hewett - Midfielder for the future

Josh Weddle - Intercept Defender

James Van Es - Developing KPD

Still require a small forward and wing will look to the rookie draft and SSP for those needs.

Western Bulldogs roundup

Elijah Hewett - Midfielder for the future

Josh Weddle - Intercept Defender

James Van Es - Developing KPD

Still require a small forward and wing will look to the rookie draft and SSP for those needs.

Seth Campbell as a rookie and Caleb Poulter in the SSP would round us out nicely.

GWS draft wrap

2. Aaron Cadman

It makes me want to vomit how good a haul this is for those plastic orange scum. Hollands at 21 is a steal. Every year they seem to draft well. Thank Christ they can't keep the good ones and Carlton take their bad ones.

With pick 38, Norf select Oskar Baker Harvey Gallagher.

A personal favourite of mine after first seeing him properly in the Champs final, he's a super versatile small utility that can fill outside roles from forward to defence. Excelled at half back this year after previously being used as a forward/mid. Racked up huge numbers as a defender, including continuing to hit the scoreboard regularly. He runs all day and is a good user of the footy. i'd be happy if the Dogs took him with our pick 39. In this phantom, the Roos get a quality player that could plug gaps for them on the flanks at either end, or even on a wing, possibly from next year given he's a 19 year old.

RookieMe: Harvey Gallagher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes me want to vomit how good a haul this is for those plastic orange scum. Hollands at 21 is a steal. Every year they seem to draft well. Thank Christ they can't keep the good ones and Carlton take their bad ones.
Honestly, how many years until their draft luck runs out? Draft a bunch of first rounders, trade them out for first rounders or two a couple of first rounders, a few years later. Repeat the process. Surely this rotation will dilute enough that it will fizz out sooner than later.

I figured that even though I don't like the club, I should play this draft game straight. Hollands to 21 was a remarkable slide that won't happen in the real thing.

Honestly, how many years until their draft luck runs out? Draft a bunch of first rounders, trade them out for first rounders or two a couple of first rounders, a few years later. Repeat the process. Surely this rotation will dilute enough that it will fizz out sooner than later.
I don't mind them drafting first rounders aslong as they never win a premiership.

With Pick 39, Hawthorn selects Yuyu Ashwin

A smooth-moving Japanese wingman who provides outside run and carry. Bonsai!

Pick 40 Sydney select Luke teal

At 189cm Teal is capable of shutting down small and medium forwards whilst also providing quality rebound.
With rampe aging and gould not looking likely to make the step up to afl Teal will fit in neatly as a third tall in the future.

Rookie me said.

Teal is a good size for a modern footballer, standing at around 190cm and playing mostly as a defender has played on a range of types but mostly small forwards with his biggest task against Harry Sheezel in Round 16. That was a good battle, with Teal finishing that game with 20 disposals and was a real weapon with his sharp kicking.

Th3 DoG FaTh3R you're up with fremantle

Pick 43 Gold Coast Suns
Max Knobel
Gippsland Power
206cm 91kg
27/6/2004

Write up to come
Ash1337 you're up
I believe Adelaide has used it's first 2 picks on the F/S bid and Actually it has 1 pick at 59 because they like to take have a 37 main list. They Currently have a list 36 with the F/S bid and rookie upgrades. I am not sure what pick we are upto lol.

Last edited:
With Pick 39, Hawthorn selects Yuyu Ashwin

A smooth-moving Japanese wingman who provides outside run and carry. Bonsai!
Interesting choice to keep an eye 👁 on.

You probably mean Banzai! Unless you want to chop him off and keep him down 😉 😬

I believe Adelaide has used it's first 2 picks on the F/S bid and Actually it has 1 pick at 59 because they like to take have a 37 main list. They Currently have a list 36 with the F/S bid and rookie upgrades. I am not sure what pick we are upto lol.
Yeah without going too far into the maths looks like Adelaide's hand is wiped out and they go into deficit for next year. Will still have to take 2 picks at the end of the draft.
Looks like STK are up with Dogs_r_barking

Yeah without going too far into the maths looks like Adelaide's hand is wiped out and they go into deficit for next year. Will still have to take 2 picks at the end of the draft.
Looks like STK are up with Dogs_r_barking
20% discount means that as things land it means 59 is left out and they get a pick back around 72. The AFL phantom draft on reddit had him going about the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back