Win Prizes The Coach Pool - Predict the first coach sacked in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

bigfooty-the-coach-pool.jpg
Following on from the thread started earlier, let's make this a full competition.

Predict the first head coach sacked in 2014 and WIN a prize!

We're not sure what the prize will be, but it will be worth $100 or more. Exciting, eh??

The Rules

1. To win you must tip:

* the first head coach to be sacked in 2014.
* the date they will be sacked
* and pick five possible replacement coaches in order of preference 1 (highest) to 5 (lowest).

2. If you're the only person who picks the first coach to be sacked you win! This is highly unlikely.

3. The first tie breaker is the date of the sacking. If you're the closest to the date the sacking is announced, you win!

4. ERMAGERD! Someone tipped the same coach and same date as you! In that case, we look at your choices for replacement. If you tip the replacement higher in your list than anyone else, you win!

So, an entry will look like:

* Coach name
* Date
* Replacements:
1. Name
2. Name
3. Name
4. Name
5. Name

NB: James Hird is not a current AFL coach. Listing him with a date before he is due to return to the box is a waste of an entry.

5. You can edit your post or add a new entry at any time before the deadline. The latest POST in the thread will count as your entry. So if you post twice, then later edit the earlier post, the later post is your entry, not the first post even though it was edited last. Getit??

6. CLOSING DATE - As we're starting this late in the year, we'll close the comp on the 31st January 2014. If a coach is sacked before then, the comp closes immediately and the winner is found. If no winner, we re-open until 31st January.

7. Cheating, gaming the system, exploiting flaws in the software or anything like that will result in expulsion from the comp and the frowning of a lifetime.

Bonus Round: Assistant Rising

Grab the brass ring! Predict the first assistant coach to be elevated to senior coach in 2014! Win a prize!

This might match up with the main comp, we'll see how we do. The difference is that the elevation can be the result of a sacking, banning, resignation, death or injury of the head coach. The main comp is about sacking only.

To Enter Post:
Name, team, round.

The prize for the bonus round will be something groovy like a year's Platinum membership or an invitation to Messenger 's house for dinner. Second prize: invitation to @Messenger's house for breakfast...

Closing date and rules are the same as for The Coach Pool.

I take it we cant pick anyone that is coaching Essendon next year or the one returning after?

* Coach name Guy Mckenna
* Date 7th September
* Replacements:
1. Name Mark Williams
2. Name Mark Thompson
3. Name John Worsfold
4. Name Malcolm Blight
5. Name Kevin Sheedy

Last 2 for lolz.

What if there's no coach sacked? How do we figure out a winner? I'll throw my hat into the no coach sacked ring :D

Coach Sacked:
Brad Scott, NM
Date:
August 5
Replacements:
1. Leigh Tudor
2. Gavin Brown
3. Mark Williams
4. Dean Laidley
5. Shane Watson (Cricketer)

Coach Sacked:
Brad Scott, NM
Date:
August 5
Replacements:
1. Leigh Tudor
2. Gavin Brown
3. Mark Williams
4. Dean Laidley
5. Shane Watson (Cricketer)
6. Paul Seedsman

Left field but the landed gentry of the western districts are grumbling unreasonably but loudly. (and it's not the bbq lamb)

* Coach name Chris Scott
* Date September 7
* Replacements:
1. Name Tudor
2. Name Rooke
3. Name Knights
4. Name Burns
5. Name Scarlett

I'll have the dinner with mess' thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COACH -
Justin Leppitsch (Brisbane Lions)

DATE -
July 31st

REPLACEMENTS -
Mark Harvey
Brett Ratten
Leigh Tudor
Leigh Matthews
Michael Voss

Left field but the landed gentry of the western districts are grumbling unreasonably but loudly. (and it's not the bbq lamb)

* Coach name Chris Scott
* Date September 7
* Replacements:
1. Name Tudor
2. Name Rooke
3. Name Knights
4. Name Burns
5. Name Scarlett

I'll have the dinner with mess' thanks

Trying my hardest to think of a scenario that this could happen and I don't see it at all. I think even if we were 0-10 at Round 10 our board would have the sense to let him tough it out.

Coach - That bloke coaching the Suns.. Guy McKenna I think he is
Date - August 9th
Replacements - Tudor, Knights, Dew, Burns, Voss

Trying my hardest to think of a scenario that this could happen and I don't see it at all. I think even if we were 0-10 at Round 10 our board would have the sense to let him tough it out.

I did say left field and unreasonably, but the squatters are grumbling and that's good enough for a punt on the longest of shots in this comp for me.

One year after falling to expansion team Gold Coast, Collingwood do the same in 2014 and Buckley's position comes under fire. He is spared by a merciful Eddie McGuire until fellow expansion team GWS manage to beat them in Round 22. Buckley is as good as sacked immediately, but it is not announced officially until the Monday. Rodney Eade takes over for the last game as caretaker coach, and is talked up as a possible option for the head gig, but ends up staying as Coaching Strategist in 2015, and Leigh Tudor is made senior coach. Mick Malthouse is also mentioned numerous times, and Collingwood supporters wonder 'what if'.

Coach: Nathan Buckley
Date: August 25
Replacements:
1. Leigh Tudor
2. Simon Goodwin
3. Rodney Eade
4. Robert Harvey
5. Mark Williams

Coach: James Hird
Date: 1st October
Replacements:
Mark Thompson