The Chris Dawes Thread or " I went through succession on a Dawes with no name."( Yes, it's back)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes hasn't spoken to Buckley since he was traded. I had a cousin who rowed with Chris at Brighton Grammar in the 1st 8 and he was filthy how he was treated in that interview.
So thread should end there. No chance and why would we!:confused:

Dawes said in an interview that he was told to look for another club. The claim that he opted out because of competition from Lynch is a claim that I have not seen substantiated anywhere. Now I am not really all that keen on him returning to Collingwood, but I believe Dawes when he says he was told to seek a contract elsewhere. He never struck me as a liar.
Fair enough - I certainly agree with the last part, so no real issue, but I guess I don't remember it being that clear cut.

I'll ask the same question hopefully Hine and our list management group are asking at the moment;

"Does player (insert name, in this case Dawes) help us achieve a sustained period of success over the next 4-5 seasons?".

Answer;

NO.

Next player.

at no time we were talking about 2011, it was 2012 nice try to deflect
you are not thatsgold but I believe a brother of

It's a pretty simple concept.
I take it you don't understand?
Would you like the "deflection" explained?

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

I would prefer him to White but I wouldn't be targeting him in the trade period
TBH, I'm not sure I would prefer him. For the role intended for White [second ruck/forward] now next to Cloke and Moore, I'm sure White can play that role better.

Last edited:
Not a dummy spit.
He was never a ruckman.

If you want to blame anyone for Dawes and his demise and leaving the club, blame Malthouse.

Mick told Melbourne to take Neeld (who left before the grand final) and took Leigh Brown with him to Melbourne.

Dawes then was forced into the role, that he was never supposed to play.

and that's why we got lynch to do that role then dawes spat the dummy over it
plain and simple.

Haha

Did you leave the word "brain" out of your user name?

I'm done here

Dawes had limitations but it's disappointing how he is criticised here. He received a massive offer from Melbourne in 2011, turned it down for unders (unlike a lot of other Collingwood players) and signed a 3 year deal.

The next year he was thrown on the trade table. You don't treat fine clubman like that, that is how you destroy a culture.

It's a pretty simple concept.
I take it you don't understand?
Would you like the "deflection" explained?

oh do you really know the meaning of it, and I don't silly me
I thought I was replying to mick 39
sorry you seem to be getting upset over dawes we will have to agree to disagree over it

It's a forum, not a closed conversation.
The point Mick was making is that with Leigh Brown unexpectedly retiring before the GF at the end 2011, we had no-one to play that role, and that Dawes nor anyone else had never played that role in 2011. And he was now was asked to play it in 2012. There was no succession plan due to Browns unexpected retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll ask the same question hopefully Hine and our list management group are asking at the moment;

"Does player (insert name, in this case Dawes) help us achieve a sustained period of success over the next 4-5 seasons?".

Answer;

NO.

Next player.
Agreed but let's stop perpetuating the myth that he squibbed it or spat the dummy.

It's a forum, not a closed conversation.
The point Mick was making is that with Leigh Brown unexpectedly retiring before the GF at the end 2011, we had no-one to play that role, and that Dawes nor anyone else had never played that role in 2011. And he was now was asked to play it in 2012. There was no succession plan due to Browns unexpected retirement.

Spot on.

Anyone who understands football is aware that the Ruck / KPF role is one of the hardest to play. You are bumping into a Number 1 ruckman and then you have to go back and play as a KPF.

A lot of key forwards rely on confidence. Look at Cloke, he drops an early Mark and he is cooked for the day mentally.

Playing as a PT Ruck / KPF is incredibly hard.

Am i missing something?

Are we seriously even discusing chris dawes? Really?

Nice guy, smart guy, premiership player. For him thats nice, but seriously?
Thanks for coming, well done on your success, but its over, boy is it over.

and that's why we got lynch to do that role then dawes spat the dummy over it
plain and simple.
Produce evidence that he spat the dummy. Ages ago I cited in a thread an interview in which he specifically stated he was told to seek another club. Nobody from the squibbed camp has produced any evidence to substantiate their claim. We may not want him back but at least be fair to him and show us something in writing or on video to substantiate your accusation.

Produce evidence that he spat the dummy. Ages ago I cited in a thread an interview in which he specifically stated he was told to seek another club. Nobody from the squibbed camp has produced any evidence to substantiate their claim. We may not want him back but at least be fair to him and show us something in writing or on video to substantiate your accusation.
Mr Great,
I dont know much about Dawes' reaction or otherwise. Im not fussed that he was told, by Gretel Killeen or otherwise, its time to go.
But as a decent guy, a smart guy, a premiership player for us, im with you, he deserves our respect.
I assume he was told thanks, its time to go etc but that is the football beast.

Not a dummy spit.
He was never a ruckman.

If you want to blame anyone for Dawes and his demise and leaving the club, blame Malthouse.

Mick told Melbourne to take Neeld (who left before the grand final) and took Leigh Brown with him to Melbourne.

Dawes then was forced into the role, that he was never supposed to play.

Not sure that the way the game is played today a team can afford a single position player.

Not sure that the way the game is played today a team can afford a single position player.

Fair enough.
But you can't expect a player to evolve into a totally different type of player in one off-season.

it is my opinion only, if that's aloud of course. I am not computer savvy so video wont happen, nor do I have an archive at my finger tips
but my memory. I under stand we all have favorite players. and in some way I was sad to see him go. but I believe what I believe as you do differently
and I will stick to it till proven other wise. this board is opinion driven right or wrong and respectfully that's mine if that's ok

it is my opinion only, if that's aloud of course. I am not computer savvy so video wont happen, nor do I have an archive at my finger tips
but my memory. I under stand we all have favorite players. and in some way I was sad to see him go. but I believe what I believe as you do differently
and I will stick to it till proven other wise. this board is opinion driven right or wrong and respectfully that's mine if that's ok
In other words you like to believe what you want to believe, not the truth. So you along with others perpetuate a lie or at best an assumption that portrays Chris Dawe in an unfavourable light. I am not for one moment going to seriously suggest we want him back. But I will fight the myth peddled by many on here that he spat the dummy. It is not true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back