The Collingwood game won't be switched - now what?

Remove this Banner Ad

hawker11

Club Legend
Aug 24, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Given that the AFL will continue its 'zero respect' policy on Hawthorn and its fans by not switching the Haw v Coll game to the MCG - what is the best procedure to ensure that we get in to the Telstra Dome? When can tickets be pre-booked for this match? How much will they be for members/non-members and what choices of seats do Hawthorn members get? I hope Hawthorn does as much as it can to ensure that Hawthorn members are not locked out of this match.

Have you given up? Has God handed down from on high. If Demetriou or the faceless men of the AFL wont accept then it is time to start holding the AFL commissioners to account.

What have you done about this matter Eddie and Jeff?

And what are the contractual reasons that have been referred to? There is just so much acquiesence in the community that it is hard to stomach. Where is the transparency in what is OUR game?

Heard A anderson comment the other day.
They are worried about switching it, then getting rain and less than 5ok turning up. Pathetic.
They are worried about possibly looking stupid, but look stupid anyway!!

AFL members reserve sold out for the match already.

Bravo AFL, jolly well done. :eek:

This is now gone to far, Jeff and Ian Robbson must now demand that we move the game or to boycot it, this is not fair, Jeffs gotta now show hes power and make the change for the sake of footy and get rid of that Hawthorn hating bum Demtriou

Through MCC membership tickets don't go on sale until a week before the game.. does anyone know if there is tickets allocated for us MCC members???

Through MCC membership tickets don't go on sale until a week before the game.. does anyone know if there is tickets allocated for us MCC members???

Yes there are, this is from the MCC website

Arrangements for MCC Members at Telstra Dome

Access

MCC members are permitted to purchase one ticket for themselves and one guest ticket (subject to availability) to Level 2 Gold Reserve seating in the Axcess One members’ area for home and away matches in the 2007 AFL season.

There are no access rights for AFL finals matches.

Telstra Dome Facilities

MCC members may utilise the following facilities:

Axcess One Members’ Bar for selected matches.
Ready-to-go food and beverage outlets located on Level 2.
Walk-up (no booking privileges) dining and bar facilities within the Level 2 LiveWire Entertainment Complex, namely E.J. Whitten Bar, Arena View Café and Arena View Restaurant. (Arena View Restaurant not available for Essendon home games)

MCC MEMBERS’ TICKET PRICES

(Gold Reserve Level 2 seating)

MCC members: $28.80
Guest tickets: Adult: $47.30, Child: (under 15 years) $12.40

Prices are inclusive of GST and Ticketmaster fees except for a $6.30 transaction fee for operator-assisted phone bookings.

Ticket Purchase Methods
Ticketmaster's MCC booking line on 1300 651 220
Ticketmaster outlets
Via Ticketfast at www.telstradome.com.au and then the Axcess One membership webpage
The Axcess One members’ window at Gate 7 on match days, from two hours prior to the start of the event, if tickets are still available.

MCC members must provide the valid barcode number located on the front of their membership card when booking tickets by phone and website, or present their card for scanning when purchasing tickets at the designated Ticketmaster outlets or at Telstra Dome on the match day.

Ticket Pre-Purchase Period
Tickets to all 2007 AFL home and away season matches will be available no earlier than at 9.00am on the Friday of the week prior to the match.

Instead of scanning the membership card at the turnstiles, MCC members must to be in possession of a valid event ticket to enter Telstra Dome and gain entry to the Axcess One Members’ Bar.

All other events
MCC Members may have an opportunity to purchase tickets to other events at Telstra Dome.

Should you have any queries, please contact the Membership Services Office on (03) 9657 8888 or Axcess One Membership on 1300 36 21 88 (press 2).

I'm an MCC member but I dont the membership to get tickets for the game I use a different method because the MCC level 2 are way too expensive for me. So I can't help you as to when/if these tickets normally sell out. I dont know on those points but I hope that helps.

Yes there are, this is from the MCC website

I'm an MCC member but I dont the membership to get tickets for the game I use a different method because the MCC level 2 are way too expensive for me. So I can't help you as to when/if these tickets normally sell out. I dont know on those points but I hope that helps.
Cheers for that mate. I would think (hope) they'll leave us some. Ill just have to get in early on that friday!

If getting into the game isn't possible, I'm guessing that it will be shown live at good sporting pubs.

Any suggestions for good ones?

Has it been confirmed that Hawk fans will only get leftovers, or will we be able to get tix on same day as them.?
Anyone?

i already bought tickets off the ticketmaster7 website. bought them a week ago

You purchased 4 tickets to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Collingwood VS Hawthorn
Telstra Dome, Melbourne, VIC
Sun 1 Jul 2007, 17:10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i already bought tickets off the ticketmaster7 website. bought them a week ago

You purchased 4 tickets to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Collingwood VS Hawthorn
Telstra Dome, Melbourne, VIC
Sun 1 Jul 2007, 17:10

Cheers. Will do same.

I have HFC Reserved Social Club Membership. I also purchased the two top-up games with this membership at the time. Am I entitled to get entry on match day or do I need to also pre-book a ticket?

This is a diabolical situation. Demetriou must be laughing with his million dollar a year salary. The AFL is a bullshit, facist organistaion. They do not give a rat's arse about the fans.

This is a designated extra home game in lieu of the Tassie deal. Purchased tickets last night with ticketmaster on-line Cost me $22 for a reserved adult seat on level 1 and $7 per child. Nots sure there is much else left so I'd get in quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back