List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Sydney v Melbourne? Let it go fellas.

Back to the thread topic: Today's game game just confirms for me that Treloar is the number on resigning target. Everyone talks about Cameron, but Treloar is more valuable in my estimate. My top five resigning prioriities, in order:

Treloar
Cameron
Smith
Shiel
Cogs

Really? Sydney v Melbourne? Let it go fellas.
My top five resigning prioriities, in order:

Treloar
Cameron
Smith
Shiel
Cogs

Treloar is going to win Brownlows and be our Captain so he is an extreme priority but we need to lock in Cameron first because he's the face of GWS for marketing the game and growing the game right now. He will also kick the goals to win the games. And he's already All Australian.

I would also have WHE in ahead of Cogs. WHE's speed and class in kicking goals is more valuable than Cogs at the moment IMO.

Smith & Shiel definitely 3&4 though.

Treloar is going to win Brownlows and be our Captain so he is an extreme priority but we need to lock in Cameron first because he's the face of GWS for marketing the game and growing the game right now. He will also kick the goals to win the games. And he's already All Australian.

I would also have WHE in ahead of Cogs. WHE's speed and class in kicking goals is more valuable than Cogs at the moment IMO.

Smith & Shiel definitely 3&4 though.

You could possibly argue that Treloar is more likely to be the face of the club if he backs up the media work he did last year

What's the general feel in GWS on who signs and who goes ? I'll be honest I don't read much eastern based media. My thinking is that treloar, Cameron WHE will def sign fairly positive coniglio will for you guys as well will open himself to much scrutiny if he doesn't esp after his comments in January. Shiel will be the one to leave if anyone does for you guys

Whoever goes I will not begrudge them leaving.

I've only been back in Sydney a month now and I miss Melbourne so much I'm even missing proper s**t hole suburbs like Heidelberg and Delahey.

Melbourne really is infinitely better than Sydney.

I love Melbourne, but it's not easy on the ears.

The persistent whine from it's Chip-on-the-shoulder/Middle child syndrome/Always-the-bridesmaid grudge/Napoleon Complex is unbearable at times. :p

Treloar is so far the best player in our team it's not funny. Watching the intra club yesterday he's managed to get quicker and stronger.

Jezza is still rusty but he will get back to form and be our best forward.

WHE has the best attributes of any player in the comp. He is our highlights reel and a match winner.

Smith and Shiel are just pure class.

These 5 are the untouchables that we cannot afford to lose. I am crossing everything that their bond and urge to win flags together overcomes money/urge to go home.

Fingers crossed for a good start to the year!!

What's the general feel in GWS on who signs and who goes ? I'll be honest I don't read much eastern based media. My thinking is that treloar, Cameron WHE will def sign fairly positive coniglio will for you guys as well will open himself to much scrutiny if he doesn't esp after his comments in January. Shiel will be the one to leave if anyone does for you guys

There's little "Eastern based" media that deals with the Club and players over and above the Melb media.

Judging from comments on media (albeit a lot with and on behalf of the Club) none of the guys you've mentioned are likely to leave.

While there was a heap of speculation about Shiel leaving a year ago, his public comments are more about being part of the "first" group to do that. I'd say for any 17 year old having Sheedy and SOS selling a "you'll play lots of games and make history" would stick in your head. When there's a good chance of finals football in the next few years, there's an incentive to stay; particularly if the teams that are offering the $$ are in the rebuild process.

There's little "Eastern based" media that deals with the Club and players over and above the Melb media.

Judging from comments on media (albeit a lot with and on behalf of the Club) none of the guys you've mentioned are likely to leave.

While there was a heap of speculation about Shiel leaving a year ago, his public comments are more about being part of the "first" group to do that. I'd say for any 17 year old having Sheedy and SOS selling a "you'll play lots of games and make history" would stick in your head. When there's a good chance of finals football in the next few years, there's an incentive to stay; particularly if the teams that are offering the $$ are in the rebuild process.

Good to hear whilst I have a few doubts about gws (more location than anything). It's good too see kids sticking to there original team all clubs must start somewhere to create a club history and a brand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the Cordy article I don't think so.

While I'd love for it to be Jezza, you don't give that sort of teaser to the News Sydney-based AFL writer and show him up the following day. It's classic "what not to do" journo relationship management.
The article didn't match the headline though. Not ruling it out yet.

I think Jezza will stay but will be one of the last contracts done. Might be a case of seeing who stays, who goes & how much money is available.
If it was about money, I wouldn't be waiting for scraps. You'd sign early while the offer is good, or go elsewhere. The GWS offer will not get much better as time drags on. GWS will, at some point, need to hedge and start tilting more dollars at those indicating a strong desire to commit and commit earlier. The grave yards are full of indispensible people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back