The Clayton Oliver Statistical Analysis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what are your thoughts on the tribunal results? Are the Melbourne supporter posts now considered silly since the Schofield was found guilty?
I'm intrigued as to why. Was it found reckless instead of intentional or was it found no impact instead of low impact? Wait for the article.

Pfft.

Seriously though, would be interesting to hear why the jury found not guilty.
I think they all just laughed and said they had better things to do. Trying to get a bloke suspended for 2 weeks because a player took a dive, it's embarrassing for everyone involved in the sport. MRP should have given the diver a fine and avoided this mess.

Pfft.

Seriously though, would be interesting to hear why the jury found not guilty.

Insufficient force, as pretty much every non Melbourne fan in this thread has been harping on about. Oliver had contact to his chin and milked it for all it's worth. Luckily, it didn't result in a player getting suspended - this time.

I think they all just laughed and said they had better things to do. Trying to get a bloke suspended for 2 weeks because a player took a dive, it's embarrassing for everyone involved in the sport. MRP should have given the diver a fine and avoided this mess.
Honestly, best case would have been MRP found no impact. That would have resolved it perfectly. Recognised that Schofield did something wrong and shouldn't really do it, while acknowledging that there wasn't really any damage done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm intrigued as to why. Was it found reckless instead of intentional or was it found no impact instead of low impact? Wait for the article.
West Coast didn't go with downgrading intentional to careless. As Schofield DID intend to push Oliver.

They went with insufficient force, and won.

David Grace QC:
"Negligible force has been used in relation to the high contact".
Schofield's advocate is admitting the act was intentional and high contact, but isn't a reportable offence due to the low degree of force.

Honestly, best case would have been MRP found no impact. That would have resolved it perfectly. Recognised that Schofield did something wrong and shouldn't really do it, while acknowledging that there wasn't really any damage done.
Need to stamp diving out of the game, the Diver should have received a fine and warning from the MRP. Hawkins missed a big game in Perth because Crouch took a dive, a few weeks later Schofield almost missed a big game against the Dogs because Oliver took a dive. Both scenarios the 'victim' was the one who initiated the contact, and pathetically dropped when they received the same treatment. It's filthy.

The case put was that it was a deliberate push with minimal force and he took a dive.

Judges got it spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back