The Chris Dawes Thread or " I went through succession on a Dawes with no name."( Yes, it's back)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes was bad in that position any alternative would have been better.
but what was our alternative. I agree he was not the right person for it and played the best he could and got hurt doing so. the other rucks
were no good enough

the word was used by some one under your heading those are the facts.
I have not used that word, and if I have I am wrong to do so.
you seem to be getting very angry, and with me.
but that's ok best of luck
You're an idiot. You can see as well as anyone that the word was not used to suggest anyone was a troll. End of discussion. I won't put you on ignore but I will ignore you.

So Dawes was better than Cloke in the year he made the AA and set the record for contested marks in the seasono_O

Dawes only kicked 3 goals or more in a game 3 times that year, compared to Cloke's 14.

Dawes was good in the PF, but Cloke was better. Dawes also played s**t in the GF unlike Cloke.

I wouldn't mind Dawes back but this post is absolute horse s**t.
Dawes had a very good GF replay in 2010. Had a hand (non broken knuckle) in a number of goals.

but what was our alternative. I agree he was not the right person for it and played the best he could and got hurt doing so. the other rucks
were no good enough

Wood, Ceglar, Paine, McNamara, Tarrant.

Neither of them are great options but Dawes was so bad in that role it wouldn't have mattered.

At worst Dawes would be able to play his old role and we'd have a functioning partnership between he and Cloke. At best, one those guys makes the role their own.

Wood, Ceglar, Paine, McNamara, Tarrant.

Neither of them are great options but Dawes was so bad in that role it wouldn't have mattered.

At worst Dawes would be able to play his old role and we'd have a functioning partnership between he and Cloke. At best, one those guys makes the role their own.
fair enough. with those you mention only ceglar I would used in that role

You're an idiot. You can see as well as anyone that the word was not used to suggest anyone was a troll. End of discussion. I won't put you on ignore but I will ignore you.
you call a person an idiot that you don't know at all. interesting ok fine
have a good night, thank you for a strange hour of our life

Before Dawes broke his thumb in 2011 he was our best forward at the time that year. After that it just went downhill :/

Not sure if that was the reason or just coincedence

Funny how a similar thing happened to Josh Fraser. Was never the same after his knee injury in 08. Was really on the way up until that point.

So Dawes was better than Cloke in the year he made the AA and set the record for contested marks in the seasono_O

Dawes only kicked 3 goals or more in a game 3 times that year, compared to Cloke's 14.

Dawes was good in the PF, but Cloke was better. Dawes also played s**t in the GF unlike Cloke.

I wouldn't mind Dawes back but this post is absolute horse .
There was serious discussion about dawes being better than cloke, thats true or should i say thats gold and mick 39 had this discussion together, lol, must be a serious discussion then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually struggling to think of a worse key forward in the comp. Liam Jones doesn't count either because he's clearly a potato dressed as a footballer.

I have asked the rowing question on Brighton Grammar's Facebook page. Hopefully I get a response.

Got an answer - Dawesy did rowing at Brighton, but only for one year in year 10. Was never in the senior team (e.g. the First VIII).

So, I'll give Mick39 the benefit of the doubt on this one that his source and goss could be true. Although his cousin never rowed with Chris in the First VIII, he may well have rowed with him at Brighton.

Got an answer - Dawesy did rowing at Brighton, but only for one year in year 10. Was never in the senior team (e.g. the First VIII).

So, I'll give Mick39 the benefit of the doubt on this one. Although his cousin never rowed with Chris in the First VIII, he may well have rowed with him at Brighton.
From where did you get the answer? I have my question up on the Brighton Grammar and Old Grammarian's FB page and got no reply yet.

Mick39 has to get the benefit of doubt on this one. Not that many students do rowing. Mind you I forget the precise context of the conversation now. My brain is not what it was.

Dawes has a brother called Dave, he played WAFL, is known for his modelling career and is the physio at North. Had my wires crossed but he did row together with my cousin at BGS with Chris.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back