The Clayton Oliver Statistical Analysis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Your job is not a contact sport.

If you tackle somebody at work, you will get sacked.

If a professional netballer or tennis player starts tackling people at work, they will be sacked.

If a professional AFL player DOESN'T tackle people at work, they will be sacked.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Don't make a stupid hypothetical then.

You mustn't be on our board much (which is understandable), I think there is a thread dedicated to Darling and his diving.

I will speak on behalf of most supporters (as Darling's sponsor) and say that we hate Darling's inept attempts at winning a contest and throwing his head back like he's been shot. He is a disgrace at the moment and his football is well below par, so he's not winning any friends.

While we praise Shuey for finally actually going at the ball instead of always looking to get a free, it's improved his game a lot.
He still ducks a bit, but in no way as much as he used to.
He almost entirely ducks to get away, not to get a free kick. He doesn't stop playing because he gets hit high.

Schoey shouldn’t have touched him, clearly, any contact is a bit too much for this Flopper. Got some form with this behaviour too. Put it this way no one will remember Schoeys ''massive jaw breaking king hit’’. They will all remember Clayton Olivers flop and dive regardless of the outcome tonight.

Forgetting all the back and forth for a sec it does seem really odd that Melbourne havent shut him down on twitter. Whatever you think about him it would be largely forgotten now if not for the tweets/profile pic choices.

This.

Surprised Jones or Viney haven't privately sat him down for a chat, I'd like to imagine if they had he wouldn't have his current twitter profile photo. It isn't the first time his tactics have forced his teammates into coming in to bat for him. Especially this time, absolutely nothing to gain.

Pretty funny seeing Melbourne fans get on the defense after them absolutely melting after Lewis and Hogan got weeks for legitimately whacking Cripps/Rowe, who didn't dive.

I could dig up some hilarious posts if I could be bothered.

I don't think he dived though tbh, it just caught him off guard. Tough as **** player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

Surprised Jones or Viney haven't privately sat him down for a chat, I'd like to imagine if they had he wouldn't have his current twitter profile photo. It isn't the first time his tactics have forced his teammates into coming in to bat for him. Especially this time, absolutely nothing to gain.

Well said. Hence why im not a fan of young players having social media accounts, particularly when the right wing and keyboard no names types carry on most of the time.

Hope he gets off. Don't think it was sufficient force for a suspension.

And if Schofield gets two weeks - what would your opinon of Clayton Oliver be?

Genuinely curious, as you seem to be a Melbourne supporter that doesn't want Schofield banned.

And if Schofield gets two weeks - what would your opinon of Clayton Oliver be?

Genuinely curious, as you seem to be a Melbourne supporter that doesn't want Schofield banned.

For me the problem is Schofield should not get an extra week for pleading his innocence.

In response to your question Clarry is made of stern stuff and would not "dive" like your club other club supporters are accussing him off. I think it just surprised him.

For me the problem is Schofield should not get an extra week for pleading his innocence.

In response to your question Clarry is made of stern stuff and would not "dive" like your club other club supporters are accussing him off. I think it just surprised him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back